What's new

The Stick Thread

AC1984

Kaballin!
Looks very nice Dan. I think there is a diagram with the exact measures somewhere in google. I also have original size picture of the MK4 button board. I'll send it to you if you want to.

Tim Static

Adminerator

ok so here is what I made. as you can see I'm dumb and didn't use a ruler to do this. the lp button is the one that is way off it's not alined with lk or hp. this was a practice try so Now I'm going to mess around with it and see if I like this button layout or not.
wow. someone get our buddy the MK3 layout quick! lmao :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
This was/is my only retail stick for N64 fighters, it was alright...lol with a hori stick, shitty IMO lol and standard N64 layout but bigger and made for fighters. The one cool thing about it however unlike any other stick I've seen was the screw in joystick, bubble top option to use further away or closer(middle) to the buttons.

I have to say playing KI, SF on it wasn't too bad but playing MK=fail lol...

Dr Doggystyle

The #1 MK Kollector from the Netherlands
very nice !
does anyone has a MK template for the PS3 Hori Fightstick 3 ? All i can find are SF templates, but im not that good with pictures to make my own MK template for the Hori Fightstick 3

Dr Doggystyle

The #1 MK Kollector from the Netherlands
thanks man for the link but my sticks have a different layout
and i was looking for a jpg / psd template with mortal kombat related prints

these are my stick, but as you can see they need a nice MK print :)

B W1zZ

Noob
I'm thinking about getting a Hori Real Arcade Pro Ex Se stick, would this be a good choice? It's 86 bucks on amazon and I haven't seen anything else of the same quality around that price, just wondering if anyone here recommends it? I see it in DarkRob's collection.

It comes with a Seimitsu stick and buttons, not all sanwa but I don't care because I'm transitioning from pad, and I hear Seimitsu is good quality as well, just flat topped buttons instead of rounded off like sanwa, and a bit softer on push.

Is there anything out there thats of better quality at this price?

Dark_Rob

Noob
I'm thinking about getting a Hori Real Arcade Pro Ex Se stick, would this be a good choice? It's 86 bucks on amazon and I haven't seen anything else of the same quality around that price, just wondering if anyone here recommends it? I see it in DarkRob's collection.

It comes with a Seimitsu stick and buttons, not all sanwa but I don't care because I'm transitioning from pad, and I hear Seimitsu is good quality as well, just flat topped buttons instead of rounded off like sanwa, and a bit softer on push.

Is there anything out there thats of better quality at this price?
Its decent, but im not gonna lie, Seimitsu's got nothing on Sanwa. Sanwa is in every way superior. I sold that stick at ECT2 because I just didnt like the way the stick and buttons felt compared to Sanwa. The buttons are stiffer compared to the OBSF-30's and the Sanwa JLF rapes the LS-32 imo.
For $20 or $30 more you could get a Madcatz T.E. which is all Sanwa.

B W1zZ

Noob
Its decent, but im not gonna lie, Seimitsu's got nothing on Sanwa. Sanwa is in every way superior. I sold that stick at ECT2 because I just didnt like the way the stick and buttons felt compared to Sanwa. The buttons are stiffer compared to the OBSF-30's and the Sanwa JLF rapes the LS-32 imo.
For $20 or $30 more you could get a Madcatz T.E. which is all Sanwa.
Yeah I hear you, I definitely want to get a stick with Sanwa parts since it's known to be superior and I don't want to shell out money for a stick unless I'm getting extremely good quality (I'm a cheap ass). I'm thinking I might purchase the SE Madcatz stick and get sanwa parts for it just to save some money.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Semitsu is only good cuz of the clear buttons that you can drop art in.

Tim Static

Adminerator
The important question is what game are you buying it to play?

PS- imo for Hori, there is only ONE Hori i'd buy:

Personally, i am a AIAB guy, even tho I have 4 MadCatz TE's too lol

MKF30

True ^ and then there's stick preference and button preferences, baseball bat or cherry/bubble top like that ^ and concave vs. convex buttons etc.

Anywho lol here's another stick for my SNES I used to play MK and SF on way back haha

MKF30

lol, that's not a kiddy toy timmy :p Just an oldass joystick haha(before AIAB) cute isn't it?....those are actual retail joysticks ^ the first one was made by arcade shark (which may have turned into MadCatz, not sure) lol the second one does look like a toy but believe it or not had a better bubble stick then the first one lol.

Dark_Rob

Noob
The important question is what game are you buying it to play?

PS- imo for Hori, there is only ONE Hori i'd buy:

Personally, i am a AIAB guy, even tho I have 4 MadCatz TE's too lol
I have a Hori VLX and it is the bomb. Somehow I dont think Bw1zZ is looking to drop $300 on an arcade stick though. lol
The VLX looks even fresher once you pop out the two end buttons and put some button plugs in. ;)

B W1zZ

Noob
I ended up picking up a SE Madcatz fight stick yesterday lol, better than nothing.

Now I just gotta swap the flimsy ass buttons out with sanwa parts. You still have those links Rob?

@MKF: That stick controller or whatever it is looks like a pain in the ass to use. That controller would drive me insane.

MKF30

I ended up picking up a SE Madcatz fight stick yesterday lol, better than nothing.

Now I just gotta swap the flimsy ass buttons out with sanwa parts. You still have those links Rob?

@MKF: That stick controller or whatever it is looks like a pain in the ass to use. That controller would drive me insane.
Which one? lol

MKF30

Yeah, it was/is kind of hard to play on lol. But I admit, since it has a bubble/cherry top stick(I think they're horrible IMO) it makes it more difficult to play with, give me a baseball bat HAPP any day over the cherry/bubble top...

Dark_Rob

Noob

Here a total package with everything you will need plus an included octagonal restrictor plate in case you dont like the square gate.
They come in all different colors, I just threw up the all black link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sanwa-Joystick-JLF-TP-8YT-6-Push-Button-OBSF-30-Black-/290422715233?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item439e8af361

so does anyone have a pix of the umk3 layout ?

Here you go Dan. Using the colors of the buttons in the pic above I will tell you what to map to what button

Blue button(top)- High Punch
Blue button(bottom)- Low punch
White button - block
Red button(top)- High kick
Red button(bottom) Low kick
Yellow button - Run(also tag assist for MK9)

Hope this helps.

MKF30

Question concerning the AIAB, you can use any KUSTOM art right? Meaning as long as it's not someone's copyright art, so I can use a painting a friend did or one I did myself as long as it's not copyright or any art online that's not copyright, correct?