What's new

The Mortal Kombat 1 Information and General Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new era begins! This thread is for collecting general information as it's released about the upcoming game, as well as discussion of the the game and its mechanics, details, etc. until release.

GAMEPLAY TRAILER

ED BOON TIMELINE/MECHANICS BASIC INTRO
Ed Boon Short Interview @ Summer Game Fest 2023

ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
PRESS RELEASE

RELEASE DATE AND PLATFORMS
September 19, 2023 — PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC, including Steam and Epic Games Store.

PRE-ORDER BETA
The Pre-Order Beta will take place from August 18-21.

PRICING / EDITIONS
  • Mortal Kombat 1 Standard Edition will be available physically and digitally for $69.99 (SRP)
  • Mortal Kombat 1 Premium Edition will be available physically and digitally for $109.99 (SRP) — includes all Standard Edition content, along with the Kombat Pack, early access to the game beginning Sept. 14, and 1,250 Dragon Krystals (in-game currency). The Kombat Pack will feature a Johnny Cage character skin with the likeness of famed actor and martial artist, Jean-Claude Van Damme (available at launch), early access to six new playable characters (available post-launch), and five new Kameo Fighters (available post-launch).
  • Mortal Kombat 1 Kollector’s Edition will be available physically at select retailers for $249.99 (SRP) on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S only — includes all Premium Edition content, and early access, along with a 16.5-inch Liu Kang sculpture designed by COARSE and an inspired Liu Kang in-game character skin, three exclusive art prints, a steel case, and 1,450 additional Dragon Krystals (2,700 total).
BASIC INFORMATION
Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, the upcoming game will introduce a reborn Mortal Kombat Universe that has been created by the Fire God Liu Kang, featuring reimagined versions of iconic characters as they’ve never been seen before.​
NetherRealm’s genre-defining Story Mode returns with an immersive cinematic narrative featuring unexpected twists on classic rivalries and original backstories for a wide-ranging cast of legendary fighters, including Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Shang Tsung, Johnny Cage, and many others. Mortal Kombat 1 will also introduce Kameo Fighters, a unique roster of partner characters that can assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players.​
NEW MECHANICS
  • Kameo - MK1 introduces "Kameo fighters", which can be called in for assists and combo extenders, breakers, etc. Some Kameo fighters are part of the main roster of the game.
  • Aerial Kombat returns from MK: Armageddon; each character has strings that can only be used on a airborne opponent

Last edited:

Comments

Status
@Evil Canadian. Have you played Scorpion at all? If so, early thoughts on how he is? Especially relative to the Beta chars like Sub-Zero?
hes scorpion

what ill say is his threat range is generally fantastic, his stand 2 might be the best overall in the game, range is fucking cracked and full combo followups

12f mid, launches on string which is safe which is good

b3 is a fucked up almost full screen low

air teleport keeps height, so no jump back into catching people whiffing a fireball. They only want designated chars to do that now, but ex air teleport is empty and you can jump kick from it

basically, hes an incredible strong neutral character now, and ex hellfire is unblockable like the old days(but doesnt flinch)

oh wow. I pre-ordered the game from Gamestop and I just saw I had a Voice mail that said "This so and so from Gamestop on XYZ road. This message is for Shania Twain...Your MK1 pre-order will be ready for pick up tomorrow morning at 10am. Hope to see you then. Have a great night." I was so nervous I wouldn't get it early or have to wait to pick it up at noon.

Last edited:
there is a LOT broken in frame data, and a bunch of characters dont have all their combo trials, and some combo trials are straight broken

like shao has a combo that the computer can't do when you watch the demo, and mileena has one that can't be completed at all even if you do it right

so patch needed

Rushed to the gamestore to pick up my preorder 8:45am (earliest it can open)... rushed home.. put it in the Ps5 and started the download and update... went to work arriving late and got a mild chewing out, but when I explained it was MKDay1 was forgiven. Wife rang 4 hours latter to tell me eveything was updated and ready to go... but still a day of working ahead!!

Longest day of work in a long time...

LET THE NEW ERA...... BEGIN!

Status