What's new

The Ray is getting his own CW series...will he be in Injustice 2?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I know I'm a broken record by now but you had to expect this from me right?

The Ray is getting an animated series on The CW. He is now being rebooted as a gay superhero and Grant Morrison's work is the creative force behind the character's retelling on this show. This is the FIRST gay superhero animated lead ever to date. Its honestly a good direction to reboot the character with. He never was developed as a hero in many areas and its a very strong dynamic that I feel works for him.

Is it enough? Might finally get to see The Ray in Injustice ?

Some of you remember the petition I put up for The Ray during Injustice 1 .

https://testyourmight.com/threads/the-ray-petition-thread-why-i-keep-mentioning-this-guy.24809/

Now I'm back hoping he makes it into Injustice 2 to celebrate his new show and position in the DC rebooted mythos. I've been a fan of the character since the 90s. I cosplayed him here. I've had the avatar for years. My main reasons for the character are simple.

• He has absolute mastery of energy and light. Meaning he can create red sunlight at will and act as the PERFECT jailor for Superman
  • he can channel energy into strikes. He once one shotted Superboy with a punch. He thought he even had killed him.
  • light speed
  • Invisibility/illusions
  • energy fields like force fields or hard light constructs similar to Green Lantern
  • energy form. This form heals him, and allows him to travel without need to breathe like in space or through water.
  • energy absorption and projection. Lasers, fiery DBZ like energy aura, sucks up light for fuel, has impersonated a star to lure away the Sun eater, etc
  • flight
Basically you get this guy in Injustice 2 you get flashy energy all over (more so than even Raiden), a speedy dude with good air mobility potential, potential healing, potenial shields, and even the potential to have someone in the cast who can absorb projectiles to strengthen their own. Likely a zoning dream with dash up power shots or a gimmick that lets him power up and spend energy to beef up various tools.

A ton of ways to work this character and a lot of story potential for him as well.

Waddya say TYM...think my boy finally has a shot at getting into the Injustice games? Would you be interested in him? I know I would!

EDIT: Oooh looks like Steve Orlando from Midnighter is working on the animated series scripts. This is shaping up really well :D

Last edited:

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Figured it was valid to bring up. Kung Jin was a major thing for fighting games with his backstory. Not enough gay fighting game characters out there and now a major bit of work is going into making an animated gay superhero that DC owns the rights to.

Just felt like since its NRS it may just be a dude to look forward to if we're lucky and a good time to gauge interest.

Besides I'm pumped and can't hide my hype if I tried. I love this character and really hope to see him take off out there. No way was I not gonna mention this happening and its potential to get him included in Injustice 2. Green Arrow was announced on the launch of his show for CW. The Ray might get the same too. Hell Vixen even has a series there now and could also be included at this rate.

EDIT: Oh wow. Ray's also getting an animated movie and in January will begin a new series in Justice league of America starring with Vixen and The Atom right after each get their own miniseries to lead up to it!

This might be a strong indicator of Vixen, Ray and Atom at this rate. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: cfw

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
This game needs more Black people. Just saying. I'd take SHO NUFF, Static, Or even Biden

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Maybe he'll make it as a DLC or possibly in Injustice 3 lol He's at the beginning of getting a big push it seems, so I don't see him getting into Injustice 2 just yet