What's new

Tech The Power of UPBACK

Jumping backwards with General Zod is one of the best things you can do.

When you jump back you have many options depending on what your opponent decides to do:

1: If your opponent tries to advance on you you can react to any movement with Zod Charge.

2: If your opponent sits there you can Kryptonian Rifle before you reach the ground and set up a situation they have to deal with.

To further the mind games you can always jump back and do nothing, or jump back and Kryptonian Rifle (MB or regular) to stall higher in the air in order to avoid attacks like (like KF's slide or GA's turbine) or simply to confuse your opponent.

I truly believe Zod is meant to take advantage of a player's over-aggressiveness or their unwillingness to act at all and jumping back is a great tool to give yourself the time to react to what your opponent decides to do.

It's one avenue to use, just don't let it dominate your everything. Gotta mix it up with other movement to avoid predictability beyond just air AZC, AKR, Upback nothing.

Utilizing AZC as a punish tool is one hell of a powerful thing he has though, I wubs it. Getting it to work fast enough even online has me very eager to finally get some offline sessions with the man :3

Be careful with that strategy. I once played a Grundy player where jumping back and Wing-Dinging him worked wonders. The next set I jumped myself right into a corner and he bodied me.
That's not that much of a risk with Zod, our 1f aircharge does a side switch. Predictability is just a concern in general to watch out for.

Marcus

Mortal Kombat Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Utilizing AZC as a punish tool is one hell of a powerful thing he has though, I wubs it. Getting it to work fast enough even online has me very eager to finally get some offline sessions with the man :3

Damn right! Ive been using Zod offline (I dont play online anyway) and the AZC is one hell of a beautiful thing. If I see them about to dash when i jump back.. boom! AZC. I love it.

Damn right! Ive been using Zod offline (I dont play online anyway) and the AZC is one hell of a beautiful thing. If I see them about to dash when i jump back.. boom! AZC. I love it.

Zod is man determined to do what Supes does, but better, but fails to pay attention to other details in his hubris(very in character)
He has a 1f super you say? Then I shall have a 1f special!
His super is listed incorrectly in the data you say? Then so shall mine be! But mine will be higher!
He has an F23 launcher you say? Then mine shall be b23! Random minion: But Sir, his has only an 8*ZAPPED*
Cold breath as a Special? I shall have it as a string! and it will hit Low!

The son of Jor'El will kneel!

Me: Dammit Zod, that 20f startup and it doesn't even*GLARE* never mind I'll be quiet and just have fun punishing with AZC, its cool.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
I just got out of the habit of up back since this is my first game without chicken blocking. Up back only works if you have good spacing, it's really easy to stuff a panicked up back. Still useful, but solid blocking is often more reliable.

I think some of you are misunderstanding...

Zod doesn't have any one thing he can spam and be great nor does any character in this game regardless of what people might think of F23 breath KF Slide etc.

It's just another option to be mindful of. Of course you have to be spaced properly to do it and jumping backwards the whole match like a tard isn't gonna win you any matches.

All I'm saying is a lot of good things can come from jumping back with Zod, play around with it.