What's new

The New Variation Will Be Meh

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Unless they buff Scorpion's universal tools, they give him back meterless cancels or they add KB's to the variation specific moves, Torment (which is currently what the Misery Blade/NjP preset is called) is a bad variation. I've played it quite a bit on the side and it might be his worst possible loadout assuming everything stays the same. I'm curious what you guys think?

What made the variation good during the beta was that his entire thing was am I going to cancel or MisB 3, but since the cancels cost meter and are quite negative now except for b14 which is still +1, I just don't see this being scary. Combine this with how low damage the low and OH are, the OH being pretty reactable to due it's really telegraphed animation and I just don't see what reason you'll have to play it over Reborn and Searing Rage.

Reborn has

1: Potato hit confirming and the ability to hit confirm things that otherwise shouldn't be into full combos
2: Crazy safety
3: Runaway factor

Searing Rage has

1: Insane damage
2: Mix
3: Substantial pressure
4: Great oki

In the face of that, unless Torment gets hella buffed, I personally probably won't play it at all. I kind of wish it would get KB's. I was thinking these would be tight.

1: NjP KB's for 150 damage if it counter hits a wake up attack

2: Misery Blade 2 and 4 MB KB if the opponent was hit by the opposite meterless version before. They both do 18% damage with 5% bleed.

Otherwise I dunno man. I liked the stream, and I like a lot of the trends with the update, but it's still not enough for me to get excited about the game. I'm kinda hype for Ninja Shang though, it will most likely be his best variation.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Unless they buff Scorpion's universal tools, they give him back meterless cancels or they add KB's to the variation specific moves, Torment (which is currently what the Misery Blade/NjP preset is called) is a bad variation. I've played it quite a bit on the side and it might be his worst possible loadout assuming everything stays the same. I'm curious what you guys think?

What made the variation good during the beta was that his entire thing was am I going to cancel or MisB 3, but since the cancels cost meter and are quite negative now except for b14 which is still +1, I just don't see this being scary. Combine this with how low damage the low and OH are, the OH being pretty reactable to due it's really telegraphed animation and I just don't see what reason you'll have to play it over Reborn and Searing Rage.

Reborn has

1: Potato hit confirming and the ability to hit confirm things that otherwise shouldn't be into full combos

Searing Rage has

In the face of that, unless Torment gets hella buffed, I personally probably won't play it at all. I kind of wish it would get KB's. I was thinking these would be tight.

2: Misery Blade 2 and 4 MB KB if the opponent was hit by the opposite meterless version before. They both do 18% damage with 5% bleed.

Otherwise I dunno man. I liked the stream, and I like a lot of the trends with the update, but it's still not enough for me to get excited about the game. I'm kinda hype for Ninja Shang though, it will most likely be his best variation.
You’re wrong as usual.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Unless they buff Jade's universal tools, make her KB deal more damage than her normals do anyway and fix ALL her staff moves whiffing inside their own hitboxes at certain angles, the new variation will do nothing for her.

Honestly after mk11 has been around for a few months; I've seen some use with the njp because of the jump meta. Misery blade costing meter to cancel is a Nerf but the jab is basically gonna help you maintain pressure. At least you could possibly d1 after every jab and then go from that d1 into another misery blade jab but I haven't played the variation since the beta so who knows. Reborn will probably still be the better variation

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Pick up a new character or make it work. Man, these bitches complaining about a good character makes me lose my mind when most of us Kano players don't even do as much complaining on a daily basis, if we complain at all.

Appreciate what you have.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers

Reborn has

Searing Rage has

Dude MBs3 is +21on hit -2 on block. Its active for like 3 frames. This might change but it completely changes him you cant do anything other than block against scorpian in the corner now.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Misery Blade is insanely good and high/top tier material free, the only reason it wouldn't be used is because Reborn is so good it's almost unfair.

Sendo

Noob
Pick up a new character or make it work. Man, these bitches complaining about a good character makes me lose my mind when most of us Kano players don't even do as much complaining on a daily basis, if we complain at all.

Appreciate what you have.
I mean it worked for the Kitana downplay squad. I don‘t know shit about Kano, but the Snake Bite move is at least something, right?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I mean it worked for the Kitana downplay squad. I don‘t know shit about Kano, but the Snake Bite move is at least something, right?
Kinda useless when he doesn't have manhandled which gives him access to real damage and his 'mixup', even if it can still be OSed. Still has no mid, best button is D1 mixup that's gimmicky as hell. He still sucks ass.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Misery Blade is insanely good and high/top tier material free, the only reason it wouldn't be used is because Reborn is so good it's almost unfair.
This might be better than reborn tbh, he does more damage for one bar has the same reset but it's +21, multiple mixups options, and safe block into -2 on block or +21 on hit poke and he can cancel it. He can hit confirm strings or make them safe. sin blade can be said is probably a better tool than the air grab. I'm interested if he's keeping db1 into 3 frames because it looks pretty good right now.