What's new

The % of winning formula

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I´ve been playing in lobbys and I am wondering what the game uses to put a %winning when you see a player... I´ve noticed that it´s NOT the W/L ratio becuase sometimes I have a theorical 99% with a player with 90/10 ratio for example, but a 20% or so with a 50/40 ... what do you think? the rank? the ratio in rankeds only? Thoughts? :rolleyes:

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I kinda suspected it had to do with other opponents they have faced of equal, or much higher rank than themselves and number of matches (experience gained) Perhaps their record is 259/171 but you have 0% odds of beating them because 1). You have not fought as many matches, 2.) They have fought mostly good players.

This is just my theory, I too wanna know.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I kinda suspected it had to do with other opponents they have faced of equal, or much higher rank than themselves and number of matches (experience gained) Perhaps their record is 259/171 but you have 0% odds of beating them because 1). You have not fought as many matches, 2.) They have fought mostly good players.

This is just my theory, I too wanna know.
The curious thing is that IT WORKS. I mean , if you see a high% ,you probably win. So it shows some kind of skill level and not the w/l ratio. I don´t know how MKX can do this but its fine

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Should have left that out and worked on an actual ranking system like every other fighting game so most people aren't getting matched up with beginners all day and don't have to go to forums looking for decent competition :DOGE

No but seriously I'm curious as to how this is determined too.

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
From the patch notes -
  • Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.
  • Player Skill Rating algorithm improved.
In the hour that I'd played after the patch yesterday, I definitely noticed a colossal difference in the quality of who I was matched with. In response to the OPs original question though, I would imagine it also takes into consideration the stats that you can view in your kombat kard - things like longest kombo (they probably have an average hits per kombo track too), current streak, etc.