What's new

Breakthrough - Tanya The New Tanya in 1.12 Patch (Kobu & Pyromancer)

People said the same thing about summoner Quan yet I still wreck with him. Now I need to rely on warlock in some matches. So does Tanya mains rely on other variations. It's what the variation system was created for
Thanks for your reply I'm going to take what you said into careful consideration and try Pyromancer when I desperately need armor. You have any suggestions or youtube links for Pyromancer being advantageous against serious ground pressure?

Totally agree. I'm a kobu main.. So naturally I feel like all the time and trial & error I put in to learn her well is wasted. Taking away the combo ending heelkick after 34 is just insulting imop. Spending a bar and reaching 31% is ridiculous but I'll swallow that. Taking away plus frames on ex toss fine, but armour on ex rekka was the only way to compete with solid ground pressure cast like Liu kung Lao grandmaster to name a few. She def out of top tier. Ughhh let's see how my girl does.... . Keeping hopes up. Any casual/pros care to share their opinions let's hear it.
I feel the same and I didn't main her until after the nerfs on the teleport cancels and block strings after a blocked teleport. I spent a lot of time thereafter and knew she would be nerfed again at some point. However, the biggest problem for me is the B1 2:4 being minus 10, which I mentioned in a earlier post because that is a major tool to use in her offence.

I don't like to drop characters, yet to play at a higher level and against some of the cast that had little or jack shit done to their variations, she (kobu) is not worth playing now unless it's for shits & giggles IMO.

And why should be forced to try other variations? Kobu suits my play style of offence and pressure and I don't want to keep throwing fire balls with Pyro:DOGE.

Last edited:

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Tanya is almost useless now... It's sad. She didn't need a single nerf individually except maybe Ex Tonfa after the game universal chip and meter nerfs. Ggs

This shouldn't be the last patch since they introduced 4 new characters. I'm hoping that pyro gets the buff we been talking about. ***cough**** ex shroud stuns, new strings****cough****. Lol:D

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
What exactly was he showing in the videos? Basically the patch notes in videos? Honest question.

Just played a bunch of sets with her.

NRS went overboard. Theres literaly no reason to use her anymore. and lol at the 34 nerf, wow
Yeah I'm a character loyalist and tanya was all I played. That's why I'm retiring from this game. Just gonna wait till I get to play EdenianWarrior. But yeah I'm done with this game, waiting for inj2 since I loved inj 1. I was so good at that game and it was so fun, I had 80% win ratio with over 2k games played using Harley Quinn. :):)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Thanks for your reply I'm going to take what you said into careful consideration and try Pyromancer when I desperately need armor. You have any suggestions or youtube links for Pyromancer being advantageous against serious ground pressure?
I believe Tanya has two armoured moves, low drill and OH flip. Drill can combo. I could be wrong but I think the dust move in pyro might have armour. I'd have to check though