What's new

Strategy How to fight against Kitana

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Good video. You explained the key to Kitana's offense, she blows you up for counter poking, forcing you to jump out, continue blocking or use slower longer range moves. A lot of people still don't get this. I get so many messages complaining about the "priority" of moves like f+2,1 but it's simply that I've set her up in range to punish their whiffed pokes.

EX Ass armor is only active as she flies across not as she goes up so you can still blow her up the same as regular.

Dude most people don't even read all the frame data somberness posts. just whats advantage and the execution.
its like pushback, range, traveling, and even recovery is irrelevant to most everyone

Is every character getting these or just the ones that appear in most tournaments?
It'd be nice if he went through some of the underused characters, such as Baraka, to see if he can find any useful tools most people overlook...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Nice, haha, Kitana Exposed, Now lets see how manny players will deal against her, or if someone will change tatics
I loved how REO said, "this video, will be covering Kitana A.K.A PUTANA because she is a Bitch"
Hahahahahaha, now i wonder if REO can speak portuguese or spanish ^^

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Good shit reo, even this is all familiar to me by watching CD fights a million times, I actually never get the MU experiance against good kitana players, I just turtle and blow up their random F2 starter as I couldn't be bothered with their constant online d1 bullshit.

Espio

Kokomo
This is great, I struggle against Kitana and I shouldn't with Jade and Stryker, mostly because of trying to counter poke at the wrong times and such, really helpful info. Kitana seems so tricky to fight, but this breakdown helps immensely:).

REO

Undead
Glad you guys found this video helpful. There's still a LOT of things I have to cover, though. So look out for Part 2 which should be up soon.

Good video. You explained the key to Kitana's offense, she blows you up for counter poking, forcing you to jump out, continue blocking or use slower longer range moves. A lot of people still don't get this. I get so many messages complaining about the "priority" of moves like f+2,1 but it's simply that I've set her up in range to punish their whiffed pokes.

EX Ass armor is only active as she flies across not as she goes up so you can still blow her up the same as regular.
So the wake-up invincibility doesn't cover her until she gets her armor? Interesting. She is more free on wake-up than I originally thought then. I'll correct that in the second part. Thanks.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So the wake-up invincibility doesn't cover her until she gets her armor? Interesting. She is more free on wake-up than I originally thought then. I'll correct that in the second part. Thanks.

Yup, it's effectively no different than regular as a wakeup move. :(

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Yup, it's effectively no different than regular as a wakeup move. :(
When I play with Kitana, which is really just casually, if I'm desperate to get out of the corner I'll do D1 EX Ass. Seems to be effective enough. Is there a notable speed difference between the two?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
When I play with Kitana, which is really just casually, if I'm desperate to get out of the corner I'll do D1 EX Ass. Seems to be effective enough. Is there a notable speed difference between the two?

Nope.