What's new

The Steak Divide

How Do You Take Your Steak?

• Total voters
Recently, a debate has broken out behind closed doors about the proper way to have your Steak cooked. There seems to be an alarmingly large group of heathens who actually like to destroy a perfectly good cut of meat by having it served Well Done. This, in my opinion is an insult to steak second only to putting ketchup on it. So, at this point we turn to you, the community to see where your allegiances lie. With the righteous? Or with those who would see fit to insult all cuts of Steak from past, present & future.

Choose your side:

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Medium rare generally so that's how I'll vote, but if I know the restaurant does rare like a baller and I've been there before I'll go with that.

And ugh I already know exactly who's going to vote for leather options...

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
I'm a person who has lost taste due to ingesting a multitude of spices and variations of curry. So I take my steak medium rare when I go to the good ole Americana Roadhouse

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Recently, a debate has broken out behind closed doors about the proper way to have your Steak cooked. There seems to be an alarmingly large group of heathens who actually like to destroy a perfectly good cut of meat by having it served Well Done. This, in my opinion is an insult to steak second only to putting ketchup on it. So, at this point we turn to you, the community to see where your allegiances lie. With the righteous? Or with those who would see fit to insult all cuts of Steak from past, present & future.

Choose your side:
Delete them, unfriend them, cut them out of your life

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I figure I could say a couple of infuriating things here, so get your guns.

First, if I ate a steak it would be well done. Food should be cooked and rawish meat is just super gross. Second, beef is kind of the lamest of all meats in my opinion. It's really only good for making Pho, and honestly, hamburgers are just OK. I would take pretty much any meat over beef, that is IF I actually still ate meat. I don't see any meat in my fridge, just Tofu.

I'm fairly certain that's the most offensive post I could have made for this thread, and it's all true. Feel free to hate - I am stirring the pot.

trufenix

bye felicia
I love a bloody steak, but truth be told, my brother (who is obviously made of mostly the same genetic material I am) is on the total opposite spectrum from I in terms of preference. Any sign of pink at all and he will spend the entire meal bitching about it.

As such, I will concede that well done steaks, while cooked in direct offense of god's intentions do have a role to play on this earth.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Well done: "Can u guys just ruin it?"

Medium well: "Medium well."

Medium: "Medium."

Medium rare: "Medium rare"

Rare: "Just tease it on the grill."

Blue rare: "Just beat mine over the head with a shovel."

Tweedy

Noob
It just comes down to weird ideas about the color of better made steaks, really. No one really prefers well done over the other normal options.

I voted for medium rare, but really all options are cool besides well done.

Salt, pepper, garlic, butter and some rosemary or Thyme. Though I've seen some just use salt and pepper and it turns out good.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I go medium if I've never been there. That way there is wiggle room on the level of doneness and I'm always happy. I like them cooked all kinds of ways personally, depends on my mood. But generally I like a medium rare to medium. As long as there is still color in middle.

In all honestly well done is the hardest to cook properly. They also come out much better with higher quality meat. There is a very fine line between uniform color and moisture and making that shit have the consistency of a boot sole.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
I figure I could say a couple of infuriating things here, so get your guns.

First, if I ate a steak it would be well done. Food should be cooked and rawish meat is just super gross. Second, beef is kind of the lamest of all meats in my opinion. It's really only good for making Pho, and honestly, hamburgers are just OK. I would take pretty much any meat over beef, that is IF I actually still ate meat. I don't see any meat in my fridge, just Tofu.

I'm fairly certain that's the most offensive post I could have made for this thread, and it's all true. Feel free to hate - I am stirring the pot.
Alright. I will feel offended/infuriated as I write this post. (For fun of course)

If you came into MY house, while I'm having a delicious steak/cheeseburger and started spitting this absolute blasphemy. I would ask you to get out of my house and go back to grazing in a field with all the other barn animals.