What's new

The next new characters in MKX?

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I get speculation of existing characters but now you're just grasping at straws. Nonetheless, I'll bite.

We aren't gonna need a Liu Kang replacement because he's gonna almost definitely be in MKX. And if he isn't we have replacements already like Kai.

If Nightwolf doesn't return, it would be cool to see a dark shaman or a witch doctor in his place. Sort of like a doppelgänger.

How about an incubus instead?

That's a vampire. Similar hunting style, luring humans to feed on by falsely (or not depending on the individual) promising sex.

Not sure if it counts.
Well Gosoxtim mentioned Morrigan i his post, who, if i recall correctly, was a vampire not a succubus.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Cough*sabrewulf*cough
*Looks up Sabrewulf* Hey cool, another werewolf fighter. That makes 4 werewolves total to exist in fighting games, the other three being Valkenhayn R Hellsing, Yugo, and Jon Talbain. Lets make 5 with NRS making a werewolf fighter in MKX!

As for other NEW characters I want to see in MKX, I want an animal stance fighter like Gen or Lei Wulong.

Hini

Batomancer
Id like to see a Viking norse god kinda character. I think NRS could go ham on a concept like that and make something really cool. I doubt I will ever see that considering that MK's influences mostly stem from eastern and very warm cultures.

I can hope however.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
How about a Druid Sorceress that can command earth, plants and animals? She could have been an acquaintance of Nightwolf and Raiden recruits her because Nightwolf died in MK9.
I remember another member suggesting a Vudu priestess, that would be brilliant.

How about a Druid Sorceress that can command or manipulate earth, plants and animals? She could have been an acquaintance of Nightwolf and Raiden recruits her because Nightwolf died in MK9.
A Druid can fit very well in MK. Since Nightwolf is out for a while in the grave, a druid can join in.

Wonder what her moves would be. In fact tell Ed Boon your idea.

WannaGetNutsLetsGetNuts

It. Is. Glorious!
If Nightwolf's in, he could have the werewolf idea covered.

Spirit Wolf
- Unique look of being half wolf having fast and aggressive bites.

Other two styles could be "From The Heavens" (sky beams & lightning) and "Ancient Warrior" (tomahawk & bow and arrow) attacks or something.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
A Druid can fit very well in MK. Since Nightwolf is out for a while in the grave, a druid can join in.

Wonder what her moves would be. In fact tell Ed Boon your idea.
Thanks, not sure how to get in contact with Boon though. lol

I was thinking that she would fight with a Long Spear that would double as a magic staff. And I have a small idea on her variations.

• One variation would be her using the earth and plants for defense and offense. Using plants to reach and trap her opponent, create a shield that reduces damage from projectiles and removes hitstun for a few seconds, a thorn shield that gets opponents off of her, and provide buffs and debuffs.
  • Another variation would be her fighting with animals at her side. Either a Wolf, Big Cat(Lion, Panther, Tiger, etc), or an outworld creature fights by her side, increasing combos and mix-ups. Maybe have her summon other animals briefly too.
  • A third would be ditching the spear and transforming her limbs into bestial claws for a rushdown style.
That is what I came up with in about 20 minutes, I need a little more time to think about more specific special moves.

Thanks, not sure how to get in contact with Boon though. lol

I was thinking that she would fight with a Long Spear that would double as a magic staff. And I have a small idea on her variations.

• One variation would be her using the earth and plants for defense and offense. Using plants to reach and trap her opponent, create a shield that reduces damage from projectiles and removes hitstun for a few seconds, a thorn shield that gets opponents off of her, and provide buffs and debuffs.
  • Another variation would be her fighting with animals at her side. Either a Wolf, Big Cat(Lion, Panther, Tiger, etc), or an outworld creature fights by her side, increasing combos and mix-ups. Maybe have her summon other animals briefly too.
  • A third would be ditching the spear and transforming her limbs into bestial claws for a rushdown style.
That is what I came up with in about 20 minutes, I need a little more time to think about more specific special moves.
Try twitter or instagram.

How about an archangel join MK? The true champion of the Elder gods. Not "Monster".

He can be assigned with two missions:
1) Help the mortals of Earth destroy Shinnok
2) Prevent Shujinko from unknowingly resurrecting Onaga

He can have light and cosmic powers.

I'd like to see more martial artists: Muay Thai, Tae Kwon Do, Sambo, Jiu Jitsu etc. Also more mysticism like Voodoo, Druid, Cthulu etc (Kotal Kahn is a good sign). Also a good variety of female characters, not every chick is tall/skinny/wearing heels. And in general more variation in body types: fat, skinny, tall, short, etc (looks like they've addressed this already with Ferra/Torr).

How about a Druid Sorceress that can command or manipulate earth, plants and animals? She could have been an acquaintance of Nightwolf and Raiden recruits her because Nightwolf died in MK9.
That sounds fine, specially since all the other elements are kinda taken. I wouldn't like her to have a spear though. And don't make her archetypical. I like Nightwolf but he's such a racial cliché.

How about an archangel join MK? The true champion of the Elder gods. Not "Monster".

He can be assigned with two missions:
1) Help the mortals of Earth destroy Shinnok
2) Prevent Shujinko from unknowingly resurrecting Onaga

He can have light and cosmic powers.
I love the idea of an angelical character. He/she can't be too "lighty" though as it wouldn't fit the game.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Don't click on them.
People should stop making them.

I expected this thread to be based off of speculation, but I came into it and it's just a bunch of people throwing around generic or already thought of ideas for characters that will probably never be in the game or are already in the series in one way or another.

These threads serve no point, just a few people circle jerking about what-ifs-but-probably-nots for whatever reason.

I don't have a problem with this so long as it's contained to one thread, but these seem to keep popping up in different forms

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I hoping for another sorcerer that deals in manipulating souls... that was such a cool and unique power. I love the idea of switching into other fighter's styles, but if shang is out... we lose the power.

So, a new female soul sorcerer or something could be cool