What's new

The Official Breaking Bad Discussion Thread - Season 5 part 2 starts tonight at 9EST on AMC!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Marathon is on right now, time to refresh dat memory.

yaoding09

Mortal
Im curious of what the fuck was going on in the first part of the first episode of season 5. Looks like walt was on the run with hair and he just bought a m-16. They never elaborated on this right?

Im curious of what the fuck was going on in the first part of the first episode of season 5. Looks like walt was on the run with hair and he just bought a m-16. They never elaborated on this right?
No, they didnt.

I rewatched that part and I noticed a few things.
- He was far away from new mexico
- He changed his identity
- He had just recently bought the gun AND the car. He doesnt recognize it.
- Its his birthday

What I believe is going to happen is that Hank somehow finds out about Walters crimes and decides that he has to be arrested then Walter goes through with the plan he had when Gus was originally going to kill him. I believe he contacts that guy that can make him "disappear" and tells skylar about it but she declines and Walt goes alone. This would also explain his mood at the beggining of the episode.

Just my prediction.

yaoding09

Mortal
No, they didnt.

I rewatched that part and I noticed a few things.
- He was far away from new mexico
- He changed his identity
- He had just recently bought the gun AND the car. He doesnt recognize it.
- Its his birthday

What I believe is going to happen is that Hank somehow finds out about Walters crimes and decides that he has to be arrested then Walter goes through with the plan he had when Gus was originally going to kill him. I believe he contacts that guy that can make him "disappear" and tells skylar about it but she declines and Walt goes alone. This would also explain his mood at the beggining of the episode.

Just my prediction.
Thats a very great prediction. I know this is very unlike hank but do you think he give walt a head start to run or maybe even put him in the witness protection if walt ratted on other people?

Thats a very great prediction. I know this is very unlike hank but do you think he give walt a head start to run or maybe even put him in the witness protection if walt ratted on other people?
Maybe, but I think thats unlikely.

Hank has been tracking Walt or "Heisenburg" ever since they first killed Krazy 8.
He also has expressed a desire to capture him.
Although Walt is family and Hank has been shown to be lenient towards family (ex. Hank finds out that Walt was "puffing on the magic dragon" if you will), I dont think he would just let him slide.
I do think he pardons anything skylar might have done on the other hand since she wasnt as deeply involved and that would also explain why Walt was alone in the future scene.

It was Walt's 52nd birthday at the Denny's in episode 1 during the flash forward, and he turned 51 during the normal timetable of the season. So we have plot armor for a good while after he gets the big fucking gun. DEA is going to be on his ass soon, or at least Hank and friends... I wonder if Skylar will break down and off herself or something during this time. Walt's daughter is probably going to be the lynchpin of the story I'd imagine... some homer simpson "do it for her" kind of shit

yaoding09

Mortal
Maybe, but I think thats unlikely.

Hank has been tracking Walt or "Heisenburg" ever since they first killed Krazy 8.
He also has expressed a desire to capture him.
Although Walt is family and Hank has been shown to be lenient towards family (ex. Hank finds out that Walt was "puffing on the magic dragon" if you will), I dont think he would just let him slide.
I do think he pardons anything skylar might have done on the other hand since she wasnt as deeply involved and that would also explain why Walt was alone in the future scene.
Great points again. Either way I saw a behind the scenes thing on AMC that said they have to pack like 16 hours of story into these last 8 episodes which I cant wait for. Its going to come down to what we all knew was going to eventually happen: walt vs hank ( and jesse somewhere saying YEA BITCH)
It was Walt's 52nd birthday at the Denny's in episode 1 during the flash forward, and he turned 51 during the normal timetable of the season. So we have plot armor for a good while after he gets the big fucking gun. DEA is going to be on his ass soon, or at least Hank and friends... I wonder if Skylar will break down and off herself or something during this time. Walt's daughter is probably going to be the lynchpin of the story I'd imagine... some homer simpson "do it for her" kind of shit
Yea I can see this too. Hopefully skylar will quit being a bitch to walt and actually be on his side for this last season.

Yes, I see this happening too.
I doubt Skylar is going to go through with it without having one of her episodes.
I also doubt theres going to be much after the future scene. Walt doesnt even know how the use the gun and sked if it came with an instruction manual and the guy in the restroom told him I found a few online.
I think the last episode is going to have closure on that scene though, and we will see what happens next.