What's new

The thought of Inustice becoming mainstream?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Also, I think the world just needs to be exposed to competitive fighting games in the first place. I didn't even know about FGC events a couple years ago. The first one I saw was eye-opening for me; as a former Counter-Strike player, I didn't even know there was so much interest in fighting games, because I hadn't seen them in official 'esports' (except for a stint in that short-lived CGS).

Since then, I've turned 3 friends that don't even play fighting games on to watching the tournaments -- and they all love it. Without someone telling them, they'd never have known.

So I think that, although we may never be as popular as SC or CoD, we still have a lot of work to do and a lot of room to grow when it comes to making everyday gamers and fans aware of the competitive aspect of these games. MK tournaments have been ridiculously hype and perennially exciting, and I think that a lot of people are missing out simply because they have no clue these events exist.

We do a great job of promoting FGC events to each other; but we need to start promoting them to the outside world.

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
Absolutely disgusting. Will drop immediately. I'd rather play obscure doujin fighters with no netplay than play a disgusting mainstream piece of garbage.