What's new

The REAL Sonya Match up Chart

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Her instant air Dive Kick that she barely lifts off from the ground interrupts. What is the real threat of Baraka for Sonya? An armored Ex Cartwheel combo launcher, same Mileena's D4, Dive Kick, 7 frame standing 1 jab, 7 frame fast uppercut... a ridiculous character that beats nearly the entire cast. His damage output is heavily dependent in the corner where as she can get nearly 50% midscreen from MS resets and about 60% in the corner. Baraka's projectile is good for trades you can duck it just like Sonya's Pink Rings but you really can't jump over it. Besides no one should ever be jumping in on Baraka or even try to cross up attempt, he has tools for those. Patches are done so no more NRS mistakes buffing stuff, just look at Jax's projectile it got buffed where it shoots fast and recovers fast. Sonya's Pink Ring starts slow but recovers quick, it was like that from the beginning. Same to be said about Baraka's Blade Spark projectile, leave it as it is. Both can be ducked, good for trades.
yep and thats why she wins 6-4, glad u agree

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
6-4 is generous. If were being realistic that MU is 7-3.
i dunno, i really cant see it being as bad as kabal.
i didnt really agree with cage vs baraka being 3-7 on the other chart either,i could see mileena vs cage being 3-7 sure(stupid fucking MU) but baraka i think can handle sonya and cage easier than he can handle kabal