What's new

The Tier List According to CD Mani and Coach Steve

Yoaks

A spaceman
Okay.

Though its been mostly in private but we have been talking about nournful since pre pre pre patch. Most of us even talk it up. Sometimes i overrated but even with all the talk we end up agreeing thats its mid tier at best. Mournful is super good but still gets out classed by top tier.

But lets not forget, black adma needs a low launcher
Let's also not forget how to spell the name "Adam".

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It doesn't matter what CDjr has accomplished at the game, his tier list is very good, and not based off just what YOMI players are doing, and I know everyone will say "but YOMI weeklies are better than...", but they are also playing the friend match ups, they know the opponents too well, and the match ups aren't played traditionally, we all know what goes on in the friendship/training partner MU, you generally don't try to completely ruin your opponent's options, you play directly vs the opponent and not the character.

Tremor being lower than he is on YOMI's list is a perfect example of how on point this is, as DJT can play well with him and beat almost everyone at YOMI with him, for the causal or under educated player, it kind of blows over the ton of MU problems he has vs basic low profiling and almost everyone destroying his wake up armour.

But a glaring mistake is that they are missing characters...Raiden, Mileena, Ermac...

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I read the post just fine, thanks. That was a cute attempt to throw shade tho.

You came into the thread and basically bashed Kitana players saying we don't know Mournful or we moan and blah. You then proceeded to make it seem you believe she's S Tier simply because CDjr said so. That's a severe case of dick riding bro. Hop off before it goes too far.

Then, when people are asking you why you would believe such a statement, you try to turn the question back on them or just simply avoid it. That's making you look even more bad. Make a claim and then back it up. Simple as that.

I know for a fact that me, @RunwayMafia, @Laos_boy and others use all 3 variations and to hear that Mournful is in the same category as Predator and Quan is going to cause a knee-jerk reaction. I'm not trying to say mournful is bad, its actually very good, but S Tier good is out of the question IMO. I could be wrong, highly doubt it tho.
Oh please. We Kitana mains all damn well know that Mournful is solid but has no business being in the same class as Quan, Pred, and Cassie. LMAO. Talk about being out of touch.

It's because his older bro prefers Mournful over Royal Storm.

Mournful is like this hidden gem of a variation that people are just now discovering. It offers safety and Mid/OH zoning where as Royal Storm offers damage and fan conversions.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
You know I really agree with the reptile shit, man invisible 50/50s is one of the most broken things a character in a fighting game could have, and it's very easy to snuff your wakeup by dashing across screen invisible because to react in time that he's switched sides of the screen you gotta listen, you can't see it you have to actually listen out for that shit, it goes above and beyond mind games it's ridiculous.

Having said that I still agree with the character in his current state, everyone needs something dirty.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Okay I've just released my Tier list i'm just going to say it i'm not doing every character because I haven't spent any time in the lab.
Why did they put "X character" low? don't they spend time in the lab to find out shit?
Anyway guys I don't think A tiers exist, this game is really balanced I'm pretty sure at least in my opinion (Which is fact) but that's why i'm here, here is your tier list.

Maximum Over Tier.
Whis
Bills
Kung Lao
Cassie
Quan Chi
Shinnok.

Z Tier.
Everyone else.

S Tier.
Like I dunno fuck it, Goro.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Okay I've just released my Tier list i'm just going to say it i'm not doing every character because I haven't spent any time in the lab.
Why did they put "X character" low? don't they spend time in the lab to find out shit?
Anyway guys I don't think A tiers exist, this game is really balanced I'm pretty sure at least in my opinion (Which is fact) but that's why i'm here, here is your tier list.

Maximum Over Tier.
Whis
Bills
Kung Lao
Cassie
Quan Chi
Shinnok.

Z Tier.
Everyone else.

S Tier.
Like I dunno fuck it, Goro.
Not everyone watches DBZ.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Problem is you're intellectually incapable of differentiating between me talking shit about a player for being an idiot, and talking shit about a player's skills. My statuses are all burying how terrible CD Jr's twitter account is, or how hypocritical Tom is, or whatever. My statuses don't state: "X player who's better than me and actually goes to tournaments sucks."

Prove me otherwise or shut the fuck up.

So yeah sorry, I don't have to show up to tournaments to earn the right to call out something stupid. To better highlight the point, if I say "Cossner, you're a drama queen who dishes out and can't take it," that has nothing to do with who goes to tournament or you being better or worse at the game. That's just me calling you out on your posts. Now on the other hand, if I say "can't wait to see you make top 8's in MKX majors in 2018," then you could play the "at least I go to tournaments" card.
Awwww Coolwhip, you're like a bad case of hemorrhoids. You ask for respect you haven't earned. You're obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious. You don't play or compete. You don't help people level up or grow your characters knowledge (do you even play mkx?) You call out players who are way more invested in the community and way more competent than you are. You're just like, an internet creature, waiting to jump on someone and have 0 stake on it. I really don't understand what are you even doing here lol. Literally the whole purpose of your existence is to point out how everyone sucks but you. It's ok though, I'm sure everyone sits at the edge of their seat waiting to see what Coolwhip is gonna post next about CDjr or something.

Last edited:

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Tier List according me because I'm bored at work:

S:
Quan Chi
Predator
Tanya
Tremor
Jax

A:
D'Vorah
Cassie
Kung Lao
Kung Jin
Johnny Cage
Erron Black
Sonya
Takeda
Reptile

B:
Sub Zero
Jacqui
Raiden
Kitana
Shinnok
Scorpion
Ermac
Liu Kang
Kano
Kotal Khan
Jacqui

C:
Kenshi
Ferra/Torr
Mileena
Goro
Jason

Some of these I just use the community trend as to where to place them. Others I feel pretty good about personally based on their tools. Who knows!?

Last edited:

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I think Tier Lists are fun but ultimately pointless if we're not talking about match-ups, or even really why match-ups are favorable.

I will say that I'm a fan of @cR Biohazard and he's shown Ferra/Torr can do good work against top tier characters (and players). It's difficult to really nail down where a character might fall overall when the player base for that character is small.

It feels like TYM is stuck on some kind of Dragon Ball Z "Power Level" kick that just doesn't really fit this game.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Honestly guys if we keep saying this game is as balanced as it is a tier list isn't really the be all and end all at the end of the day.
I truely have not given any thought to how a single MU is in this game except for FF LK Vs GM Sub, but I'm just a victim of being bad against Sub full stop so I try not to even think about that one.
Like I go into all other MUs and play MY game and more often than not I pull it off.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm gonna come right out and say that I find tier lists to be highly irrelevant in this game. There's only one viable playstyle in MKX and that's pressure. There are only two tiers in this game and that's the poorly designed top tiers and the inadequate by comparison rest of the roster.

NRS has balanced a game around offensive momentum alone, and any character that deviates from this principle gets snuffed.

YOMI realized this quicker than most and proceeded to stack every tournament possible and now where stuck watching Predator vs Quan Chi and Tanya v Kung Lao at every major for finals---- am is supposed to be hype for a Top 8 that's literally "5 YOMI and 2 other people?" hey look guys I found a typo. Looks like my opinion's irrelevant now.

We have zoning variations that can't even zone at the same time that we have pressure/mixup variations that zone as a bonus.

NRS design choices baffle me. Why they decided a character with absurd chip, stupid jump-ins, near constant pressure, high damage out put, a dive kick, and a teleport for good measure ALSO needed the best anti-air in the game is a complete and infuriating mystery.

I suppose it's fun though, right?

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Tier List according me because I'm bored at work:

S:
Quan Chi
Predator
Tanya
Tremor
Jax

A:
D'Vorah
Cassie
Kung Lao
Kung Jin
Johnny Cage
Erron Black
Sonya
Takeda
Reptile

B:
Sub Zero
Jacqui
Raiden
Kitana
Shinnok
Scorpion
Ermac
Liu Kang
Kano
Kotal Khan
Jacqui

C:
Kenshi
Ferra/Torr
Mileena
Goro
Jason

Some of these I just use the community trend as to where to place them. Others I feel pretty good about personally based on their tools. Who knows!?

After the buffs, Kotal Kahn feels a lot better than he used to be. B1 hitting mid and starting at 9 frames did a lot for him.

This could be an off prediction in my part, but I think Kotal Kahn will be raising higher on everyone's tier lists soon.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm gonna come right out and say that I find tier lists to be highly irrelevant in this game. There's only one viable playstyle in MKX and that's pressure. There are only two tiers in this game and that's the poorly designed top tiers and the inadequate by comparison rest of the roster.

NRS has balanced a game around offensive momentum alone, and any character that deviates from this principle gets snuffed.

YOMI realized this quicker than most and proceeded to stack every tournament possible and now where stuck watching Predator vs Quan Chi and Tanya v Kung Lao at every major for finals---- am is opposed to be hype for a Top 8 that's literally "5 YOMI and 2 other people?"

We have zoning variations that can't even zone at the same time that we have pressure/mixup variations that zone as a bonus.

NRS design choices baffle me. Why they decided a character with absurd chip, stupid jump-ins, near constant pressure, high damage out put, a dive kick, and a teleport for good measure ALSO needed the best anti-air in the game is a complete and infuriating mystery.

I suppose it's fun though, right?

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
After the buffs, Kotal Kahn feels a lot better than he used to be. B1 hitting mid and starting at 9 frames did a lot for him.

This could be an off prediction in my part, but I think Kotal Kahn will be raising higher on everyone's tier lists soon.
I think you might be right. Wasn't sure if I should put him one spot higher or not. He's on the upside for sure.