What's new

The Official TYM GTA V Thread

Still debating whether or not to preorder the special edition. I love steelbooks but I don't like the artwork of the GTA V one, I prefer the classic GTA cover that the standard edition has.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
There aren't a lot of previews for games I see where my jaw literally drops.. But this is one of them. To me THIS is what a next-generation gameplay experience should be; which is ironic considering that this is current-gen tech.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/15/grand-theft-auto-5-multiplayer-reveal-trailer

*Youtube version credit: Tim Static

I feel like this is ushering in the future of online multiplayer.. And it brings that factor people have wanted since they were kids; the ability to just go hang out with your friends and do cool stuff, together online.

I'm not sure how this will all work or fit together (instances? how many players per? etc) but if this is where the future of gaming is heading, I'm excited.

Thoughts?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
But thats why we have a GTA5 discussion thread lol
I missed it because it was buried in here -- only reason I even found this thread at all was because I visited this subforum to post my own. I feel like more people should be exposed to the video given how awesome it looks.

The fps, the lag, the simultaneous ongoing occurences. What is happening over here, can it be seen by players across the map? or is it loaded by how close the proximity is? If i buy a house/hotel, would that mean that if i load up another game with another person who owns the same house is it going to be lived in together or is it going to just conflict? Same with garages. Are our missions allowed to be intefered with by other players? Does what i do effect other players or does it just affect me? Is their a fully customizable character creation interface? These are some of the questions we must have answered. I am skeptical but optimistic. I just want this to be everything that it claims to be. I don't want us to have high hopes and then it be only a portion of what we expect. I just want this executed efficiently and have it effectively change the way we view multiplayer.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
looks AWESOME i just really wish it was either on PC on next gen at this point this game is the only reason i will be keeping my old system around for a while.....well this and injustice lol...now if next gen supports downloaded games in any way from last gen that would be awesome though i don't think it does :(

Tim Static

Adminerator
I missed it because it was buried in here -- only reason I even found this thread at all was because I visited this subforum to post my own. I feel like more people should be exposed to the video given how awesome it looks.
True but if its sitting at the top of the subforum, people will see its got new content in it. Also an edit to the thread name could indicate new info has been posted on the date its posted. Still no reasons to have multiple discussions about the same thing, tho I very much share the excitement & enthusiasm about todays news/video :)

Sent from The Turk

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
The fps, the lag, the simultaneous ongoing occurences. What is happening over here, can it be seen by players across the map? or is it loaded by how close the proximity is? If i buy a house/hotel, would that mean that if i load up another game with another person who owns the same house is it going to be lived in together or is it going to just conflict? Same with garages. Are our missions allowed to be intefered with by other players? Does what i do effect other players or does it just affect me? Is their a fully customizable character creation interface? These are some of the questions we must have answered. I am skeptical but optimistic. I just want this to be everything that it claims to be. I don't want us to have high hopes and then it be only a portion of what we expect. I just want this executed efficiently and have it effectively change the way we view multiplayer.

Yup, I'm curious to know how the handle the mp world and instancing. Seems like you could eventually build these concepts into a future persistent world/MMO if you wanted to.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
Yup, I'm curious to know how the handle the mp world and instancing.
more than likely it will pan out like red dead where you go into a instance area and anyone on the server can join in or mess with you im sure there is a cap of how many users can in said instance and get credit for doing it but not so much if someone wants to just come and mess it up...should be interesting

Wow.. That's a crazy concept; so it's free with the game, but you could still buy it without the SP game. Wonder what their plans for that are?

Well its being released two weeks after launch. I am guessing for people to play the story and not get lost in multiplayer, but i think they are still going to be working on making it revolutionary. It could be the next level of what mmo should be. It seems its going to be downloadable content and not on the grand theft auto 5 cd.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Well its being released two weeks after launch. I am guessing for people to play the story and not get lost in multiplayer, but i think they are still going to be working on making it revolutionary. It could be the next level of what mmo should be. It seems its going to be downloadable content and not on the grand theft auto 5 cd.
With the content creator, it seems like PC and console concepts are finally starting to merge.