What's new

The NetherKast Ep. 13: Those Boobs are Still Respectable

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Sup, guys.

Episode 13 of the Netherkast is out. We covered an onslaught of news, so it's a miracle the episode was still less than three hours. We took a scalpel to the recent reveals and covered the good (the trailer), the bad (the casting sheet), and the ugly (also the casting sheet). We also broke down the comic and sketched some theories regarding future characters and plot lines.

We covered smaller topics on the side, exploring the viability of Kitana's Kiss of Death fatality, the not-so-stellar fight record of Baraka, and our hopes and fears for Kenshi making his way into MKX. Each of us have different theories about returning characters, so the next couple of months are going to be interesting for the show.

We weren't able to do a character retrospective or any viewer questions due to the immense amount of material we needed to cover, but unless there's another news flood, those will both be back next episode. Thanks for all the support guys. Hope you enjoy the show.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Oh Temp also I agree, never was a fan of Kitana's Kiss of Death fatality. I get that real kunoichi used their sexuality to infiltrate noble courts as geisha and what not but Kitana was never portrayed as that type of assassin in my eyes. I mean to me it's obvious that the "flirty female fatalities" were there because the people playing MK games were largely a male audience.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Good eye, I didn't even notice the statue behind D'Vorah and Kotal or the stage where Quan did his x-ray :O

And holy shit if the demon in the comics turns out to be Shang that'd be an awesome twist!

What's the Kytinn pun?

You're right about Kung Jin, they better explain his/her origin!

Also
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@Cossner

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Good eye, I didn't even notice the statue behind D'Vorah and Kotal or the stage where Quan did his x-ray :O

And holy shit if the demon in the comics turns out to be Shang that'd be an awesome twist!

What's the Kytinn pun?

You're right about Kung Jin, they better explain his/her origin!
Wait what statue?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Also dude...."dub step and hip-hop don't lend themselves to fight scenes?" What? I mean not ALL dubstep or hip-hop lends itself to live action but there's definitely precedent. That's been Wu-Tang Clan's gimmick since there even was a Wu-Tang Clan. Case in point -----Afro motherfuckin' Samurai! The original soundtrack from the game has a nice hip-hop / oriental flavor to it. Here's one of my fav's.

Example #2 *but a spoiler* ----- End Scene in Django (music comes in about 2:35).

Sorry but Black Cyborg is waaaaaaaaaay out of his element on the music. Just because the original movie had shitty 90's techno pop doesn't mean it defines MK. If anything the classic Arcade music defines it for me. Let's be serious here, the MK movie soundtrack is propped up by nostalgia.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
The "Kytinn" pun refers to "chitin", which is a hard substance that makes up the exoskeleton of insects.
@Youphemism
I wondered what he was talking about because it got like zero reaction from anyone else lol. I never knew how to pronounce "chitin" despite seeing it in RPG games and shit.