What's new

The REAL Battle Arena - Injustice vs. the MK9 Universe

Would the Injustice or MK9 Universe win the Ultimate Battle?

• Injustice characters would beat the nether out of the MK universe

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • MK all day, Injustice has no answer for NDC's, bf2, and 90% resets

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ok, someone had to make this thread, so here it is:

In a battle between the Injustice Universe (subset of DC) and the Mortal Kombat: 2011 Universe, who would prevail? Would it be the dark, mystical forces or the Nether and Earth realms, or the heroic and anti-heroic justice of the DC comics universe? What are the best and worse matchups for either side?

Only you can decide.

Edit: Actually I can decide too, but I haven't decided yet, so I'm going to save my vote until I figure it out.

Edit2: GamerBlake is free.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Really?

Worst matchups: (insert DC hero) vs the entire MK universe

The more-schemer-than-fighter types like Joker and Harley would prob get bodied. Catwoman would have some trouble if Bats isn't helping her. DC heroes are too OP though

Tolkeen

/wrists
Ok, someone had to make this thread, so here it is:

In a battle between the Injustice Universe (subset of DC) and the Mortal Kombat: 2011 Universe, who would prevail? Would it be the dark, mystical forces or the Nether and Earth realms, or the heroic and anti-heroic justice of the DC comics universe? What are the best and worse matchups for either side?

Only you can decide.

Edit: Actually I can decide too, but I haven't decided yet, so I'm going to save my vote until I figure it out.

Edit2: GamerBlake is free.
I'm gonna have to go with Injustice, but solely because Guamo proved to me that Superman is not as "FREE" to magic as I had originally assumed.

The DC characters that would be in trouble:
GL - WTF can't deal with yellow? Oh hey Scorpion....SPEARED.
Cyborg - Jax with a cannon, do you know who beats Jax? Half the mk cast.
NW - second generation urban ninja... VS any of the ninjas in the MK cast.

DC characters that would cause trouble:
GA - He's the person you pick when you only get one shot, so Cyrax is dead because against Cyrax you only get 1 shot.
Flash - He's faster than Kabal by far, and he can just run around the world to get through zoning.
Superman - Duh....He punches people into space.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
DC has Batman nuff said.
Man... Everyone is downplaying the MK universe.

If it really came down to it, Shang Tsung could soul-steal Batman and use a damage-boosted version of his own abilities against himself. Plus, there has to be at least one MK character that batman would be free to :)

Batman uses the hurt and anger of his past in order to fuel his quest for Justice -- how good a fighter will he be with no soul?

Courtney

Burn in my Light
80% of the Roster(Supes, GL, Flash, Shazam, WW ect) could OCV the MK universe, this fight is fuhreeeeeeee for DC

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
80% of the Roster(Supes, GL, Flash, Shazam, WW ect) could OCV the MK universe, this fight is fuhreeeeeeee for DC
Yeah, but remember this is the Injustice universe, where Harley Quinn can go toe to toe with superman.. And the MK9 universe has dash cancels, 90% resets, and bf2.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Yeah, but remember this is the Injustice universe, where Harley Quinn can go toe to toe with superman.. And the MK9 universe has dash cancels, 90% resets, and bf2.
Minus whatever makes Harley able to go toe to toe with Supes if its just baseline DC vs baseline MK its a very one sided war

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Minus whatever makes Harley able to go toe to toe with Supes if its just baseline DC vs baseline MK its a very one sided war
Specifically Injustice: God's Among Us vs. Mortal Kombat 9.

Because yeah, if the games had to be completely accurate to DC powers, it wouldn't make sense to have Joker and Superman in the same game.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
The Flash, Doomsday, WW, Shazam, GL, Sinestro and Black Adam could all probably beat most of the MK9 cast quite handily, with the exception of perhaps Raiden.

"But, but, where's my Superman?" A huge number of MK characters use magic, rendering Superman relatively weak.

Harley, Catwoman and Joker would get trampled. Batman, Deathstroke, Bane, and Nightwing could probably beat some of the weaker of the MK cast (Special forces/Black Dragon members, could see them match up with the cyborgs and tarkatans).
Hawkwoman, Grundy, Aquaman and Cyborg would be some real toss-ups with a very large portion of the MK cast.

At least, that's how I sees it.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Tolkeen I'm gonna have to go with Injustice, but solely because Guamo proved to me that Superman is not as "FREE" to magic as I had originally assumed.

The DC characters that would be in trouble:
GL - WTF can't deal with yellow? Oh hey Scorpion....SPEARED.
That yellow weakness has been retconned for over 30 years
Cyborg - Jax with a cannon, do you know who beats Jax? Half the mk cast.
In the MK universe, Jax is the world's strongest man. Cyborg beats Jax in the technology department however.
NW - second generation urban ninja... VS any of the ninjas in the MK cast.
All the Ninjas in MK have supernatural powers. Unless we are talking about the female ninjas, Nightwing isn't getting anywhere near them. But Nightwing has plot armor.

DC characters that would cause trouble:
GA - He's the person you pick when you only get one shot, so Cyrax is dead because against Cyrax you only get 1 shot.
Green Arrow is only as good as the tools he has. Cyrax can aim with computers and isht and can blow up the world.
Flash - He's faster than Kabal by far, and he can just run around the world to get through zoning.
Flash 10-0s everything
Superman - Duh....He punches people into space
Superman 11- -1's everyone.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I think Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn are the most probable to kick some DC ass. As IceNine said, Shang uses magic, plus sorcery. Also, Kahn can be very powerful.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
"But, but, where's my Superman?" A huge number of MK characters use magic, rendering Superman relatively weak.
Superman isn't weak to magic he's just not invulnerable to its not like kryptonite and between redic op strength, insane speed, laser eyes and freeze breath, I don't see anyone on team MK giving him problems

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Out of the Playable MK9 cast, Raiden and Liu Kang are way past everyone else in terms of power. But against dc guys, I don't that'd matter much. But Raiden could MKD someone like Black Adam SHAZAM'D Green Lantern in DCUO.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Out of the Playable MK9 cast, Raiden and Liu Kang are way past everyone else in terms of power. But against dc guys, I don't that'd matter much. But Raiden could MKD someone like Black Adam SHAZAM'D Green Lantern in DCUO.
I think Shang and Shao Kahn are pretty OP as well. Shang's abilities would be especially useful in this battle, as he can both shapeshift to confuse people and absorb souls and powers. Also, he's wise, crafty, and has been around a really, really long time.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I think Shang and Shao Kahn are pretty OP as well. Shang's abilities would be especially useful in this battle, as he can both shapeshift to confuse people and absorb souls and powers. Also, he's wise, crafty, and has been around a really, really long time.
I think if it got down to Soul Stealing, Kahn would outmatch Shang since the former was the one who taught him. yeah, they're strong, and Kahn is a ruthless conqueror, so I can see a lot of the lesser powered guys falling easily.

Enenra

Go to hell.
The non-neutered (MK9) version of Scorpion would body some mother fuckers. He is vengeance and death incarnate, he is fire and hatred unlike anything anyone but Superman would have encountered. Any non-God DC heroes would get boned by a Scorpion that isn't on crutches for fear of being OP. His physical form is the only one capable of death as well, he can keep coming back angrier and badder than before. Quit downplaying

The only DC heroes that could hang with him are one like Superman and Wonder Woman. And those two would probably be fighting Raiden and Kahn anyways.

Get your elbow blown out

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
Scorpion can drag people into the Netherrealm, right? And I remember hearing that being in the Netherrealm weakens people from other realms (while at the same time strengthening those who are from the Netherrealm, like Scorpion). If that's true, I could see Scorpion dragging a DC character to hell and then taking advantage of them there. In fact, couldn't he just drag them into the Netherrealm and then leave, leaving them stranded there? I know it wouldn't work on everybody, but I think it could even things out against a few of the upper-mid level Injustice characters.

Even so, I still think DC wins overall.