What's new

The Playstation Store is back online

jesse89202

Apprentice
PlayStation Store is Available and Updated Now

+ Posted by Grace Chen // Director, PlayStation Store

The PlayStation Store is back online and thank you everyone for your patience. You will notice a huge lineup of new downloadable games, demos, add-on content, themes, avatars and videos. Also, PlayStation Plus has been updated with new full game trials, free games and DLC, free avatars and even more discounts.

You may have noticed that the content promised as part of the Welcome Back offer is not yet live. It is currently in the final stages of testing and will be available to download soon; we’ll be sure to let you know when.

The next PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus update will be this Friday, June 3, and then we will roll right into some special publishes starting next week for E3 (so be sure to check back daily!).

In the meantime, check out all the new downloadable content on PlayStation Store.
PlayStation Plus

Full Game Trial

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Dante’s Inferno Full Game Trial

Featured Games & DLC

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs SU90-S Shotgun (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs: Abandoned Map (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
MAG Interdiction DLC (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99)
Comet Crash (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Vector TD minis (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus (PS one) (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Babel the King of Blocks (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)
The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99)
Duael Invaders (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Killzone 3 Steel Rain Map Pack (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $4.99) (Prior offer, still live)

Discounted Games & DLC

Red Johnson’s Chronicles Episode 1 (PlayStation Plus price $9.74, regular price $12.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Dungeon Hunter (PlayStation Plus price $10.39, regular price $12.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Ricochet HD (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $10.00)
Cool Boarder 2 (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99) (Prior offer, still live)
Under Siege (PlayStation Plus price $10.00, regular price $19.99)
Interpol (PlayStation Plus price $3.99, sale price $4.99, regular price $9.99)
Motor Storm Apocalypse Rare Elite Supercar (PlayStation Plus price $2.24, regular price $2.99)
Motor Storm Apocalypse Revelation Vehicle Pack Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $2.39, regular price $2.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars

Resident Evil 5 – 10 Avatar Bundle ($0.99 and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Resident Evil 5 – Tricell Logo Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
MotorStorm Apocalypse: Burning Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
MotorStorm Apocalypse: Urban Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
Anomalies Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
SEGA Genesis Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Junebug Bench Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers) (prior offer, still live)
Street Fighter 2 – 8 Avatar Bundle ($0.99 PlayStation Plus Price, PlayStation Plus Exclusive)
Street Fighter 2 – Ken Avatar (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)

QORE

May Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)
Updates

Interpol: The Trail Of Dr. Chaos – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dc Universe – 12 Month Package (12 Months) – Price Change (now $119.99, original price $143.99)
Dc Universe – 3 Month Package (3 Months) – Price Change (now $38.99, original price $41.99)
Dc Universe – 6 Month Package (6 Months) – Price Change (now $71.99, original price $77.99)
Assassin’S Creed Ii Deluxe Edition Digital – Price Change (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
Vertigo – Price Change (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Tehra: Dark Warrior – Minis – Sale (PSP) (now $1.49, original price $4.99)
Slam Bolt Scrappers (Price Drop) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Plants vs Zombies (Sale) (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Sam And Max – The Devil’S Playhouse – Full Season – Sale (PS3) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)
Cuboid – Sale (PS3) ((now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Digger HD – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Dragon’s Lair – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Space Ace – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
Alien Havoc – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $1.99, original price $4.99)
Fish Tank – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $1.99, original price $3.99
Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder – Minis – Price Drop (PSP) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)

Too much info to paste, go to:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/06/01/playstation-store-is-available-and-updated-now/

:D

IceyTruth

Apprentice
Fucking PS store!!! I just tried to redeem my codes and i'm getting the error code saying that it is now under maintenance.

Zaq, is it in your "previous downloads" list? If it is you might be able to grab it again

Edit- Here's what Joystiq posted about people in the EU store having problems:

"I no longer have the option to choose my free Welcome Back games. What can I do?

If you navigate away from the Welcome Back section of the store without choosing your free games or exit the store completely you may need to follow the below in order to choose and download your free games. On your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable navigate to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB Log into your PlayStation Network account and choose Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List Choose "PlayStation Network Promotions" from the list of services displayed Select either "PS3 Free Games" or "PSP Free Games" and then choose "Select Content"

You will be taken to the store to choose your remaining free games."

X820

Noob
ZAQ said:
Yeah yeah, maybe that's not a fair comparison. But I am beyond fucking frustrated with this pile of shit that has been sitting here mocking me since I bought it.
I lol'd :D

jesse89202

Apprentice
ZAQ said:
Nope, it said I first have to "download" the Free game 1, then I could download the game.
Then after I chose it, it gave me an error but it let me navigate to the game I wanted and clicked download. Another error. Neither are in the recent dl's list.
Try this.. go into account management>transaction management>services list>SCEA Promotions then download your games.

BTW, does getting the playstation plus for 30 days free count as a game? or do we get 2 games and pp for 30 days.. :/

jesse89202 said:
Try this.. go into account management>transaction management>services list>SCEA Promotions then download your games.

BTW, does getting the playstation plus for 30 days free count as a game? or do we get 2 games and pp for 30 days.. :/
According to the FAQ you get 4 games (if you have a PSP too) total plus the P+ subscription. I'd try this out on my PSP but I'm not sure if, uh, my firmware is compatible.

btbb99

Apprentice
Kensidj said:
am i losing my mind or is mk2 not available anymore for download???

i heard they took it off a few weeks before the network went down, they took it off because the kollection is coming out soon

The Playstation Network - The one time it's ok to bitch about getting stuff for free. :p

On a side note, I had an idea for you Zaq. You say the game isn't in your previous download list? Here's what you do: take a video of it, show that none of the games from the Welcome Back package are in your list, and then show that you can't redeem 2 games. Upload that to YouTube and I'll try my best to get it forwarded to the right people. The games in your list should have dates on them (if I remember correctly) which would remove all doubt for Sony to make things right. I know you can't be the only one this happened to, so having a video of it will get their attention. This is what I do everytime I get a package delivered, incase something goes wrong there's no denying what went down. Luckily this should be a way for you to prove it even after it happened.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
LOL @ Zaq....ahh fuck. I want the $600 back for my PS3 and another $300 or so in DLC.

fuckin fuckers

Hold on wait I got a better one, check this out.

"That awkward moment when you turn on your 360 and all your save data gets deleted". Glad I risked frying the thing by going for the Kung Fu achievements only for all of it to disappear, could you imagine if I actually sat there playing it for that long? Absolute waste of a console.

X820

Noob
Wow, that is shitty..
Is this a global problem aswell..?
I'm pretty sure either of 2 companies could lend some sort of support if millions of people went apeshit.

I don't know man, seems to be that you are anti-xbox, like aggressively and that's fine with me :)

Why not cash in on your unit and save everyone the hassle?

PS3 4 L1F3 !

X820 said:
Wow, that is shitty..
Is this a global problem aswell..?
I'm pretty sure either of 2 companies could lend some sort of support if millions of people went apeshit.

I don't know man, seems to be that you are anti-xbox, like aggressively and that's fine with me :)

Why not cash in on your unit and save everyone the hassle?

PS3 4 L1F3 !

It seems like most people on this site are aggressively anti-Sony.

While Sony has not been endearing themselves this past few weeks, I still prefer PS3 due to the selection of exclusives (Heavy Rain, Infamous, Uncharted) and the excellent Blu Ray player (it patched in 3D).

X820

Noob
Nah, previous posts is people beeing pissed off about feeling ripped off, who can blame them.

Console flames is lame ass shit man, people get butt hurt over someone disliking "their" previous toy, ridiculous.

The best thing you can do is play on/with the one you want and leave it at.

X820 said:
Nah, previous posts is people beeing pissed off about feeling ripped off, who can blame them.

Console flames is lame ass shit man, people get butt hurt over someone disliking "their" previous toy, ridiculous.

The best thing you can do is play on/with the one you want and leave it at.
agreed. That's why I'm a bit bummed to see certain people frequently bash one console or the other...cough cough ZAQ and Masters cough cough

X820

Noob
ZAQ said:
I can't even comment on this without pissing people off, so I opted out after writing a book.

It's not going to change any minds but I just can't understand how people can't see the faults of this system. Everyone is too busy fighting some ridiculous war between PS3 and XB, when both consoles suck.
Cheap chinese part toys that break down OUT OF THE BOX then the manufacturer says "warranty expired".
Don't get me started though lol.

I bet you'll never see a working 20 year old PS3 or 360 in the future.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lead Moderator
Im no fanboy, i just enjoy the gamers aspect of the 360, XBL etc. Its just better than PS3 & PSN. imo.

Rain.Dog505 said:
agreed. That's why I'm a bit bummed to see certain people frequently bash one console or the other...cough cough ZAQ and Masters -though Masters always in defense of someone else who felt the need to open their mouth when no one asked them to- cough cough
I just wanted to correct your comment there :p.

Before I ramble off, I want to clarify that my last post was exaggerated to poke fun at someone else's reply (read: defense). Truth is I've been on the defensive since day one, and I believe with good reason. I don't go on the offensive in situations like these, because it goes against what I stand for. But after all the research I've done on the two consoles, being offensive is apparently something 360 fanboys need to do, which you can see was put on display right here in this thread (not talking about you Rain, Zaq or Tim for the record). Seriously, when was the last time you saw somebody say the PS3 rules and the 360 sucks just randomly out of the blue, yet sometimes you can't go a day online without seeing the opposite. I remember looking at the insight data for my PSN vs Xbox Live video and finding that one of the members here at CMK actually took it and ran to a bunch of other forums to tell everyone how the 360 was the best console ever and the PS3 sucks. Honestly, who does that? It's like finding Jesus' tomb to these guys. The fact that they have nothing better to do with their time is disturbing to me.

It's sad, and I can't remember the last time I felt pity for someone. But I pity these fanboys. There's no way for me to explain how pathetic their behavior is without sounding like a know it all, but that's just how some people want to live I guess. What Zaq and Tim said was fine, because it's one thing for someone to say something sucks and have good reason, which they do. But it's another for someone who knows nothing of which they speak to say it, which is when I'd get defensive and start taking names. The one thing that never ceases to amuse me is how these people project themselves onto others in such extreme cases of denial and delusion by claiming those responding to their coy remarks are the flamethrowers when the only ones starting something are themselves.

I don't worry myself with petty things anymore. I take pride in being someone who accepts his mistakes in order to become a better person. And I've said this before, I'm not really a forum guy. But when I first started to use them, if I got into an argument with someone I'd look forward to what they'd say to me in response - because I could always call out the few who defamed me on their stupidity when they replied. It was kinda fun almost, but childish. Thankfully I realized what I was doing, and wasn't going to become one of them by wasting my time checking responses like these people do. Eventually you remember you're an adult (did I really just call myself that... hurl) and become jaded to their nonsense. Who cares what some closet fanboy says about you, if someone else gets the last word good for them. I say this because I'm smart enough to know that'll probably happen. But why continue a discussion that's practically over to begin with, so having said that I'm sure their next post will be a good one.

If somebody else wants to be oblivious and thickheaded, let them. That's their deal. I believe that people can change, but if that's how they choose to be that's their decision. Hulk Hogan said it best - like attracts like. I wouldn't want to live with negativity to such a degree that I had to run around telling everyone how much something sucks every five seconds in order to validate myself.