What's new

The Noob Saibot Revised Meter Game Theory

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
I play both characters. Do you?

If so, I'd love to see you try it on me.
I tried to play Sektor for a while but it sure didn't appeal to me. I mained Shang for as long as I played the game.
And I was just saying that zoning with portals is not creative seeing as there's already two characters in the game who have been zoning with projectiles coming from above since day 1.

Altaire

Noob
I tried to play Sektor for a while but it sure didn't appeal to me. I mained Shang for as long as I played the game.
And I was just saying that zoning with portals is not creative seeing as there's already two characters in the game who have been zoning with projectiles coming from above since day 1.
...When the hell was this ever about creativity? The point is that they're an absolutely underutilized part of Noob's game, and so I'm suggesting that they be used more.

Altaire

Noob
Oh, whoops, I missed this.

Altaire theres a problem with using ex portal as a spacing tool to control where your opponent goes. No matter which portal u use for ex it always goes in the same place...above them
We talked about this already, but for anyone who hasn't seen it: Yes, the EX portal cannot be aimed. I found out by trying to go for close portal setups to see how well it'd inhibit an opponent's movement, and then realized it didn't change anything. I doubt NRS is going to fix this, but I really hope the do.

A possibly useful thing to keep in mind when using EX Teleport is that you can score it off of a jump kick. I forget how much damage it does, but I use it often and tend to land it. It's a good place to put meter for air-to-airs, and I feel as though people forget about it. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just a useless tool, but I figured I'd try to contribute.

iroku

Noob
i use portals for zoning when im fullscreen. its easy to block shadows fullscreen so nothing like a portal to make them jump.
I like using upknee as well for zoning. i carefully miss the first upknee and follow with the second, they tend to jump after the first upknee thinking they escaped it. they keep jumping in after the first one. sometimes they lay still and dont jump in so after the second missed upknee i jump out and telle. works really well.

Altaire

Noob
i use portals for zoning when im fullscreen. its easy to block shadows fullscreen so nothing like a portal to make them jump.
I like using upknee as well for zoning. i carefully miss the first upknee and follow with the second, they tend to jump after the first upknee thinking they escaped it. they keep jumping in after the first one. sometimes they lay still and dont jump in so after the second missed upknee i jump out and telle. works really well.
A smart player isn't going to jump if you throw out a portal, and that's WHY they're so good: It pins them on the ground, making it more difficult for them to jump a shadow. This can seriously impede their mobility if you're playing right. Close portals are particularly good for this, because your opponent's only options are to wait for it to pass or try to jump it. Again, portals are like Cyrax's bombs: You don't throw them out because you expect your opponent to dive at it head-first and give you a full combo, you do it because it limits your opponent's mobility. That's all it needs to do for you.

D

Deleted member 9158

I actively use portals when playing noob.

catches bitches off guard like crazy. Though I don't do it more than a couple times, cause most players do catch on eventually.