What's new

The Official Black Canary MU Chart(Patch Ver. 1.12 Updated 12/12/17)

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
just curious, what makes FS win and GL even?
Green Lanterns damage output sucks lol. She out damages him a ton. Plus, she can scare him somewhat with her low parry in neutral for his b1. Not to mention the b1 strings get parried because of the gaps in them. He can stagger them to bait her parry ,but thats on a read. Up close she has the advantage and on oki she does as well since his wakeup gets stuffed. His advantage lies in fullcreen,midscreen(sorta) but up close its all her. Plus there is the threat of level 3 trait all over the screen that can hit him out of his slow projectile start ups.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
I agree on Blue Beetle. What's funny about this match up is even in the beta when Beetle didn't have safe shield bash it still felt like a long day for her lol. Now he can fly over trait, zone her, run away and chip her out up close and her options to check him on block are nothing spectacular. Beetle can also crush her in neutral with trait but it's not even necessary to use all his tools versus her.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I can definitely agree on the Harley number having played it from both sides. Harley makes her work to get in but gets mauled on knockdown.

I agree on Blue Beetle. What's funny about this match up is even in the beta when Beetle didn't have safe shield bash it still felt like a long day for her lol. Now he can fly over trait, zone her, run away and chip her out up close and her options to check him on block are nothing spectacular. Beetle can also crush her in neutral with trait but it's not even necessary to use all his tools versus her.
In Beta he was probably her worst matchup for sure, that shit was and still is an ass matchup

If she had a move that could punish moves in neutral other than lvl 3 trait or a move that could get her in for free, she’d have a at least a couple winning matchups. But as it stands right now, she can’t stop anyone’s neutral or start up offense in neutral beyond her (slowish) b1 range. She can hard read with counters or whiff punish.

But honestly, if she got a move that would let her get in for free or punish moves from beyond sweep range other than trait..... and she would probably be top 5.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Honest question, what makes the Wonder Woman matchup so bad?
In my experience, she has amazing back walk speed, IA shield is really hard for Canary to deal with, her b2, d2, and j3 are a pain for Canary and she can just lame her out pretty hard in general. Her wake up is low key good as hell when she has meter too.

Honest question, what makes the Wonder Woman matchup so bad?
Canary is unable to punish WoWo’s specials which dominate the mid range/long range. She can read and do a perfectly timed cartwheel through an unmetered shield toss. But she’ll usually get tagged. Also, she can’t cartwheel through the lassos. D2, B2, and especially BF1 are tough for BC to wade through. BF1 sometimes even snatches BC out of the air. She can make a read and parry, but it’s a HARD read. And BC’s stubby and slower normals make it impossible to whiff punish any lasso attacks. It’s lvl 3 cry or bust on whiff punishing.

Also, WoWo has better wakeup options vs BC than almost every other character. And her D12 is good too as a punisher and an interrupter on a read.

WoWo owns the mid range game and BC has nothing to get around it or punish it except a perfectly timed lvl 3 trait. WoWo can throw shields and lassos out with impunity and there ain’t a damn thing BC can do about it.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I agree with Supergirl, Batman, Ivy & Blue Beetle (I played a bit of her against them & Supergirl against her, still learning her to see what all she can do for the sake of exploring the game).

x TeeJay o

I'm not certain that Captain Cold is that gentle for Canary, but Flash and Red Hood check out.
Ya know, I wanted to make it 7-3, but it's so hard for me to do that with how stupid her mix is on top of level 3. If she gets in its hard for him to get out seeing as she can just jump over the wake-up. Now with his puddle being nerfed I'm certain it's gonna be a 6-4 at least. Can't be worse than pre patch

Everyone saying that wowo wins 7-3 makes me feel better about losing a ft5 against her the other day so I'll agree for the self esteem factor. :cool:
I can also vouch for it as my incredibly half-baked Wonder Woman has defeated Black Canaries of vastly superior skill whilst scarcely breaking a sweat.

BC vs Starfire, whilst still definitely a solid 4-6, at least grants a slightly better chance of winning because Star's normals aren't as oppressive to BC's approach as WW's are, and if BC gets the knockdown you can lay on a world of hurt more easily than if you knockdown WW.

A small part of me suspects that BC vs Cheetah may be slightly in BC's favour, but I'd have to lab it a bit more before I can say with certainty.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Don't see how when I have it labeled as LOSING ...
cuz it's the perspective of the subject...

Like in tennis, the server can be down 0-40. In a series, you say the subject's perspective too, "Yankees are down 0-2", etc. It always applies to sets... But not for points in a game where you do say "Lakers are down 85-80". Except in pickup basketball, sometimes teams tend to say their score first after a point reset, i.e. "3-6" if the team is losing 6-3.

Espio

Kokomo
cuz it's the perspective of the subject...

Like in tennis, the server can be down 0-40. In a series, you say the subject's perspective too, "Yankees are down 0-2", etc. It always applies to sets... But not for points in a game where you do say "Lakers are down 85-80". Except in pickup basketball, sometimes teams tend to say their score first after a point reset, i.e. "3-6" if the team is losing 6-3.
Ya'll just wanna argue about something. It doesn't matter. It is labelled as losing so it makes no difference what other people do or what they do in sports.

Tweedy

Noob
Does she really have 0 winning match ups? I feel like her mix ups would compensate enough once she gets in, to win vs characters that don't completely mop her in the neutral game. Flash wins match ups where he doesn't win neutral.

I know you have him as TBD, but she probably dumps on Raiden for example.

x TeeJay o

Does she really have 0 winning match ups? I feel like her mix ups would compensate enough once she gets in, to win vs characters that don't completely mop her in the neutral game. Flash wins match ups where he doesn't win neutral.

I know you have him as TBD, but she probably dumps on Raiden for example.
I could see it. But flash has access to his RMS all game for free whereas she has to wait for level 3 and even then level 2 is more important since it comes back way faster and she has a vortex from it. If you know any good raiden players lmk I'd love to play the MU

Also, she used to beat Supergirl, but then Supergirl got them sweet buffs and then it was rip lol

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Still think she only has maximum 2or4 to 6 bad mus even though I haven't played at all in months, but I do know she didn't get nerfed so ye still sticking to it. Giving an extra couple MUs to both ends instead of my standard 4, because not caught up on patch changes/DLC so there may be 1 or 2 that got worse or something idk maybe more but I doubt it changed that drastically.

x TeeJay o

Still think she only has maximum 2or4 to 6 bad mus even though I haven't played at all in months, but I do know she didn't get nerfed so ye still sticking to it. Giving an extra couple MUs to both ends instead of my standard 4, because not caught up on patch changes/DLC so there may be 1 or 2 that got worse or something idk maybe more but I doubt it changed that drastically.
There's a 100% chance she loses to Fate,Batman,Harley, Aquaman,and Wonder Woman. So i really don't see how she would have anywhere near only 4 or less by any stretch of the imagination..

I honestly think she could beat scarecrow. Or maybe I am just bad at versing her.

She can backflip away the entire round (building meter as she does) and just wait for level 3 scream to come back. Scarecrow's only option is to chase. Teleports get blown up easily.

The matchup could turn around in the corner, but it's not the easiest to keep her contained. I've had canary forward flip right through me once I get her cornered.

I realize I am probably not the best at the matchup.

Dr. Cheesesteak

pygophile and podophile
Ya'll just wanna argue about something. It doesn't matter. It is labelled as losing so it makes no difference what other people do or what they do in sports.
I was just explaining an answer to a question. Why do you think that's an argument? :confused:

Oh well, no need to reply, we can keep it on-topic.

x TeeJay o

I honestly think she could beat scarecrow. Or maybe I am just bad at versing her.

She can backflip away the entire round (building meter as she does) and just wait for level 3 scream to come back. Scarecrow's only option is to chase. Teleports get blown up easily.

The matchup could turn around in the corner, but it's not the easiest to keep her contained. I've had canary forward flip right through me once I get her cornered.

I realize I am probably not the best at the matchup.
Naw his neutral is much better with j3 and His absurd f1 string. You can parry it, but a smart scarecrow will play patient and get in that j3 range and take advantage with his terrifying mind games with ex db2. I agree her lvl 3 is much more important than lvl 2 in this MU tho