What's new

"The Netherkast", a podcast w/ a special emphasis on story & art

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Sup, people.

Black Cyborg, RazorsEdge701, Shadaloo, and myself have recently started up the Netherkast podcast. We mostly hail from MKO, though we do browse through other sites as well. Our show covers gameplay in small waves, but we mostly discuss the Mortal Kombat series in general with a special emphasis on the story and art.

Our first 9 episodes have been rather structured, though we loosened things up a bit with our Christmas special (episode 10). We'll be posting each new episode here in the future. Check us out and let us know what you think. We appreciate any and all feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZcMPHTCJmlj7oZrwI8Q_Zg

nk.png

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I've been following this actually since it started. It's pretty good if you're into the story and non-gameplay stuff. This is my go to for that sort of thing. When I want to listen to more tourney related stuff, there is another podcast that I keep up with as well. Keep up the good work.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Thanks for posting! I'll have to give this a listen. I didn't know you guys had your own YT channel as well. Good stuff!
Thanks, man. :) I hope you and the rest of TYM dig it. MKO was posting our videos simultaneously for a while, but I don't know if that's still a thing. That whole partnership is kinda pending.

I've been following this actually since it started. It's pretty good if you're into the story and non-gameplay stuff. This is my go to for that sort of thing. When I want to listen to more tourney related stuff, there is another podcast that I keep up with as well. Keep up the good work.
That's awesome to hear. Thanks for the support, dude. Honestly, I'd like to amp up the gameplay discussion overall. When the MKX tournaments start going down, I'll pitch the idea of a tournament result segments to the guys.

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Thanks for the support. We're improving each episode, but mainly, we just want to give everyone something entertaining to listen to each week. With news being the way that it is, it's nice to hear some discussion and BSing around to pass the time each week.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Up to date with episodes but going through the older ones as well. This a brilliant podcast and applaud you guys for doing a great job :)

Also @Temp I also hope Li Mei comes back in a future game as I had a lot of fun playing her in the past :)

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
Just started with your latest episode (24). Great way to pass the time in the background at work while dealing with hype.

Really liked the conversation about Sub Zero and his dual identity, especially the discussion about those (like myself) in the Bi Han camp.

Only critique I can offer is maybe have a button that skips the first 8 minutes of you all talking about absolutely nothing.

Shad

Magnificent ninja hairspray
What we do is add timestamps later in the week, if you want to tune in a few days later and skip to the juicy bits.