What's new

Match-up Discussion The Keys to Each Match-Up [Online]

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Baraka

MU: 6 / 4

- Don't ever think about trying to jump or cross Baraka over; he has so many options one of them being the auto-correct move "Chop-Chop" that will hit regardless of what side you're facing.

- If you get cornered; your options are fairly limited. Baraka has plus frame attacks which can be devastating. I'd highly suggest armoring out or saving your breaker in case of an emergency.

- Baraka can turn the fight around quickly; you need to bait mistakes. You can pressure him after you crouch block a Blade Charge with 4/4-3~RH but you need to make sure you don't try any direct punishes like 4-3~Lightning or 4-3~Bubble as he has more than enough time to block and punish, however, his Spin is punishable if you crouch block it and you should be able to get off whatever you want.

- I like to mix-up my Roundhouse pressure with a lot of grabs in this match-up.

- This is also the type of match-up (like Raiden and Kenshi) where you want maximum damage as Baraka can be damage if you're pressure with Roundhouse too much or using a lot of Bubble resets. You wanna mix it up in this match-up.

- Out of Bubble resets; I like to pressure with 2-4 directly into 4~RH pressure.

Cyber Sub Zero

MU: ???
- RampaginDragon : We need to do more of these.

Cyrax

MU: 5 / 5

- Save meter; don't ever use meter just to use it. Save it for breakers and always pressure with 4-3~RH cancels/4~RH cancels.

- You can armor out with eX Roundhouse Kick or eX Geyser Kick in-between the Command Grab if your opponent doesn't follow it up with the 2-1-2.

- Use breakers only after Cyrax spends meter.

- Go for maximum damage to force breakers from Cyrax but be ready to pressure and build your own meter when Cyrax has one bar or less.

- Punish every time his chest opens but don't get too frantic and predictable.

Ermac

- I fight more defensive in this fight than I normally would; try to bait mistakes from the other player but if they rush you down -- you better be prepared to get some pressure going and use shielded dashes to get in.

- This match can be won with a good footsie-game and lost just as easily without it. You want to be in Ermac's face and try to get him to stand block on wake-up by baiting him after knockdowns. Once that happens, the whole pace of the fight is in your favor.

- Patience with short spurts of hard-pressure with RH cancels and good pokes if the Ermac player trys to counter pressure you.

Freddy Krueger

MU: 4 / 6

- Another fight where you may want to consider maximum damage. Freddy does not want to be near you and his rushdown requires smart meter use; if you're forcing him to use breakers -- you've got the fight in your favor.

- Don't get cornered. Yeah, you can Teleport out but a good Freddy will be looking for that for you to Teleport and will blow you up almost every time. Be smart and use Teleport but don't be predictable (easier said than done). Use it sparringly and it can help you especially if he gets you in a "Sweet Dreams" corner set-up.

Jade

-

Jax

MU: 4.5 / 5.5

- This is such a strange fight in that you really have to choose between saving for breakers and being opportunistic with shielded dashes for counter bursts.

- D+4 his Ground Pound to avoid it. It's strange but it'll make you avoid it completely so instead of trying a special attack -- stand up and D+4.

- Block low often and whatever you do; do not get cornered!

- Don't even think about crossing-over or jumping in this match; a good Jax player will make you pay every time.

Johnny Cage

- Save meter for either breakers or eX Roundhouse Kick/Armored Dashes; it's your only saving grace in this match-up since Rain's D+3 is negative on hit.

- I would advise to never get into the habit of jumping. Johnny Cage can end a round with one ill-timed jump into AA jabs to Nutpunch resets.

- Play smart and conservatively. Make him respect your options and don't get too comfortable with Roundhouse pressure as most Cages like to interrupt your pressure by eX Nutpunch'ing when you delay your Roundhouse.

- Be ready to let Roundhouse Kicks fly in this match-up. Don't hold back! If the Cage player notices you're not going to let go of the RH in your pressure, he's going to start trying to poke out or eX Nutpunch into a block-string. Make him respect the Roundhouse Kick inside of your pressure.

Kabal

MU : 3.5 / 6.5

- Put your controller down unless your name is @A Foxy Grandpa ; seriously, help me out here!

Kano

- Nobody plays Kano anymore so don't worry.

Kenshi

MU: 3 / 7

- Smarrgasm BookBurning MK Kobra (I need your help!)

Kitana

-

Kung Lao

-

Liu Kang

-

Mileena

-

Nightwolf

-

Noob Saibot

-

Quan Chi

-

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
Raiden

-

Reptile

-

Scorpion

-

Sektor

-

Sheeva

MU: 7 / 3

-

Sindel

-

Skarlet

-

Smoke

MU: 5.5 / 4.5

-

Sonya Blade

-

Stryker

-

Sub Zero

-

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
It's incomplete, at the moment but this can be used to post helpful tips and strategies for each match-up. I put "online" because I rarely play offline so my advice applies to online only really.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
It's incomplete, at the moment but this can be used to post helpful tips and strategies for each match-up. I put "online" because I rarely play offline so my advice applies to online only really.
It'd make a little more sense if you already had a little bit down wouldn't it?

Not tryna flame you or anything.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
It'd make a little more sense if you already had a little bit down wouldn't it?

Not tryna flame you or anything.
Yeah, obviously.
I should have the majority of what I have to offer up by tomorrow. I feel like this is a lot more helpful than just saying "Well that's a 6-4 match-up because blah blah blah."

I got caught up in the middle of something whilst making the first post.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Yeah, obviously.
I should have the majority of what I have to offer up by tomorrow. I feel like this is a lot more helpful than just saying "Well that's a 6-4 match-up because blah blah blah."

I got caught up in the middle of something whilst making the first post.
Yea, I wanna make one of these for Liu tbh. It is better than a MU chart. (well in theory, as I haven't seen yours)

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I've updated just a little bit. I never thought how useless my advice is in some of these fights. I really need help from other Rain players who are much better than myself (Shout-outs to: MK Kobra BookBurning Smarrgasm Abtin Brownie)

Keep in mind that I'm just an online scrub pretty much, I've never participated in an offline tournament nor do I have the required insight to say 100% that my strategies would work in that given setting (note: why it says "Keys to Each Match: ONLINE").

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
BodamEscapePlan, I have a new account as of like 2 days ago. The tag is Risible Dragon. I'll send you a FR.

We can play it out. I like what you have going here. I hope it grows. As for the Cyber Sub-Zero vs. Rain MU, I feel like its 5-5. The only real advantage CSZ has over Rain is that he is so much more mobile. But since neither of them can really zone effectivly against eachother, there is no reason to run away. Rain should be looking to armor out of 21 pressure and also should know he can armor in between the 21(interupt here)1+2 string. And should also be looking to punish Ice parry with 3 roundhouse or 4 roundhouse. But CSZ has the same option. He can parry or EX parry you RHC pressure, hence why I believe the MU is 5-5. But we'll play it out regardless.

And MU's don't change from offline to online.Online and offline are not "two completely different games" like some people would let you believe.

Abtin

My soul is yours?
if you are playing online the only thing you need to do is learn how to anti air lol...because for some reason people jump so fuckin much online even the some good players as soon as they get online they start jumping.

CYBER SUB:
( please correct me and i will edit it)

1.don't go bear shit on this guy, he can parry you so just get in, do a cancel or grab and get out or at the very least try to down poke or Armour cancel ( 43 EX RH) so you don't get blown and poke him out of his parry .since i mentioned down pokes try to put more d4 in you pressure cuz if it hits you are at advantage and they cant jump cuz they get hit by the next cancel and if they block the d4, its neutral. you can even attempt a grab on hit.

2.the dive kick is punishable ( tnx to the community for helping me) just dash forward and do 4 RH

3. teleport is fully punishable so dont just stand there either d1 or standing 1 or 4

4. according to RIO he gets a free combo if he has two bars ( withe EX bomb and EX ice ray )

5. correct me if im wrong but i think you can role away or do a invincible wake up to avoid the u4 reset but the thing is that he can predict it and punish you for it ( kinda like jax ground pound)

6. this is just me but i usually block low since he has a low combo starter and you can block high or reaction to his mid hitting string,

7. sometimes they do two parries in a row so just remember that.

these are the thing on the top of my mind ( i only payed pig ONCE and then the third game his xbox fried)

ERMAC:
1. i never seen anyone but me do this (im not saying im good or anything maybe they haven't had the chance to do it) but i usually do a random lift at the end of 312 so they stop poking me out or if they are poke happy after 31 i life there instead. so i just take the risk

2. PLEASE DONT JUMP for the love of god he has a 68% anti air

3. after the tele he might get close to you and charge up b2 so dont get up as soon as he knocked you down cuz you will get hit by that b2 (and then you are knocked up , get it? ) but he might also cancel it to a d3 ( it is negative on block but will otg you) or just stand there bating your wakeup.

4. he has plus frames after f2 ( i might lift again) but i think you can d1, specially if your name is kitana :|

5. dont jump at him after a u4 or you will get uppercut and lifted afterwards

6. after f4 he might grab you or lift or do anther string, just keep in mind

7.forceblast IS 0 on block but the push back makes it difficult to get in sometimes and his force push might come out first so
dont jump just poke again if you are kitana or reptile dont worry but rain can d1, just be careful

KITANA:
bookburning got this :)
http://testyourmight.com/threads/a-guide-to-rain-by-book-burning-incomplete.15672/

RIO also is a nice person:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/how-to-fight-against-kitana.15723/

but for the record you can punish the air move she does where she hits you with her back (so sorry i forgot the name and the input) with d1 to 43 bubble, also MAKE SURE you punish her f2,1 i punish it with b2,2+1 cuz it has good reach but thats just me

Flagg

Noob
I think Rain/CSZ is quite even. Don't know why people talk about CSZ teleport, because only a maniac would teleport with CSZ to avoid something or try and get in.

I think you play Rain down. You have a lot of bad match ups for him.

Abtin

My soul is yours?
no we all know that rain struggles against zoners; kitana, kabal ( who doesn't struggle against this fucker) noobsaibot, kenshi and so on
but close up he is a beast, because of the safe pressure and the ability to mind fuck the opponent.
but since you mentioned, how is Quan Vs. rain a 5 Vs. 5 his only good poke is the upercut, are you referring to his 30% + unbreakable damage? or the super armor on the ex tele?
rain is meter dependent but not against uncle Quan ( or im just a scrub that doesn't know anything lol ) even if you do eat the EX trance its not like cyrax losing bars which means the poor guy cant do his 80% reset :|
please someone enlighten me?