What's new

Tech - Kenjutsu The Kenjutsu Anti-Wakeup (Oki) Thread

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I've been a little hesitant to share some of this because I haven't completely finished testing against all characters and scenarios, but I do plan on (eventually) finding all the ways this variation can beat every character's wakeup. Down below is a few good examples of either breaking or avoiding armor. If anyone has a better oki option than any of what I post below, feel free to share or let me know.

Raiden:
D4 and Standing 1 cancelled into Parry can beat out all of Raiden's armor options except for Vicinity Burst and Sparkport after a DF1 ender (you just have to walk/run forward a little). You can also armor break all of Raiden's options except sparkport, with a meaty B1. Keep in mind that Standing 1 will whiff if the opponent does not wakeup.

Mileena:
I found the best way to deal with Mileena's Wakeups are either Dash after DF1 and then use a crossover J1 and follow up with B1 for a combo, or just use B1 to armor break if you've mastered the timing. Trying to parry against this character's wakeups doesn't seem like very good idea.

Quan Chi:
After ending with DF1, Kenshi can dash forward and Use his NJP to beat all wakeups. Reflecting Quans wakeups doesn't work very well because they are either very slow, or a low (Warlock).

Kotal Khan:
Against War God's Overhead Sword Smash wakeup you can either use a poke into double parries, or Armor Break the wakeup with B1 after using DF1 as an ender. You can also use the Dash forward into crossover Jump 1 to avoid it, but I find the Parry option to be the most effective.

Erron Black:
I'm not sure if anyone else knew this, but you can actually reflect Outlaw's Sand Throw, and if you used D4 or S1 to poke the armor, you can stun him with his own Wakeup. However, Erron's Slide Shots special move is a low and since Kenshi can't parry lows, it makes wakeup parrying against this character somewhat risky. You can also break all of Erron's armor with B1, or just use Dash into NJP after a DF1.

I think that about does it for now. I plan on updating the thread with more characters in the future, and any feedback would be apprectiated.

Listing the kenshi players here
@Immortal @Pig Of The Hut @DarksydeDash @Zabru @MrProfDrPepper my fellow Lasher player.

(I still don't know enough Kenshi Players). :DOGE

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
This looks promising, Ill check it out tomorrow after class. Nothing better than making your opponent come off a bar, good work.

Thinking about picking up Kenjutsu and this most certainly will help in the process. Looking forward to watch it later. Thanks.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
This is really cool. The meaty B1 armor break is something I don't see often, most Kenshi players prefer ending with either slam or toss.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
After df1 KD you can actually check your opponent with d3 after running similiar to Takeda oki. Slower WKA (i believe slower than i13) can be blocked and anything except backdash will be interrupted.
It works with D4 as well and you can cancel any of these pokes into Reflect to cancel out the opponent's armor on a read. However, if the poke hits and you cancel into reflect, then the situation is awkwardly reset to the neutral.