What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Leatherface The MK Chainsaw Massacre: Match-Up Discussion Thread

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Christ, man! They don't give me any meter for getting wreck in Cyrax bomb trap combos. This guy was doing 40% combos and I couldn't get a bar of meter for crap! smh Anybody else witness the crapola Cyrax does?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Same here, except Triborg. Not one variation in particular just.....Triborg.
The only one out of all of them who really makes me work for my fight is Sektor.
I mean, none of them give it to you easy. Smoke's mobility can match Killer's cancels, Butcher's speed, and Pretty Lady's projectiles; Cyber Sub-Zero can be unpredictable to an unsettling degree, especially if he can get drones out; and Cyrax pretty much speaks for himself, although I think PL can give him the hardest time out of all the Face V Borg possible matchups. Sektor on the other hand is a serious threat because his level of screen control means he's inevitably going to control the pace of the match...but not enough so to make it an unwinnable fight.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I believe the MU vs. Jason could be even. Butcher might have a slight advantage though
I believe a leatherface player needs to go pretty lady against a good jason, even if he doesn't use the variation much.
Mr. voorhees is too dangerous up close for butch and killer IMO

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I believe a leatherface player needs to go pretty lady against a good jason, even if he doesn't use the variation much.
Mr. voorhees is too dangerous up close for butch and killer IMO
Pretty Lady would completely destroy Jason.
I was thinking about that too, but I dunno. Can't you try to counter that with Slasher throwing machete or Relentless teleport? I'm not actually sure how fast Leather's throwing chainsaws are, but..

Hidan

I was thinking about that too, but I dunno. Can't you try to counter that with Slasher throwing machete or Relentless teleport? I'm not actually sure how fast Leather's throwing chainsaws are, but..
machete toss is better now, you may give it a try, but if I know something from casually playing Jason 11 months... pretty lady can destroy him (in most occasions)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I friggin' loathe Venomous D'Vorah.

I know that isn't so much a Leatherface problem as it is a damn near everybody problem, but fuck my life while you tie my shoes around my throat if this insect isn't infuriating beyond all logic or reason.

Pretty Lady can shut her down if you can stay out of the corner...hell, none of his variations really desperately struggle against her, but again, I'm not venting for lack of answers, I'm simply driven to the point of fury by this fucking character.
Spray. Spray. Extendo Spray. F2 Spray. B1 Spray. Gonna take a leak Spray. Going to readjust the clutch in my Camaro and make some toast Spray.
Holy fucking frijoles...

Ant perez

PerezGomez
How do you guys feel about the shaolin match up?I've been using butcher but idk how I feel about it lol wanted to get your guys feel on the mu

Hidan

I friggin' loathe Venomous D'Vorah.

I know that isn't so much a Leatherface problem as it is a damn near everybody problem, but fuck my life while you tie my shoes around my throat if this insect isn't infuriating beyond all logic or reason.

Pretty Lady can shut her down if you can stay out of the corner...hell, none of his variations really desperately struggle against her, but again, I'm not venting for lack of answers, I'm simply driven to the point of fury by this fucking character.
Spray. Spray. Extendo Spray. F2 Spray. B1 Spray. Gonna take a leak Spray. Going to readjust the clutch in my Camaro and make some toast Spray.
Holy fucking frijoles...
Hahahahahaha So right even in a funny way

Read below, these may help against D'v too
How do you guys feel about the shaolin match up?I've been using butcher but idk how I feel about it lol wanted to get your guys feel on the mu
Apparently space control is his arena, not ours. Longer pokes, better walk.
You can try staying away, like in DF2's max range and yolo mix him up with either df2 or bf3, just to push him a little to the corner and have him lose his cool.
You can also try baiting him to go zoning and counter with an exdf2 for full combo. In offline his arrows are reactable, I was doing it a few hours ago.

For close range if I remember correctly he doesn't have an armored launcher in this variation, in which case you can abuse df2 after blockstrings. He too may hesitate to waste a breaker or two against butcher restands for some interrupts, he may throw out armor AFTER he blocks df2. That should be convenient because due to the pushback df2 has on block, you can walk back a little and check his actions better before going back in

IMPORTANT NOTE: df2 in the corner leaves butcher in an ideal range where his 6f d3 reaches the opponent

Also his "angle fall" (I don't know what that move is called) is -7, so you can "punish" with dbf1, unless he does a backdash, but then he can't punish back, so win/win

Last note: if his spacing as a player is too good and interrupts any close-in attempt of yours, change variation. Killer with 1 bar gets in whenever he chooses to and pretty lady will infuriate him if you know how to manage it

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Having a lot of difficulty in the Mileena and Shinnok matchups with Killer.

Mileena's mids and zoning are tough to deal with, but not so much of a problem once you finally get in.

Shinnok can play keep away too with hell sparks, and the move he steals makes the match up that more annoying.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
Having a lot of difficulty in the Mileena and Shinnok matchups with Killer.

Mileena's mids and zoning are tough to deal with, but not so much of a problem once you finally get in.

Shinnok can play keep away too with hell sparks, and the move he steals makes the match up that more annoying.
Yep, they are both tough with killer