However, despite all that
He helped us despite the fact
That he could have layed low
But Low Gun Shots were to slow

To Stop his rampage of updates
To determine top players fates
On whether they made Top 8
And proved they were not flakes.

Thank you M2Dave for your commentary. I really mean that.

You proved a lot about your character today.

#Respect

@General M2Dave

Thank You

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Perhaps in Mortal Kombat X. I like Zod and would not want to use any other character.

Maybe I will travel to TFC and KIT to try again. I took too long of a tournament break before Evolution.

Also, Deathstroke is still a bill.
You are joking about death stroke still right?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You are joking about death stroke still right?
Fools are overreacting to Theo's loss. He played sloppy and did not punish one single blocked low gunshot. Everyone who plays him knows he punishes that overrated move fairly consistently, even online. If you watch the series versus MIT, Theo's timing was clearly off. He tries to punish low gunshots too early and is hit by the second hit many times.

Reactions: Kyu

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Fools are overreacting to Theo's loss. He played sloppy and did not punish one single blocked low gunshot. Everyone who plays him knows he punishes that overrated move fairly consistently, even online. If you watch the series versus MIT, Theo's timing was clearly off. He tries to punish low gunshots too early and is hit by the second hit many times.
MIT played solid but I definitely noticed that.. He kept dashing in instead of trying to punish.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Dave you are my BFF

trufenix

bye felicia
COuldn't have anything to do with the quality of MITs play or Deathstroke's tools, had to be that Theo self destructed. Got it.

It wasn't the sloppiness, he made the wrong reads. Mit made the right reads on knockdown and he made great use of f3 and mb f3.

COuldn't have anything to do with the quality of MITs play or Deathstroke's tools, had to be that Theo self destructed. Got it.
MIT played it perfectly and no one is taking that away from him....but even the commentators recognized that Theo self destructed at the end. Wakeup trident rush anyone?

Also, I don't accept the idea that Theo didn't know the matchup but I found it interesting that a guy who's played online as much as he has seemed to have not encountered the jumping 3 grab mixup gameplan from Deathstroke. There's one guy on live I fight on ranked whose entire gameplan is based around it and its a lot harder to deal with than you think....especially when you can't tech a throw on reaction.

ryublaze

Noob
m2dave's right. Theo didn't punish any low guns with FTD and he wasn't whiff punishing b1u2 after a blocked F3. He also tried to MB B3 after a blocked F3 even though DS's mix-ups are multi hitting strings. Not to take anything away from both players, they're both great players but MIT just played better.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
m2dave's right. Theo didn't punish any low guns with FTD and he wasn't whiff punishing b1u2 after a blocked F3. He also tried to MB B3 after a blocked F3 even though DS's mix-ups are multi hitting strings. Not to take anything away from both players, they're both great players but MIT just played better.
He did actually did attempt to whiff punish some of the b1u2's, but the spacing/timing of that string is at certain ranges is a bit awkward and no one is perfect. The first one that hit him (when he MB B3'd) was the first time MIT used that string in the entire set.

At the end of the day, not that it was Theo's finest hour, but MIT's judicious use of MB F3, jump 3 and throws is primarily what killed him. Malik was winning the footsie game and making better reads.

trufenix

bye felicia
MIT played it perfectly and no one is taking that away from him....but even the commentators recognized that Theo self destructed at the end. Wakeup trident rush anyone?
What is "the end"? You mean after MIT had taken 3.75 life bars from him with no real answer? Sure he made some bad calls, that's when everybody gets desperate.

Nobody saying it wasn't Sonicfox AND Batgirl that felled Pig, why can't we extend the same courtesy to MIT and Stroke? Whys it gotta be Theo's fault somebody finally found a way to beat him?

ryublaze

Noob
He did actually did attempt to whiff punish some of the b1u2's, but the spacing/timing of that string is at certain ranges is a bit awkward and no one is perfect. The first one that hit him (when he MB B3'd) was the first time MIT used that string in the entire set.

At the end of the day, not that it was Theo's finest hour, but MIT's judicious use of MB F3, jump 3 and throws is primarily what killed him. Malik was winning the footsie game and making better reads.
yea only some characters can dash forward and punish it, usually characters with great forward dashes like WW and GA. Not sure about Aquaman though. I think he can do FTD to punish. I used to have a list of how to punish it with every character but I never posted it.

What is "the end"? You mean after MIT had taken 3.75 life bars from him with no real answer? Sure he made some bad calls, that's when everybody gets desperate.

Nobody saying it wasn't Sonicfox AND Batgirl that felled Pig, why can't we extend the same courtesy to MIT and Stroke? Whys it gotta be Theo's fault somebody finally found a way to beat him?
....Did you miss the part where I said "MIT played it perfectly and no one is taking that away from him?"

trufenix

bye felicia
....Did you miss the part where I said "MIT played it perfectly and no one is taking that away from him?"
Did you miss the part where I said what happened at the end is the same thing that happened at the start and middle? Watch the match again, Theo was never in control.

Did you miss the part where I said what happened at the end is the same thing that happened at the start and middle? Watch the match again, Theo was never in control.
Yeah, and that doesn't affect what I'm saying at all. The observation that Theo was falling apart at the end and/or pointing out where he failed to capitalize does not in anyway diminish or lessen MIT's play in the set. MIT won because he played better. It's just a simple analysis of what happened, not an attempt to write off his victory.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Logically speaking, if DS is a bill and Theo lost to the bill with the Top 2 character in the game, then it would have to mean a player of his caliber was playing thatttttttttttt badly.

Or maybe MIT was handling business all EVO, taking Theo out of his game, and DS is a solid character in Injustice.

I rack my brain wondering which one of these is more likely.