What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Leatherface The MK Chainsaw Massacre: Match-Up Discussion Thread

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Leatherface is a pretty solid character as of now with crazy reach. All three of his variations are pretty good as of now. Discuss all things related to his MUs here.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
I'm loving Butcher variation right now. I havent touch the other variations yet. I may have to pick up Leatherface's Pretty Lady variation for characters like GM Sub Zero.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
well after loses to every one using Pretty lady i think its time to use other variations , if i still loses then i can quit MK X (of course not)

Pretty lady sucks against Killer Leather face if u let him to close
Pretty lady Sucks against scorpion inferno
Pretty Lady sucks against sektor
Pretty lady Sucks against milena

DONT LET THEM GET TOO CLOSE

today ALL matchs i lost dunno if i was dumb or wtf happens but jeezzz i almost jumped out window

r u guys kickin ass or get ur ass kicked ?

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
well after loses to every one using Pretty lady i think its time to use other variations , if i still loses then i can quit MK X (of course not)

Pretty lady sucks against Killer Leather face if u let him to close
Pretty lady Sucks against scorpion inferno
Pretty Lady sucks against sektor
Pretty lady Sucks against milena

DONT LET THEM GET TOO CLOSE

today ALL matchs i lost dunno if i was dumb or wtf happens but jeezzz i almost jumped out window

r u guys kickin ass or get ur ass kicked ?
i dont think he loses to any of them except maybe sektor, but its a bit early to call on that one. what are you struggling with? he has fast pokes and a good armoured reversal to deal with chars up close. just because your losing vs these ppl its doesnt make it a losing match up

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
i dont think he loses to any of them except maybe sektor, but its a bit early to call on that one. what are you struggling with? he has fast pokes and a good armoured reversal to deal with chars up close. just because your losing vs these ppl its doesnt make it a losing match up

u r right , maybe next time , but rushdown chars can punish Leather strings , use 22 only . But i dunno bruh sometimes things go downhill with pretty Lady.
Using Killer and Butcher more than PL .

gibster13

A fan of fans
PrettyLady
-I have had no issues with zoning pretty much anyone in the cast. If they are close, he is still excellent as well because you can cancel into db2 making it -4(safe) or exdb2 making it +12(plus). He can also end strings in db1(overhead) or db3(low) for a 50/50. Smoke and cyrax are the only issues I have had with him. I would actually say he loses the least amount of match up in pretty lady because his zoning is so strong aswell as have safe or plus pressure. At worst he gets 6-4 imo and people who can be zoned easily it can range to 7-3.

Killer
-a insane variation which can convert into anything with its cancels. In the neutral this variation is strong because of its far normals and berserker stance. Zoners can't really zone him, as can armour through a ton.

Butcher
-vortex, so it's pretty even all around because he can dominate neutral in many match ups.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Butcher has the best corner game imo. His +2 on block jump bop, true 50/50s, command grab, vortex, restands, and damage make him nuts in the corner. Might be my favorite variation. Other two are really good too though.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Pretty Vs killer it feels pretty even maybe actually slightly in Pretty Lady's favor though not much. you can zone him hard with air down saws but he also has options to get through with exbf3 and stance cancels eating projectiles and once he's in its very difficult to get out. Basically feels like a street fighter zoner vs zangief type of match.

f24

Don't F*** with a God
not a leather face player, but I get dominated in the leather face v tremor matchup. particularly against killer. that 68% 2 bar is bonkers

gibster13

A fan of fans
I've only used Pretty Lady against a Smoke. Do you think Killer and Butcher have better chances or Smoke just fucks LFs day up no matter what?
Butcher and Killer stand way more of a chance because you don't have to stay full screen and instead can go in and reset or vortex them to death. I have played a couple of smokes with pretty lady and I would rather drag my balls along shards of glass then do it again.