What's new

The Raijin Buff Thread

Ok lets do this. i'm against premature judgements, but i have played around a thousand matches with each raijin and thunder wave now. the tendency is clear: id say i win 2/3 of my matches with thunder wave, but only 1/3 with raijin. the reason for that difference is also clear: raijins low damage output/lacking combo potential. even though discharge is a ridiculously good move, it doesnt quite make up for that, at least not against the top tiers.

i suggest the following buffs:

make db4Amp a little launcher, so that he can get electric flight midscreen and a juggle in the corner from it.
give df2 an anti-air hitbox.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
Yeah I swear db4 looks like it should launch when amplified. Really annoying it doesn’t.

I also think raiden tele should be a default move for both varistions

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yeah I swear db4 looks like it should launch when amplified. Really annoying it doesn’t.

I also think raiden tele should be a default move for both varistions
Not commenting on how good he is just sharing my perspective.

I don't think they want you to have the zoning capabilities of low current while having teleport. One thing I noticed in my time with Thunder Wave is that his zoning is super honest unless you have teleport shenanigans going on. Low current zoning with teleport might not be how they are envisioning this character competitively.

And Raijen has shades of Crystalline Tremor with Discharge, I think it will take people a long time to really optimize the usage of that move. Just something to keep in mind.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
Not commenting on how good he is just sharing my perspective.

I don't think they want you to have the zoning capabilities of low current while having teleport. One thing I noticed in my time with Thunder Wave is that his zoning is super honest unless you have teleport shenanigans going on. Low current zoning with teleport might not be how they are envisioning this character competitively.

And Raijen has shades of Crystalline Tremor with Discharge, I think it will take people a long time to really optimize the usage of that move. Just something to keep in mind.
Yeah for sure that makes since since Raiden’s tele is one of the best in the game. I do hope that Raijin gets a launcher though

SLy

Noob
Raijin just needs a better proximity. If that is fixed then i would feel better about trading in storm cell. Everything else is fine.

I understand why db4 was toned down. It makes sense. But then why the pop up if we cannot take advantage of it? If anything i’ll trade the pop up for more hit advantage while knocking the opponent back instead. Having them floating knowing nothing can be done is a tease lol. It does come across as annoying

f24

Don't F*** with a God
They I’d put discharge and maybe rolling thunder into the 2 slots freed up from spark port and Raiden becomes extremely extremely good
Rolling Thunder needs to be reworked imo - I think you should be able to meter burn it to stay stationary to be used in set ups. Imagine if Raiden had Erron’s acid vial, Raijin would instantly become top tier lol.