What's new

The Netherkast: Episode 83

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Introducing, for lack of a better word, the Netherkast!

The Netherkast is the longest running and most popular podcast in the NRS world, stretching back to October 2014 (their first episode was recorded shortly after the Quan Chi MKX reveal!) and with over 1000 subscribers on Youtube.

The four hosts of the Netherkast ensures all aspects of the NRS community get their representation: from gameplay and the FGC (@Temp), lore and mythology from Razor, Canadian bullshit from Shadaloo and with hosting duties carried out by Cyborg, there's something for everyone on every episode of the Kast. In addition, their resident musician JangoDrag is occasionally on the main NK podcast as well as hosting his own (more on that later), and he's the man responsible for all the amazing remixes of classic MK game tunes you hear on the NK

On this episode, the boys answer questions sent in by their subscribers and followers, spanning a breadth from implementing the gear system in MK11, guest characters in MK and 'fixing' some of the less popular characters. It's less structured than their usual but still delivers that sweet, sweet hit of NRS podcasting material.

If you're only discovering the Netherkast now, you're in for a treat. With an extensive back catalogue comprising the entire run up to both MKX and Injustice 2, containing thoughts on character reveals, character retrospectives and opinions on everything and anything from NRS community, your podcasting diet is sorted for as long as you want it to be!

But wait, there's more! In addition to the main Netherkast, there's also The Warrior Shrine, a podcast focused on the competitive scene hosted by Jango and Temp (with a couple of episodes featuring a jarringly sexy-voiced Irishman, if I do say so myself), The Lost, a podcast focused on lore and character retrospectives hosted by Razor and Shadaloo and The Graveyard Shift, a nice rambling podcast about everything and nothing.

All of these podcasts, as well as reviews of the Injustice comic and movie reviews, can be found on the Netherkast Youtube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZcMPHTCJmlj7oZrwI8Q_Zg

The latest episode of the Warrior Shrine is coming soon, with an episode of the Lost focusing on Shujinko in the pipeline too, as well as a Netherkast episode every week or two weeks. So dive in for a nice Friday NRS-podcast treat and be sure to check back to TYM for the latest Netherkast episodes, as well as all the news from Mortal Kombat, Injustice and NRS happenings in general!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TamedLizard

Buff George
Great group of guys. Razor is truly something else when it comes to knowledge of the lore. Dude can tell you things from why in the world would Tanya want to betray Edenia to benefit Shinnok all the way down to why Liu Kang wears a head band lol.

Haven't listened to the Netherkast in some time, thanks for reminding me it's still around!

Shad

Magnificent ninja hairspray
'Sup guys. Thanks for the support and for tuning in. Remember: If it seems like we're shitting on NRS or the FGC, we're not, really. We just get critical, and we critique because we love. That's our motto.

'Cept BC, that guy's an inhuman monster. :D

I look forward to continuing to provide concentrated doses of Canadian bullshit for years to come!

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
'Sup guys. Thanks for the support and for tuning in. Remember: If it seems like we're shitting on NRS or the FGC, we're not, really. We just get critical, and we critique because we love. That's our motto.

'Cept BC, that guy's an inhuman monster. :D

I look forward to continuing to provide concentrated doses of Canadian bullshit for years to come!
I always look forward to listening, enjoying, and then downvoting your podcast, gentlemen.