What's new

The portrayal of LGBTQ characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
And this is where the argument dies down, when the one who's losing resorts to physical intimidation. Any credibility you had as an intellectual just went down the drain with that. Wasnt much in the first place but there it goes.

And im not a troll. You cant just brand me some internet slang term cause you disagree with me. A troll is someone who instigates and causes arguments with the entire message board...this thread was going nicely until you stepped in with your derogatory, deliberately insulting posts.

Look, if you want to leave so bad....dont respond. Just dont. Your absence wont be missed, i promise.
No, I'm just a very strong person in every aspect. I don't have to choose which one I want to be because I'M ALL THAT. LMAO Like I said, i didn't make the thread....I just posted what ALOT of other people feel, but were probably smart enough NOT to post cuz they knew they'd be stuck in an endless argument w/ a bunch of weirdos and freaks of nature.
Does this happen to you often, or do you just have recurring nightmares about said scenario?
I don't but when you actually sit there and think about it, wouldn't it scar you for life? Saying that would never happen or HAS never happened is just naive. I'm sure it has, but the concept of it happening to YOU is quite disturbing.....unless you like that type of shit LMAO
You know, I've thought about this scenario, it'd admittedly be my own fault...she/he would probably have a boner that would be pretty evident through their clothing. I dunno, I mean he technically used to be a chick though right? And from everything I've seen (yes, I used to get bored and look up weird shit on the internet) trannies wangs are no way near that big. I mean, it's not like she'd have functioning ejaculations and so forth. I dunno man, I'd probably be down for a BJ. Probably keep it on the DL though.

Gotta open up! #YOLO
Dude, you're fucked up. That's fucking gross.

@ AREZ God of War - Ignoring the whole 'playing God' argument (because that's been discussed already), I think the most hurtful thing you said was about how you'd 'beat the shit' out of a transsexual if they 'tricked' you. That shows a lot of contempt for transsexual people that I fear could lead to physical abuse (and there's far too much of that already)

In all seriousness, I think that you just need to read up on these matters a bit more. If after all that, you still feel the way that you do now, then I guess I've done all that I could. But if you do hold prejudices against people, you still shouldn't let that affect how you treat them as a person. It's the same logic behind people who disagree with same-sex marriage - they can disagree all they want as far as I care, just so long as they don't try and prevent other same-sex couples from getting married.

And seriously - if you found yourself deeply in love with a girl, she was literally everything you could ever want in a person and she was genuinely perfect for you, would you really care if she told you she was a transsexual? Why should it make any difference?

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
LMAO. Ok...but check this out....what if U got so drunk your vision was kinda shitty and some chick who used to be a dude had you buying her/him drinks all night then wanted to go back to the hotel with you and you get there and she whips out a 10 inch pack of MEAT??? Yea, I think you along with alot of other people would be scarred for life after you got done running your get-away-Marathon and thought about it. Don't lie. Who WOULDN'T be freaked out by something like that???!!!
That's my fetish.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
@ AREZ God of War - Ignoring the whole 'playing God' argument (because that's been discussed already), I think the most hurtful thing you said was about how you'd 'beat the shit' out of a transsexual if they 'tricked' you. That shows a lot of contempt for transsexual people that I fear could lead to physical abuse (and there's far too much of that already)
I can't believe you're actually attempting to justify this. At this point I don't really care if you found it hurtful, because you haven't even CONSIDERED how hurtful the experience would have been to ME. Dude, I'll be perfectly honest with....if a tranny attempted to do something dishonest and unethical as that, they'd DESERVE a beat-down and anyone who administered it would be the ones who where justified. YOU might react differently cuz that type of shit may turn you on and get you hot, but to a straight guy who has no desire to "be in touch with his feminine side" like me, it's down-right offensive. It's a fucking violation, man.

TBH, I don't think I could bring myself to punch someone who is a girl (now) but at the same time in my head I'd be like "Go ahead, hit him, he's actually a guy anyway" cuz he/she WAS a guy before. Why are you people so surprised to see people use anger and violence against unacceptable acts from others? When I was growing up people got their ass-whooped for alot less and judging by how many punk, bitches and pussies I see these days, the tightening of the law around fighting was detrimental to us having a weaker, more docile, timid society. Just look at how you people talk on the internet.....do you have any clue who "you" even talk shit to? You could be talking to a Mob Boss or someone highly dangerous, but you'd never know cuz it's the internet.

People already get away with WAY too much when they'd normally have gotten into a fight over it either a.) in other parts of the world/country or b.) if this was a mere 10 years ago, or more. Society has become weak and decadent in the law's loopholes and they seem to think they can do what they want to whomever they want and get away with it....and it's made THIS country an even bigger POS than it was before. Men are not supposed to be feminine, that why they are fucking called "MEN". People need to toughen up and stop being little pussies. You people talk down to anger and violence soooooo much, even raging over a game - but you wouldn't EXIST in this country and have the rights and "freedom" we have without war, violence, anger, and the men and women that died to give this to us all. Learn to embrace the anger, it can be your friend. Shunning it makes you weak.

And seriously - if you found yourself deeply in love with a girl, she was literally everything you could ever want in a person and she was genuinely perfect for you, would you really care if she told you she was a transsexual? Why should it make any difference?
1st of all, yes it would make a difference and I would feel horribly betrayed and manipulated, (much like I have been made to feel manipulated in this thread) ....dude, I don't even like girls with a little peach-fuzz moustache!!!! 2nd of all that wouldn't happen because I am incapable of loving anyone. Love requires a heart, which is something I don't have the luxury of having and 3rd, I'm very educated on the matter and I don't to "read up a bit more"....the very thought of it makes me borderline close to vomiting

I can't believe you're actually attempting to justify this. At this point I don't really care if you found it hurtful, because you haven't even CONSIDERED how hurtful the experience would have been to ME. Dude, I'll be perfectly honest with....if a tranny attempted to do something dishonest and unethical as that, they'd DESERVE a beat-down and anyone who administered it would be the ones who where justified.
Never use the word 'tranny' - most transgendered people find it highly offensive.

YOU might react differently cuz that type of shit may turn you on and get you hot, but to a straight guy who has no desire to "be in touch with his feminine side" like me, it's down-right offensive. It's a fucking violation, man.
In touch with his feminine side? How so?

TBH, I don't think I could bring myself to punch someone who is a girl (now) but at the same time in my head I'd be like "Go ahead, hit him, he's actually a guy anyway" cuz he/she WAS a guy before. Why are you people so surprised to see people use anger and violence against unacceptable acts from others? When I was growing up people got their ass-whooped for alot less and judging by how many punk, bitches and pussies I see these days, the tightening of the law around fighting was detrimental to us having a weaker, more docile, timid society. Just look at how you people talk on the internet.....do you have any clue who "you" even talk shit to? You could be talking to a Mob Boss or someone highly dangerous, but you'd never know cuz it's the internet.
Violence is indeed justifiable under certain circumstances. Finding out that someone you're dating is transsexual does not qualify.

Think of it this way - from the way you convey the situation, you're implying that someone has the duty to tell you about the fact that they're transgender, and if they fail to do so they're being 'unethical'. Indeed, some trans people DO decide to tell their partners early in the relationship. But that doesn't mean that they have an obligation to do so. The same way finding out that someone's trans doesn't give people the right to ask "How do you have sex? Do you still have a dick? etc."

Men are not supposed to be feminine, that why they are fucking called "MEN". People need to toughen up and stop being little pussies. You people talk down to anger and violence soooooo much, even raging over a game - but you wouldn't EXIST in this country and have the rights and "freedom" we have without war, violence, anger, and the men and women that died to give this to us all. Learn to embrace the anger, it can be your friend. Shunning it makes you weak.
What constitutes as 'feminine' is subjective, and varies greatly throughout cultures.

And indeed, the opportunity to gain rights and freedom is a justifiable reason to use violence. That in no way compares to beating up a transsexual who 'deceived' or 'betrayed' you.

1st of all, yes it would make a difference and I would feel horribly betrayed and manipulated, (much like I have been made to feel manipulated in this thread) ....dude, I don't even like girls with a little peach-fuzz moustache!!!! 2nd of all that wouldn't happen because I am incapable of loving anyone. Love requires a heart, which is something I don't have the luxury of having and 3rd, I'm very educated on the matter and I don't to "read up a bit more"....the very thought of it makes me borderline close to vomiting
I notice that this whole time you continuously refer to trans women. Out of interest, would the same logic, reversed, also apply to trans men i.e. if a woman found out that her boyfriend was trans and he hadn't told her, would that give her a right to beat him up?

eks

Noob
No it doesn't. It shows that he's unwilling to accept a HUGE level of disrespect from someone who violated his trust in a major way. If straight people are gonna respect transsexuals' rights to live how the do, then transsexuals need to have respect for the rights of straight people to know if they're about to become intimate with someone who's not what they appear to be.

In fact, I think there should be some sort of legal ramifications if/when a transsexual violates this boundary since you know the legal system doesn't like us taking the law into our own hands.

In all seriousness, I think that you just need to read up on these matters a bit more. If after all that, you still feel the way that you do now, then I guess I've done all that I could. But if you do hold prejudices against people, you still shouldn't let that affect how you treat them as a person. It's the same logic behind people who disagree with same-sex marriage - they can disagree all they want as far as I care, just so long as they don't try and prevent other same-sex couples from getting married.
He's not talking about beating up transsexuals just because they're transexuals. He's talking about beating up an INDIVIDUAL who's violated his boundaries and his trust. That's not prejudice; that's called self-defense.

Perhaps because the entirety of their relationship was based on a complete lie which made it so he couldn't trust (and thereby love) her? At the end of the day, "she" wouldn't have "everything he could ever want" because he wants a genuine female, not a guy with tits in a dress.

Seriously, for people who are so fixated on sexuality and gender, you guys seriously misunderstand how straight people feel about these topics.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Never use the word 'tranny' - most transgendered people find it highly offensive.
I don't care. Not my problem. Blame society, not me.

In touch with his feminine side? How so?
I don't even understand the question. You need to word it properly or better or whatever you're getting at.

Violence is indeed justifiable under certain circumstances. Finding out that someone you're dating is transsexual does not qualify.
That's your opinion. Many people may think differently.

Think of it this way - from the way you convey the situation, you're implying that someone has the duty to tell you about the fact that they're transgender, and if they fail to do so they're being 'unethical'. Indeed, some trans people DO decide to tell their partners early in the relationship. But that doesn't mean that they have an obligation to do so. The same way finding out that someone's trans doesn't give people the right to ask "How do you have sex? Do you still have a dick? etc."
No, they DO have an obligation to tell their significant other or they can suffer the consequences. Those are BOTH questions you would OBVIOUSLY want to know if you're in a fucking relationship with someone. How warped is your perception of reality? Do you even live on this fucking PLANET? You sound like a fuckin' Martian, Bro. it sounds to me like you don't know how to have a healthy honest relationship with ANYONE, male, female, both, or w/e. That's called "LYING" and it constitutes a messy breakup to say the LEAST.

What constitutes as 'feminine' is subjective, and varies greatly throughout cultures.
What fucking country are we in, Genius? No, not you.....where is Mortal Kombat made and where is this website based out of? You're just reaching, man.....reaching for anything you can grab.

And indeed, the opportunity to gain rights and freedom is a justifiable reason to use violence. That in no way compares to beating up a transsexual who 'deceived' or 'betrayed' you.
That's your opinion. I don't give a flying fuck who it is, if you lie to me, deceive me, betray, manipulate, steal, etc to ME, I get a deep-rooted hatred for people like that and everytime I see that person, I'm going to want to fight them. What the fuck gives you the right to do that to me? This is MY life, I am in control of it and FUCK what you think, I don't allow people to treat me like that. You will be honest, respectful, decent, truthful, loyal in my presence or you won't exist to me. You can do what you want when I turn my back like the rest of the little pussies, cuz you seem like that type of person anyway with your warped sense of reality. I don't request it, I don't suggest it I don't recommend it - I fucking DEMAND it.

I notice that this whole time you continuously refer to trans women. Out of interest, would the same logic, reversed, also apply to trans men i.e. if a woman found out that her boyfriend was trans and he hadn't told her, would that give her a right to beat him up?
Yes. I say kick his ass, Girlfriend!!! That's ALL women need right now - more lies, cheating and manipulation. Wonderful idea, You idiot. *sarcasm*

Ok, let's take a concensus: Who here is surprised that the GOD OF WAR supports the use of violence in "some" situations? Imagine the irony in that.

No it doesn't. It shows that he's unwilling to accept a HUGE level of disrespect from someone who violated his trust in a major way. If straight people are gonna respect transsexuals' rights to live how the do, then transsexuals need to have respect for the rights of straight people to know if they're about to become intimate with someone who's not what they appear to be.

In fact, I think there should be some sort of legal ramifications if/when a transsexual violates this boundary since you know the legal system doesn't like us taking the law into our own hands.

He's not talking about beating up transsexuals just because they're transexuals. He's talking about beating up an INDIVIDUAL who's violated his boundaries and his trust. That's not prejudice; that's called self-defense.

Perhaps because the entirety of their relationship was based on a complete lie which made it so he couldn't trust (and thereby love) her? At the end of the day, "she" wouldn't have "everything he could ever want" because he wants a genuine female, not a guy with tits in a dress.

Seriously, for people who are so fixated on sexuality and gender, you guys seriously misunderstand how straight people feel about these topics.

You are my new best friend. LOL!!! FINALLY someone in this thread that's "NORMAL" and has some common sense.

eks

Noob
If you're gonna live such an unconventional lifestyle, you have to grow a backbone and not be so sensitive over mere words.

It really depends on how far this "dating" has gone. For me, if you're gonna do anything more than hold someone's hand, then you should stop and tell them that you've have a penis/vagina even though you dress like you have a vagina/penis (respectively).

Yes, you do have an obligation to tell your partners that you have a dick/vagina. If being a transsexual is such a simple thing, then why is telling your partner such a big deal?

That last sentence is just stupid. I have the right to say/ask whatever I want. You have the right to ignore me, too. I also don't see how that has anything to do with this topic, either.

Violence may not be the answer, but how are straight people supposed to protect themselves from transsexuals when they violate the very fabric of their relationship with their sexual partners?

I see no reason that a woman shouldn't have the right to react the same way a guy would, but generally speaking, women aren't violent, so the same type of reaction isn't likely.

Again, I think there should be some legal ramifications when transsexuals fail to be upfront with their partners.

It's clear that I'm not going to change either of your minds on the issue, so I may as well stop trying. I've done what I can. But at least promise me this - if you do hypothetically have a girlfriend and you find out she's transgender, and you're unable to cope with that, then ending the relationship then and there is probably the best response, rather than physical violence.

As long as you don't actively perpetrate discrimination against transgenders, then I suppose that's the best I could reasonably ask for.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Let me put it this way:

If I was about to hook up with a guy, and found out that he used to be a woman, I would be turned off. Would I beat the shit out of him? ABSOLUTELY not. I would just say "sorry, I'm not really comfortable with this" and leave. This is a person expressing how they feel, and you have no right to degrade them for it even if you didn't know it at first, much less physically harm them. It's completely sickening to think that anyone would find it "right" and "normal" to want to attack someone in a situation like this. Transphobic violence is a widespread phenomenon, and it must be stopped. Think about what you're doing to THEIR lives before you worry about your own dick.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
There are people in this world that are okay with transexuals, even to date them so I'd imagine someone who is transexual wouldn't be going around trying to hook up with someone who has a fear of the transgendered or isn't comfortable with it.

I mean let's be honest, as a gay guy, I don't seek out dudes that hate gays because it wouldn't make sense, so I'd imagine a transexual wouldn't do that either logically speaking, they'd go for someone who accepted their differences.

Transgendered people are the targets of violence for just existing and harming nobody, I sincerely doubt they're prowling the streets looking for fearful men/women to trick.

There are people in this world that are okay with transexuals, even to date them so I'd imagine someone who is transexual wouldn't be going around trying to hook up with someone who has a fear of the transgendered or isn't comfortable with it.

I mean let's be honest, as a gay guy, I don't seek out dudes that hate gays because it wouldn't make sense, so I'd imagine a transexual wouldn't do that either logically speaking, they'd go for someone who accepted their differences and loved them.
True, but they wouldn't realise that someone was transphobic straight away. Not many people are stupid enough to go around saying "I hate trannies!" or some other slur.

Let me put it this way:

If I was about to hook up with a guy, and found out that he used to be a woman, I would be turned off. Would I beat the shit out of him? ABSOLUTELY not. I would just say "sorry, I'm not really comfortable with this" and leave. This is a person expressing how they feel, and you have no right to degrade them for it even if you didn't know it at first, much less physically harm them. It's completely sickening to think that anyone would find it "right" and "normal" to want to attack someone in a situation like this. Transphobic violence is a widespread phenomenon, and it must be stopped. Think about what you're doing to THEIR lives before you worry about your own dick.
Thank you. Being turned off isn't an unreasonable reaction - resorting to physical violence over it absolutely is.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
Very interesting post and debate so far, proceeding it. Its odd seeing people talk about this in a mature manner. +1 to humanity.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Let me put it this way:

But it's THEIR FAULT for lying in the 1st place. WTf is wrong you people and your twisted little train of thoughts? It wouldn't change REGARDLESS of the sex/gender/race/color/creed. You lie to me, I just wanna kick your ass for it. It's THAT SIMPLE. What? You think trannys should be EXEMPT from the rule?

Also, you're gay so no one would EXPECT you to react like a straight man would in that situation because it's dualy noted that NUMEROUS (but not all) gay men think IDENTICALLY to women and thus are not violent in the 1st place...I don't think I have EVER seen a masculine gay man in my life with raging testosterone and the like.

That was a very poor example and a totally different situation between 2 VERY different personas.

It's clear that I'm not going to change either of your minds on the issue, so I may as well stop trying. I've done what I can. But at least promise me this - if you do hypothetically have a girlfriend and you find out she's transgender, and you're unable to cope with that, then ending the relationship then and there is probably the best response, rather than physical violence.

As long as you don't actively perpetrate discrimination against transgenders, then I suppose that's the best I could reasonably ask for.
Why are you even trying? If ANYTHING you have successfully pushed AWAY more straight people with this thread and made them even MORE uncomfortable with it. You should have thought about your responding posts alot more in-depth before posting them (the initial post wasn't too bad). You made it seem like we straight people don't have a choice in the matter and we are "wrong" for feeling a certain way, and that in and of itself is enough to push people away from trusting your judgement or listening to your input.

Also, I'm not sure WHY you don't understand this but if a tranny intends on dating a "single sex" person, the fact that they USED to be male/female should be one of the FIRST things out of the way and into the clear. How DARE you think you have the right to waste someone's time without telling them what they are in for? That's some skeletons in the closet shit that no self-respecting person would even consider having a relationship w/ a person who doesn't show them the respect of letting them know ahead of time. Seriously man, what the FUCK is wrong with your twisted train of thoughts?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Personally, I don't think I'd date a transsexual, but I also wouldn't be an asshole about it. Surgery and hormone therapy still makes it pretty apparent if the transsexual female used to be a man; I mean is it really that difficult? Just don't get rip roaring drunk out of your mind and try to pick up chicks...it's not that hard Arez.

It's seriously an extremely irrational fear to encounter a transsexual or trap. Unless you're picking up prostitutes on Sunset Blvd/Craigslist then you really don't even need to concern yourself with this crap. I mean, it's a completely trivial waste of your time to even think about this stuff, statistically the odds of this are extremely low; probably winning the lottery/being struck by lightning low.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Personally, I don't think I'd date a transsexual, but I also wouldn't be an asshole about it. Surgery and hormone therapy still makes it pretty apparent if the transsexual female used to be a man; I mean is it really that difficult? Just don't get rip roaring drunk out of your mind and try to pick up chicks...it's not that hard Arez.

It's seriously an extremely irrational fear to encounter a transsexual or trap. Unless you're picking up prostitutes on Sunset Blvd/Craigslist then you really don't even need to concern yourself with this crap.
Don't say stuff like that.....you might jinx yourself, eat those words and regret ever making that post.

Some are VERY hard to tell apart, especially some of the Asian ones.....alot of asian dudes ALREADY look like chicks anyway LMAO (no offense intended)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Don't say stuff like that.....you might jinx yourself, eat those words and regret ever making that post.
Dude, I've been with a fair amount of girls...I've never seen a surprise kielbasa. I'm just saying. But again, I've never picked up a prostitute and that's statistically the likeliest place you'll encounter that scenario.

Why are you even trying? If ANYTHING you have successfully pushed AWAY more straight people with this thread and made them even MORE uncomfortable with it. You should have thought about your responding posts alot more in-depth before posting them (the initial post wasn't too bad). You made it seem like we straight people don't have a choice in the matter and we are "wrong" for feeling a certain way, and that in and of itself is enough to push people away from trusting your judgement or listening to your input.
I fail to see how I've 'pushed them away', but you're free to think that I suppose.

Also, I'm not sure WHY you don't understand this but if a tranny intends on dating a "single sex" person, the fact that they USED to be male/female should be one of the FIRST things out of the way and into the clear. How DARE you think you have the right to waste someone's time without telling them what they are in for? That's some skeletons in the closet shit that no self-respecting person would even consider having a relationship w/ a person who doesn't show them the respect of letting them know ahead of time. Seriously man, what the FUCK is wrong with your twisted train of thoughts?
OK, one last question, then I really will stop bugging you - how quickly should they reveal their trans status in your opinion? The first date?

Some are VERY hard to tell apart
Indeed. With many transsexuals, perhaps even most, you'd be unlikely to know that they were transsexual unless they decided to tell you.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
Also, you're gay so no one would EXPECT you to react like a straight man would in that situation because it's dualy noted that NUMEROUS (but not all) gay men think IDENTICALLY to women and thus are not violent in the 1st place...I don't think I have EVER seen a masculine gay man in my life with raging testosterone and the like.
Can't. Stop. Laughing.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
But it's THEIR FAULT for lying in the 1st place. WTf is wrong you people and your twisted little train of thoughts? It wouldn't change REGARDLESS of the sex/gender/race/color/creed. You lie to me, I just wanna kick your ass for it. It's THAT SIMPLE. What? You think trannys should be EXEMPT from the rule?

That was a very poor example and a totally different situation between 2 VERY different personas.
LMAO dude you obviously haven't met many gay people then. I'm not a violent person, but as for me, the only thing gay about me is that I like men. I never knew all straight people were violent... news to me.

I think "trannies" (please stop using that word, it's basically like calling gays "[ban incoming]s") are exempt from that rule? That "rule" shouldn't even exist in the first place. You want to beat the shit out of someone for lying to you? THAT is twisted, and people like you are what jails are made for. By the way, what are they lying to you about? When a man goes through a sex change, he is legally a woman. Why would they say "hey, i used to be a man" every time they meet someone? The only lie would be if you asked them if they are trans, and they said no.

Status
Not open for further replies.