What's new

Guide The Shazam "Post-Knockdown" Compendium

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Hey fellow Batson fans, below you'll be able to see the start of my data collection that'll tell us what character is capable of doing what wake up attack following hard knockdown by sweep, AC or MB AT. It'll also aim to show what jump in attacks can be used following particular knockdowns on each character both standing and crouching. With this, we'll be able to see what our best options are after knocking down our opponents character in any given situation, helping both us and our competition learn the Shazam match up a lot more quickly.

Below I've started with the first three characters in the select screen, but over time would like to finish this post with info on EVERYONE. At the moment, I'm heading into an exam period and then an overseas holiday so my time is very limited. Please take what I've started as an example, and feel free to gather info on the unexplored characters for me at add to OP at a later date.

Enjoy!

THE SHAZAM, POST KNOCKDOWN COMPENDIUM

For each character, only the wake up attacks which beat certain situations are listed. If a wake up attack for a particular character is not seen below, it is because it can be beaten by both meaty HM grabs and jump ins.

Batman:
No Wake up attack used:

After sweep: j2 will ALWAYS cross up. Meaty HM will hit.
After AC: j2 will hit in front, though you can toggle forward slightly to make it cross up. J3 will also cross up. Meaty HM will hit.
After MB AT: Need to dash forward. J2 will ALWAYS cross up, j3 will whiff. Meaty HM will hit.

Wake ups:

Sky grapple:

Can beat jump ins after AC, rare to beat clean.

Slide Kick:

Beats meaty HM attempt and avoids jump ins.

After a jump, you can dash to follow the slide kick and punish (22, 112, HM, etc)

Super:

Same as slide kick, though you just land behind Batman for the punish.

Flash:
No Wake up attack used:

After sweep: j2 will ALWAYS cross up. J3 cross up range dependant. Meaty HM will hit.
After AC: j2 will hit in front if opponent is standing, though you can toggle forward slightly to make it cross up. It will cross up if opponent is crouching, J3 will hit in front if standing, whiff if crouching. Meaty HM will hit.
After MB AT: Need to dash forward. J2 will ALWAYS cross up, j3 will whiff. Meaty HM will hit.

Wake ups:

Speed dodge:

Avoids meaty HM attempt.

Also avoids j2, but following with 22 or another string will punish.

Lightning Charge:

Beats meaty HM attempt.

Avoids jump in attacks. Cannot be punished after a jump in, though he can also not punish you for trying. Must be blocked and punished if you want to win the exchange.

Lightning Kick:

Beats meaty HM attempt.

After sweep your ji2 will get beaten by auto correct if you try to jump straight away. If you make sure you don’t jump until you see Shazam standing, you can punish the wake up with your ji2, or your ji2 will whiff and you’ll land next to Flash for a punish. Otherwise he’ll either hit you with autocorrect kick, or will be too far from you to punish.

After AC ji2 whiffs, leaving you too far to punish.

After MB AT a ji2 will always punish.

Sonic ground pound:

Avoids meaty HM attempt, but can be punished.

Same situation as lightning kick after sweep. Can also use b2 to punish after whiffed ji2.

Can be punished air to air by ji2 following an AC.

Whiffs ji2 after MB AT. Can be punished with b2.

Flying Uppercut:

Beats meaty HM attempt.

Ji2 whiffs after each hard knockdown, though the uppercut can be punished using b2 if the knockdown was by a sweep or AC.

Super:

Same as Flying uppercut.

Nightwing:
No Wake up attack used:

After sweep: j2 will ALWAYS cross up. J3 cross up hits. Meaty HM will hit.

After AC: j2 will hit in front if opponent is standing, though you can toggle forward slightly to make it cross up. It will cross up if opponent is crouching, J3 will hit in front if standing or crouching. Meaty HM will hit.

Wake ups:

Escrima Fury:

Beats meaty HM attempt.

Punished by ji2, 22 (or other string) after sweep and AC knockdown.

Ji2 after MB AT knockdown is beaten or avoided depending on timing.

Flip Kick:

Avoids meaty HM attempt, though you have to change block direction.

After sweep, ji2 will whiff, but after landing 112 or 22 will hit.

After AC or MB AT, can punish air to air with ji2. If ji2 whiffs, b2 can be used to punish.

Staff Spin:

Beats meaty HM attempt.

Depending on range of sweep and timing of ji2, you will either cross up and avoid the attack, allowing you to 22 punish or the move will autocorrect and you’ll get hit. Best solution is to delay jump, hit them with far sweep, or both.

Punishes ji2 after AC consistently.

Ji2 after MB AT will whiff, though you can either b2 to punish or dash in to punish.

Flying Grayson:

Beats meaty HM attempt.

Avoids all jump ins following knock down. Only way to punish Dick for using this option is to nj2 as he’s waking up.

Super:

Beats meaty HM attempts.

Ji2, 22 takes care of the situation after any knockdown.

This is a great idea! let me know if you want any help with this... the only good thing about batman is the most he can do in the wakeup attack dept is his shitty slide, so if you can get a knockdown on batman you have a huge advantage

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Thanks mate! Any help would be appreciated. I got caught up with exams and stuff and am now on a holiday so won't get to work on this stuff for another month or there abouts...

If you have any info you want to add, just post below or pm me and I can add to OP. :)