What's new

The Story Mode *Spoilers*

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
dark knight rises, really that's probably the reason.

Then where is Zod who's in a movie that releases in 2 months? Where's Talia who was the "main" villain in that movie? Like, I hear this all the time but TDKR finished with it's sets (Blu-ray releases, etc...) in December, who cares at this point that Bane is in?

I complained about Bat people but they were integral for the most part, whether in the comic or the game. Bane was not and has yet to be, at this point Mirror Master has contributed more to the story than Bane.

Then where is Zod who's in a movie that releases in 2 months? Where's Talia who was the "main" villain in that movie? Like, I hear this all the time but TDKR finished with it's sets (Blu-ray releases, etc...) in December, who cares at this point that Bane is in?

I complained about Bat people but they were integral for the most part, whether in the comic or the game. Bane was not and has yet to be, at this point Mirror Master has contributed more to the story than Bane.
I agree with you, mirror master would have made more sense, perhaps they just wanted to attract fans of the movie, man of steel is not out yet, and who knows if they're making a zod skin for superman with different super, grab, intro and outro?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I agree with you, mirror master would have made more sense, perhaps they just wanted to attract fans of the movie, man of steel is not out yet, and who knows if they're making a zod skin for superman with different super, grab, intro and outro?

They have Batman and Catwoman for the movie.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
one of supermans concept arts looked like it could be zod, but then again i know nothing about him so maybe it was just a random look

tazzmission

Banned
billy :(
but the story OMG and Damian wtf shit was amazing but i guess they only wanted heroes playable in it? i loved it but it didnt seem any longer than MK's was
yea i said oh shit outloud at like 3am when batman said to damien you are dead to me

i didnt expect that at all

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
The story was kinda ass. I really dislike the alternate universe Crap. Its a weak way to do whatever you want then just say, "but it's cool, this didn't happen in our universe".

The only way the story could be weaker is if all of a sudden Batman wakes in his bed in a cold sweat, screaming. He is then relieved, because this whole big mess was all a dream...

Am I the only one who hated the story mode. The dialogue was well-written but there were some massive plot holes - let's see:

Joker1 gets his nuke off Lex1. Lex2 has 'never commited a crime in his life', so where did Joker2 get his nuke? Where did Joker1 get the happy pills? And since when does joker own batman (first joker fight)?

Supe1 fights BA, Aquaman, doomsday and then himself in succession. All of his opponents go even with him according to DC lore (feel free to correct me here, I'm not a hardcore fan) - any semblance of logic puts superman at severely hurt after every one of those fights and therefore unable to win the next one. This irritated me most when he fought doomsday then supe2 - doomsday once killed superman ffs!

All the heroes from world 1 defeat their mirrors in world 2. So world 1 heroes are stronger....?

Wonder Woman2 gets owned by everyone and their mum.

Shazam is as strong as superman but isn't strong enough to crush ice (in his mouth when he dies).

The insurgents' plot to take down Superman doesn't involve getting hold of kryptonite & making him human (explained in comics? I haven't read). Let's say the fastest man in the world (flash) wants to take down someone who is weak to kryptonite. Go find some, get close, win. Why doesn't batman's 'backup plan' involve lots and lots of kryptonite instead of some finnicky kryptonite laser?

Batman2 tells Superman1 that if supe1 goes bad, he's coming for him. This is directly after Batman2 has lived for 5 years completely unable to touch Superman2.

And finally as an irrelevant personal nitpick, the idea that only superman can beat superman sucks and is why I hate him.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
In fairness it's a fighting game story mode, I was fairly impressed in that regard.

I mean I've played Tekken and who the fuck knows what's going on there: "something something... Mishimia... *mumbling* Kazama... KING OF IRON FIST"

However in equal fairness: MK9's story was good, better than this anyway...

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I was a little disappointed that the way they all can fight each other was just super steroid pill :-( I thought it would be something bigger like a God or other supernatural force giving them the enhancement.
because that aint overused

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Am I the only one who hated the story mode. The dialogue was well-written but there were some massive plot holes - let's see:

Joker1 gets his nuke off Lex1. Lex2 has 'never commited a crime in his life', so where did Joker2 get his nuke? Where did Joker1 get the happy pills? And since when does joker own batman (first joker fight)?

Supe1 fights BA, Aquaman, doomsday and then himself in succession. All of his opponents go even with him according to DC lore (feel free to correct me here, I'm not a hardcore fan) - any semblance of logic puts superman at severely hurt after every one of those fights and therefore unable to win the next one. This irritated me most when he fought doomsday then supe2 - doomsday once killed superman ffs!

All the heroes from world 1 defeat their mirrors in world 2. So world 1 heroes are stronger....?

Wonder Woman2 gets owned by everyone and their mum.

Shazam is as strong as superman but isn't strong enough to crush ice (in his mouth when he dies).

The insurgents' plot to take down Superman doesn't involve getting hold of kryptonite & making him human (explained in comics? I haven't read). Let's say the fastest man in the world (flash) wants to take down someone who is weak to kryptonite. Go find some, get close, win. Why doesn't batman's 'backup plan' involve lots and lots of kryptonite instead of some finnicky kryptonite laser?

Batman2 tells Superman1 that if supe1 goes bad, he's coming for him. This is directly after Batman2 has lived for 5 years completely unable to touch Superman2.

And finally as an irrelevant personal nitpick, the idea that only superman can beat superman sucks and is why I hate him.
joker and batman are even

joker1 got the pills from harley

theres not enough kryptonite

batmen have plans to take down superman, 2 of them will get the job done

unless flash can fly theres no way he can reach superman with kryptonite

joker and batman are even

joker1 got the pills from harley

theres not enough kryptonite

batmen have plans to take down superman, 2 of them will get the job done

unless flash can fly theres no way he can reach superman with kryptonite
ok.

And then gave them to Harley's men? I don't think so.

If you say so. Idk.

Sure, that's why 2 batmen took down Superman 2. Oh wait.

Of course, superman flies constantly. Good point.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
... I gotta admit while DC usually tries to keep stuff friendly I like that they tried to cram in as much rude stuff/swear words as possible:

Joker: "Humpty Dumpty fell on a truck, Humpty Dumpty's suit is f-"