Viable kotal pressure?

• Yes

• No

• Too many holes

Results are only viewable after voting.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Frame trap?
So I'm in the lab and I been practicing b1, 114, air grab, b14, sunstone/sword toss, f4, and I was wondering is this a viable kotal strategy for pressure? B1 being -2 and such a great stagger works well with 114, air grab leaving us at +4 so our 9f b1 should be good afterwards? If it is then b14 sub stone would leave us at +15.. So f4 would have a 6f gap? So either they have to lose a bar or take the + frames that come next. If they take the frames then we are +9 so our b1, d4, are in perfect range either use b1 for more stagger pressure or d4 if they aren't expecting a low or to check them. So if this viable?

omooba

fear the moobs
i thought this thread was about if kotal has viable pressure not about a specific rotation lol.
that said if you've conditioned your opponent anything can be viable including
d1 into shimmy into d1 into shimmy shimmy t-bag shimmy shimmy into d1

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
i thought this thread was about if kotal has viable pressure not about a specific rotation lol.
that said if you've conditioned your opponent anything can be viable including
d1 into shimmy into d1 into shimmy shimmy t-bag shimmy shimmy into d1
I was giving a example then asking if y'all thought it was viable.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
b14 pizza is not viable. they can easily poke, if you wanna do sunstone pressure do it after b122 where the gap is smaller. or if you want guaranteed plus frames 114 pizza has no gap

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
b14 pizza is not viable. they can easily poke, if you wanna do sunstone pressure do it after b122 where the gap is smaller. or if you want guaranteed plus frames 114 pizza has no gap
114 regular pizza does have a gap, dafuq? You can't poke, but you can armour or any slide special will get under it meterless.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Nope I just tested it. It's gapless
Ex sunstone doesn't. The regular one does.

ex pizza*

i assumed u assumed it was ex pizza, cuz who tf uses normal pizza on block?
I've seen TekkenMaster do it quite a bit.

Tbh, it's a sort of viable frametrap against characters who don't have a way around it without meter. It's a little tricky to backdash, as well.

Generalbit

Ex sunstone doesn't. The regular one does.

I've seen TekkenMaster do it quite a bit.

Tbh, it's a sort of viable frametrap against characters who don't have a way around it without meter. It's a little tricky to backdash, as well.
It's 100% gimmick. And its only +5, so not that useful

Generalbit

Only +5 with that b1 kotal has? lol thats too much
i meant why go for something that's so easy to blow up on block? when you could just do 114 air grab or ex pizza. if it's that easy to block, something should jail off it.

on a side note, I'm of the mind that meter less sword throw should be more plus than ex. if you are dumb enough to get hit by it on block, you should get fucked by plus frames... 57 startup damn move lol

i meant why go for something that's so easy to blow up on block? when you could just do 114 air grab or ex pizza. if it's that easy to block, something should jail off it.

on a side note, I'm of the mind that meter less sword throw should be more plus than ex. if you are dumb enough to get hit by it on block, you should get fucked by plus frames... 57 startup damn move lol
I get your point how nobody should ever get hit by the move but i was just saying +5 is still a big deal