What's new

The Music of MK

codo27

Noob
Since the original Mortal Kombat the music was something that set it apart and definitely defined it, beyond the blood and guts. Theres still something somehow eerie to me about that little tune that plays at the end of a round in (unsure of the actual name) Shang's Palace stage I believe it is, as well as Goro's Lair, among others.
The strange thing about MK2 is the music that stands out to me the most is the Genesis port tunes, for some reason the character select rings in my head to this day, though I haven't played that version in years. If I could I'd hack it into the PS3 version.
Though of course I've played it I was never that into 3/UMK3, but the menu theme from UMK3 also is another tune that dies hard for me.
And of course how could I leave out the movie? I'm sure I wasn't the only person on the forums who noticed it on peachtree tv just now, and those songs from that movie are the definition of classic, like the movie itself, from an era when movies were actually meant to be, you know, entertaining.
As for 4 and above, well, I never could get into the 3d games, played them all, but I found I was less interested with each newer title, though playing co-op in Shaolin Monks I found quite fun.
What about all of you? What are your thoughts on the soundtrack to sweeps, low punches, flawless victories and fatalities?

I Love The Hell out of the Genesis version of MK1 especially the throne room stage, as for MKII and MK3, the tracks are more reminicent from the Genesis version since that was the console I've played on the most. I like MK4's music. My favorite track is Elder stage and heard from the PSX version before the DC version. When it comes to the 3D MK's, I have to go with Deception. Nice remixes of MK1 and MK2 tracks, The tracks were indeed awesome, and my second pick is MKA. Some songs from remade stages had good remixes (MK3 Subway) as to others were completely revamped (MKII Tower), but still good to fight to. Both from PS2.
Shaolin Monks has good music that goes well with the stages.

Also, since no such movie was ever made (Yeah, I said it!... ;) ), Mortal Kombat Annihilation has a great soundtrack, I'm just mad they were in non-existing movies and not in the games.

Dan Forden is an awesome musician for MK!

That's it :) .

i like the music of MK series, but the sound effects are my personal favourite.

MK1 - ("ooooh") whenever you get uppercutted (any char) or frozen by subzero, you get that eerie "oooh" noise, presumably made by the unseen crowd. They re-used same groan for MK2, but changed it in MK3+ UMK3.

MK1- (laugh) when your energy bar reads "danger" i love the announcers evil laugh. I think i prefer the "danger" laugh in MK3 as its more sinister.

overall i think MK1 & MK3 had the best sound effects in the series, they were more realistic.

i have all dan forden mk tracks, i can listen to the deadpool while driving in my car,haha. let me know if anyone wants them and i can transfer them to you. i have all mk2 music, some mk1 (goros level,bridge,palace)

i have all dan forden mk tracks, i can listen to the deadpool while driving in my car,haha. let me know if anyone wants them and i can transfer them to you. i have all mk2 music, some mk1 (goros level,bridge,palace)
Those are the best tracks on the Gens version. But I assume you were talking about the arcade tracks, they're awesome too! :).

yeah i have the actual dan forden collection. i think it has about 13 to 14 tracks. let me know if you want it, i can send you download link.

Has it got the full wastelands track from MK2 that song is guuuuud. Ive been looking for the full track for ages.

aww thanks ded_ but the only thing is.....
Why do they have to mix the wasteland track in with other music, I cannot find this track on its own. Boooo

krsx

Noob
aww thanks ded_ but the only thing is.....
Why do they have to mix the wasteland track in with other music, I cannot find this track on its own. Boooo
It's on the MKT disc when you play it in a CD player. Does anyone know if those tracks have ever been ripped and found their way onto the internet?

PS - MKII Wastelands is my favourite stage ever!

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
I have pretty much every MK track on my PC, even multiple versions for different systems (those that are in midi format). As for MKT tracks, track-containing MKT image is hard to find on net unless you cooperate with someone who has it. Most of MKT's out there dont have their tracks present

Hey people, I'm looking for a soundfile from MK2 on SNES (super nintendo) ... When you finish the game you get an awesome tune ... does anyone know how to get this song?!

So not from the arcade, on SNES you get in my opnion a much better song, i love it!