What's new

Tech The Scoop! - Mayo presents, Kitana: The Science of Back3

He has B33 string that starts low.

It's only -8 on block, and +8 on hit, hit confirm into Spin also, its a 11 frame start up, two frames faster than Kitana.
I know, maybe it is hitconfirmable but I cant seem to hitconfirm it and Pl said he cant hitconfirm it either. and b33 is something that can be crossed over even if youre at advantage after a poke because the hitbox on it is horrible both in the range and its vertical hitbox. so the b33 is something you need to throw out, and if thats the case, a naked spin would be even better to use if you want to blow pokes up.

same thing with 21 hitconfirm, people keep saying it is hitconfirmable but I dont think it is something you can hitconfirm consistently, thats why I use the 21212 string to hitconfirm, which is very easy to do.

It's only -8 on block, and +8 on hit, hit confirm into Spin also, its a 11 frame start up, two frames faster than Kitana.
btw I do use the b33 string without spin pretty often. if you use 21/24/1121 pressure and end these strings with the jumpkick dive kick, you will make your opponent stay on the ground. so after a 21 on hit(+6) they will have to respect your b33 and not jump and they cant poke either. after being on +8 I will do a crossover jumpkick to continue pressure and if they try to anti crossup you, the jumpkick will beat their d4/d1 and the jumpkick can easily be hitconfirmed into a roll spin combo. once they respect that you can go for a crossover punch and chip them with another 1121 series and make them guess again after this string.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I have used this forever ago and knew that b3 alone combos into everything... but I don't use it enough and I am glad to see this post and video.

I plan to explore this greatly in casuals next week and find some setups.

<3 Mayo ^_^
Im at work thinking of some ghetto setups...I kinda like the idea of b3 into fans. If it hits...dash in mix up. If its blocked is it somewhat safe?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
how is b3 a counterpoke...plz explain....since you couldn't really counter poke a blocked d3 with it....it could only punish a blocked d1.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

The big difference here is that the scoop isn`t something that`s confirmable. You throw it about as an interruption. And if they block it, Cutter is still neutral on block so you`re good. B33 with KL MAY be confirmable, but if you spin and it didn`t hit, you`re dead. If he had a safe special, that would be huge.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
The big difference here is that the scoop isn`t something that`s confirmable. You throw it about as an interruption. And if they block it, Cutter is still neutral on block so you`re good. B33 with KL MAY be confirmable, but if you spin and it didn`t hit, you`re dead. If he had a safe special, that would be huge.
it is confirmable but u gotta have good reflexes to do it, i've hit confirmed subzero's 22 before into ice ball, so if i can do that, i can definitely do b33~spin hitconfirm.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
how is b3 a counterpoke...plz explain....since you couldn't really counter poke a blocked d3 with it....it could only punish a blocked d1.
Not a counterpoke in the sense that you block a poke and then you hit B3, more like if you space it right it`s a way to hit them out of their poke. Especially if you`ve hit them with a D3 and they don`t respect your advantage.

But really, you could use it after you block a D3 or D1. If they try to do another normal that isn`t fast enough to beat out your 13frame B3 after they`ve recovered from being negative after block, B3 nails them. If you block a D1 and they`re -13, and they don`t get their next poke out fast enough, B3 could counter that too. But it`s much harder.

All that aside, the point is that this is her fastest mid, which can combo, and has the range or her D3. People abuse her upclose with crouching attacks because she can`t blow them up till she steps back a bit for her 2 1 or F2 1 because of the slow speed. Here we get the same thing, but its way faster so she doesn`t have to space it so strictly. It`s just not hit confirmable.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Question... In the section about the b3cutter pressure you said that if they jump out, cutter can AA into d1 EXfan. Can an AA cutter be followed with d1EXlift instead? Is it a more or less damaging AA bnb mid screen?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Question... In the section about the b3cutter pressure you said that if they jump out, cutter can AA into d1 EXfan. Can an AA cutter be followed with d1EXlift instead? Is it a more or less damaging AA bnb mid screen?
Midscreen it does 5% more damage. I didn't do the hybrid or corner versions because...I hate trying to do D1 Ex Lift. I can't do it consistently.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Midscreen it does 5% more damage. I didn't do the hybrid or corner versions because...I hate trying to do D1 Ex Lift. I can't do it consistently.

Off of that high of a cutter hit, you probably could get a standing 2 into regular lift and save the meter.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Off of that high of a cutter hit, you probably could get a standing 2 into regular lift and save the meter.
It's waaaaay trickier that you'd think my friend. Especially since an AA B3 Cutter isn't something you're ever trying to do. You're always reacting to recover it. With the high of 2 and it being twice as slow. I couldn't advise using anything other than D1.

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
Never knew the b3 had so much arsenal, though I think I might have to use it for pressure and baiting. The combos used require 1 bar of meter and no high damage. 30% being the most. The Mayo Cutter is going in the bag of tricks right next to the CrazyDominacan string... so good stuff

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Never knew the b3 had so much arsenal, though I think I might have to use it for pressure and baiting. The combos used require 1 bar of meter and no high damage. 30% being the most. The Mayo Cutter is going in the bag of tricks right next to the CrazyDominacan string... so good stuff
The combos give no high damage? B3 EX Fan leads to 45%+.

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
The combos give no high damage? B3 EX Fan leads to 45%+.
Whoops forgot that part. Sorry total spazz moment. Now I guess the next part of my homework is practice the spacung of that d3 into b3 ex fan. If the b3 whiffs will Kit still have the advantage frames?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Whoops forgot that part. Sorry total spazz moment. Now I guess the next part of my homework is practice the spacung of that d3 into b3 ex fan. If the b3 whiffs will Kit still have the advantage frames?
No. D3 on a crouched opponent gives 10 frames. B3 is 13. They will have long recovered before you do.