What's new

The long stages doesn't do Jacqui any favors.

Terrencify

Jacqui The Feint God
Combine the long stages and even a lot of her own moves knocking the opponent far away, a lot of matches are uphill battles. Hell most times they are knocked away by your own moves farther than superman punch can reach.

But when you get in... you get Round 2 of this fight.

Those feints were godlike lmao he couldn't react to none of them.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Combine the long stages and even a lot of her own moves knocking the opponent far away, a lot of matches are uphill battles. Hell most times they are knocked away by your own moves farther than superman punch can reach.

But when you get in... you get Round 2 of this fight.

I could taste him getting frustrated. You can feel his hands shaking with adrenaline trying to react to those feints lol Holy shit

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
True she has to work to get in but like you say Jacqui is scary up close; her f31 and 1112 feigns are crazy. She and Cassie Cage are the toughest up close. Cassie has the advantage of great zoning and fast advancing mid hit confirmable combo, but slightly less damage and slightly harder hitcomfirms. Jacqui has great meterless damage and braindead easy combos.

Simba

Noob
Once you condition ppl to sit still the world is your oyster with this character. It's so fun watching ppl just scared to do anything and taking the mix ESPECIALLY in a match where she has to work really hard to get in.

Honestly how do you get her F2 ,2 rapidly out, im not getting it at all.
Treat it like a double tap. Just press the button twice as fast as you can. If you played her in MKX it's easier to get out than stanky leg. Just gotta practice it.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
Treat it like a double tap. Just press the button twice as fast as you can. If you played her in MKX it's easier to get out than stanky leg. Just gotta practice it.
It's a little more involved than twice as fast as you can. I play on hitbox and you can't just mash the hell out of 2 and vomit out muay thai shoryuken it's a just frame, it's just not a particularly demanding JF.

I responded in another thread about her DP.

I play pad, I use claw hold when something requires more dexterity. I can get her F22 pretty much every time with claw hold. I cannot do it often using standard hold.

Your middle finger is much easier to do that fast double tap, than the thumb, thumb requires kind of a palm roll to press a button, if you've noticed.

Even on stick, I would probably use middle finger. If you're using American buttons, then I would probably forget it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
End all your clinches with the 1 finish. Perfect Oki.

If you end in 2 or 3 you need to wavedash to land a meaty.
Nah. It's situational.

I end with 1 when I want to setup the folloup midscreen. But if I'm already close to the corner, then I can end with 3 and still be in meaty distance, but get the extra damage. Or if I just want corner carry in general against some characters, I can end in 3.

I end in 2 when it's going to position them closer to the corner. So say I start the combo with f31 with my back to the corner, I'll reverse position at the end with 2 to drop them back into the corner afterwards.

And then you keep in mind how close you are to the KB. But usually doing all these things naturally will give you a good start.