What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
man, every time i read up on a bug or problem mileena has i start experiencing it more and more lol. this gap in 123 however doesn't seem like something that would be consistently armored through unless the opponent happens to mash something out by dumb luck.

man, every time i read up on a bug or problem mileena has i start experiencing it more and more lol. this gap in 123 however doesn't seem like something that would be consistently armored through unless the opponent happens to mash something out by dumb luck.
Yeah I guess. But it's just fucking shitty luck. Does any other character have this many string gaps?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Yeah I guess. But it's just fucking shitty luck. Does any other character have this many string gaps?
I dont think so, she has i think she has 4 now (a couple variation specific) atm armouring through gaps in strings doesnt happen often but in time as players get better, this will become a problem

Sure it might happen by dumb luck but it shouldn't happen at all.

It doesn't help seeing as 123 is one of her better stagger strings. So spend a match conditioning someone with 12 throw, 12 d3 or 12 21u4 then people will start learning to armour after 12 so say you read that and decide to 123 then unless you've got the range right they can armour through it.

So sure its not the biggest problem, but is another unnecessary problem for a character who has several that should be addressed. There's also the fact that I've experienced it a few times and so have other players so its not like its never going to happen.

Jolt

Uprise
I dont think so, she has i think she has 4 now (a couple variation specific) atm armouring through gaps in strings doesnt happen often but in time as players get better, this will become a problem
By my count, I actually have SEVEN gaps. Eight if we count this. Can't remember if original count included EX sai

EDIT: I'm sure it will be asked, here are my notes:

• B22 (Gap isn’t reactable IMO, but it means you can contest after any b2)

• Only applies to Ravenous, Ethereal, and no variation
  • B34

• b12 1+2

• Piercing and Ravenous only, but even if you don’t utilize the gap the move is -20
  • 21U4

• This is the high, low, overhead that people struggle with. You can backdash or armor before u4
  • f143

• Gap is between f1 and 4, but if you backdash you will be hit by the last hit (overhead, -8)

• f44

• Almost no one utilizes this gap, I almost even forget it exists
  • EX SAI(?!)

• We all knew a single sai could be back dashed, but there’s a gap between the 2 sais

TheGabStandard

By my count, I actually have SEVEN gaps. Eight if we count this. Can't remember if original count included EX sai

• B34

• b12 1+2
    • Piercing and Ravenous only, but even if you don’t utilize the gap the move is -20
  • 21U4
    • This is the high, low, overhead that people struggle with. You can backdash or armor before u4
  • f143

• Gap is between f1 and 4, but if you backdash you will be hit by the last hit (overhead, -8)

• f44
  • EX SAI(?!)
    • We all knew a single sai could be back dashed, but there’s a gap between the 2 sais
Yeah i actually forgot about the ones mainly used in combos but you are right, 8 is the magic number at the moment. I think F143 gap is Piercing only now.

Jolt

Uprise
Yeah i actually forgot about the ones mainly used in combos but you are right, 8 is the magic number at the moment. I think F143 gap is Piercing only now.
It's very possible that it is a Piercing only gap. I compiled the list while in Piercing and forgot to check other variations

Yoaks

A spaceman

• B34

• b12 1+2
  • 21U4
  • f143

• f44
  • EX SAI(?!)
Some characters can't armor through 21u4. Like Kotal or Goro. Guys that I play like Dja Homies and Bdizzle are starting to armor through f44 and it sucks lol.

TheGabStandard

It's very possible that it is a Piercing only gap. I compiled the list while in Piercing and forgot to check other variations
It used to be all but a patch removed the gap in Rav and Ethe but not Piercing.

Some characters can't armor through 21u4. Like Kotal or Goro. Guys that I play like Dja Homies and Bdizzle are starting to armor through f44 and it sucks lol.
That really sucks but i guess it was only a matter of time

I thought I can beat Tanya's Tonfa Strike's double armor with Mileena's EX Roll, but it seems that it can also beat certain XRays. I managed to beat Raiden's in a match, but it was mostly out of luck. To think, all XRays have 3 hits of armor and that's exactly the number of hits in EX Roll, however it still launches somehow. Now I wonder which ones does it beat (obviously those without multi-hit starters) and whether it can be of any use.

TheGabStandard

@RicciFlow I'm sure Tanya's double armour on EX Tonfa Strike was patched out and now only has one hit of armour.

As for Raiden, did he do wake up XRay and you did Ex Roll?

@TheGabStandard, not sure, but I guess no. I know his XRay is slow, but he did it out of neutral, when I was about to attack and he expected that as I recall. I did yolo EX Roll at the same moment (not on reaction) and with multiple sounds of hitting armor it somehow went through and launched him. I labbed it with the same setting and got the same result.

So I didn't know where else to put this, but the recent NRS Patch Strategy thread has got me thinking about just how much better Mileena got from her Version 1 release. People really seem to forget, (or maybe just weren't aware to begin with), just how much WORSE she was. Look at her today compared to before.

VERSION 1
s1 = 14f startup (this is her JAB, lol.)
s2 = 11f startup
s4 = 14f startup
d1 = 11f startup / whiffed point blank
b2 = 19f startup
4,u3 = -unsafe on block / slow
(P)b1,2 = -4 on block / heavy recovery
(P)f1 = negative on block
(P)f1,2 = whiffing gap on certain chars point blank
(R)b1,2,1+3,uu2 = 0 benefit

Telekick = unsafe on HIT
(P) Low Sai = negative on HIT / hit by HIGH projectiles
(E) EX Fade = same frames as regular Fade
X-Ray = only works on ground / major tracking issues

LATEST PATCH
s1 = 11f startup (still slower than most)
s2 = 8f startup
s4 = 11f startup
d1 = 9f startup / no whiff (still slower than most)
b2 = 13f startup / juggles better
4,u3 = +2 on block / faster / special cancel
(P)b1,2 = +2 on block / less recovery. (B1 can juggle as AA now)
(P)f1 = +2 on block
(P)f1,2 = whiffing gap is closed
(R)b1,2,1+3,uu2 = heals about 10% with extension

Telekick = +22 on hit / combos into air sai
(P) Low Sai = +2 on hit / crouch properties
(E) EX Fade = Invincibility on startup / near-instant recovery / allows combos after
X-Ray = also works in air / combos after Telekick / tracking issues reduced (but NOT fixed)

I might have missed a few things, but damn she was bad.
She's still not where she needs to be, especially with the recent bug/glitch/string gap findings. But imagine Ver.1 Mileena trying to stay competitive at this point in the game.

Last edited:

Jolt

Uprise
So I didn't know where else to put this, but the recent NRS Patch Strategy thread has got me thinking about just how much better Mileena got from her Version 1 release. People really seem to forget, (or maybe just weren't aware to begin with), just how much WORSE she was. Look at her today compared to before.

SNIP.
Dude. We were on the same brainwave there. I was looking at some old patch notes and her previous data and all I can say is: WHAT WERE THEY EVEN THINKING?! Like, I think her frames are just depressing now. Then she had to have been almost unusable lmao HOW DID WE USE HER?!

I'm very thankful for the buffs we got. She'd be solid now if we got the pokes we NEED and some of the other characters got normalized just a liiiiiiiiiitle bit. Mileena's a fair character in an unfair game. Just no bueno.

Dude. We were on the same brainwave there. I was looking at some old patch notes and her previous data and all I can say is: WHAT WERE THEY EVEN THINKING?! Like, I think her frames are just depressing now. Then she had to have been almost unusable lmao HOW DID WE USE HER?!

I'm very thankful for the buffs we got. She'd be solid now if we got the pokes we NEED and some of the other characters got normalized just a liiiiiiiiiitle bit. Mileena's a fair character in an unfair game. Just no bueno.
They're only gonna "normalize" characters but so much. It's more about Mileena being able to hang better at this point.
One can only hope.

VERSION 1
s1 = 14f startup (this is her JAB, lol.)
s2 = 11f startup
s4 = 14f startup
d1 = 11f startup / whiffed point blank
b2 = 19f startup
4,u3 = -unsafe on block / slow
(P)b1,2 = -4 on block / heavy recovery
(P)f1 = negative on block
(P)f1,2 = whiffing gap on certain chars point blank
(R)b1,2,1+3,uu2 = 0 benefit

Telekick = unsafe on HIT
(P) Low Sai = negative on HIT / hit by HIGH projectiles
(E) EX Fade = same frames as regular Fade
X-Ray = only works on ground / major tracking issues

LATEST PATCH
s1 = 11f startup (still slower than most)
s2 = 8f startup
s4 = 11f startup
d1 = 9f startup / no whiff (still slower than most)
b2 = 13f startup / juggles better
4,u3 = +2 on block / faster / special cancel
(P)b1,2 = +2 on block / less recovery. (B1 can juggle as AA now)
(P)f1 = +2 on block
(P)f1,2 = whiffing gap is closed
(R)b1,2,1+3,uu2 = heals about 10% with extension

Telekick = +22 on hit / combos into air sai
(P) Low Sai = +2 on hit / crouch properties
(E) EX Fade = Invincibility on startup / near-instant recovery / allows combos after
X-Ray = also works in air / combos after Telekick / tracking issues reduced (but NOT fixed)

I might have missed a few things, but damn she was bad.
She's still not where she needs to be, especially with the recent bug/glitch/string gap findings. But imagine Ver.1 Mileena trying to stay competitive at this point in the game.
Well that's the thing: In general, especially on the internet, people always focus, and often blow out of proportion, the negative.

Like when everyone was freaking on the cancel change to 3,4,3.

As someone who's been playing Ravenous Mileena since launch, her improvements overall are very noticeable to me.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
what jump normal do you guys have the most success with. I normally use j2 and j4 but I haven't explored which ones would be the best and I don't really know how I would go about testing them.

TheGabStandard

what jump normal do you guys have the most success with. I normally use j2 and j4 but I haven't explored which ones would be the best and I don't really know how I would go about testing them.
Never thought about it really in which is best but usually I do

J1 for normal attacks
J2 for cross ups
J3 for cross ups
J4 in combos

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Stahp. SonicFox said Joker was super good as well and... Yeah, we all know how that turned out to be.
He is an amazing player but I hate dickriders that can't have their own opinion. Idgaf if Sonic thonks she is the best in the game, my perspective about her remains the same.

Mileena's Jump 1 is really good. It hits SO FAR DOWN. It's fast enough to snuff most uppercuts and hit certain low profile moves.
I never use jump 3 at all. I just forget that her jumpkicks are different in this game.
I only use jump 2 if i want to combo into F12. (for some reason it feels like it has more hitstun).
Jump 4 has longest reach so I use that if I'm trying to clear a projectile like Jacqui Machine gun or Reptile Slimeball.

How do you guys beat crossups?

Mileena's Jump 1 is really good. It hits SO FAR DOWN. It's fast enough to snuff most uppercuts and hit certain low profile moves.
I never use jump 3 at all. I just forget that her jumpkicks are different in this game.
I only use jump 2 if i want to combo into F12. (for some reason it feels like it has more hitstun).
Jump 4 has longest reach so I use that if I'm trying to clear a projectile like Jacqui Machine gun or Reptile Slimeball.
Hmm didn't know j1 has greater reach in down direction. I usually use j2, and yes it actually has a longer hitstun (24 fr j2 and 13 fr j1) and is good for instant jump ins.

As for kicks, I never felt any difference between them and just got used to j3 because of a little angle towards the ground. Maybe longer reach of j4 offers more benefits, didn't know about that either.

Last edited:

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Hey guys I'm picking up millena cause like the way she moves and anyone is better than kenshi at this point. I'm mainly wondering if I should be learning how to to iafb with her sais or not. I fucking hate iafb after spending 15 hours practicing with kang a few months ago i gave up. It so hard doing them bitches on pad, it's like I need an extensive guide on moving my thumb across the d-pad.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Hey guys I'm picking up millena cause like the way she moves and anyone is better than kenshi at this point. I'm mainly wondering if I should be learning how to to iafb with her sais or not. I fucking hate iafb after spending 15 hours practicing with kang a few months ago i gave up. It so hard doing them bitches on pad, it's like I need an extensive guide on moving my thumb across the d-pad.
It's not that big of a deal if you can't do it. I mainly use it if I think they are going to jump in prediction of a sai but it's not that crucial to her gameplay