What's new

Strategy - Jason Voorhees The Jason Armor Discussion Thread

Whackojack

Noob Saibot is BACK!
Not sure if this helps, but if you end your armor kombo in Xray (personally I only really use meter for breakers on jason(relentless)) it cancels the negative effect of the armor.

So typically if I have Xray early in the round I'll throw up my armor and and hits i get I'll end with an Xray. If it's late in the round and I feel like I can finish the round before my armor is up is another scenario I'll use the armor.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like jason has too many options in Relentless to make his sleep safe

Last edited:

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Not sure if this helps, but if you end your armor kombo in Xray (personally I only really use meter for breakers on jason(relentless)) it cancels the negative effect of the armor.

So typically if I have Xray early in the round I'll throw up my armor and and hits i get I'll end with an Xray. If it's late in the round and I feel like I can finish the round before my armor is up is another scenario I'll use the armor.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like jason has too many options in Relentless to make his sleep safe
I typically use the armor if i have 2 bars, I use 1 bar for the ex bf2 combo ender or for a breaker if i miss my opportunity

Agilaz

It has begun

I play Relentless too, and it does seem like there's no good way to minimize the sleep window. Best I've got is in the corner, where you can end a combo in b31+3, which throws them at the other end of the screen. This does get them out of the corner however, and teleporters can still hassle you. It's especially the latter that annoys me, since Jason doesn't exactly have a tough time carrying people into corners. Alternatively, perhaps ex air grab? It's a hard knockdown, so it could potentially help against certain characters.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
NOTE: the armor Lasts about 7 seconds Real time give or take a a tenth of a second. So probably about 3/3.5 in game time. Use this as a measure in situations

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Here's how I look at the tech, I do apolygise in advance I rant on alot in my videos, the reason for this is because I try to get people thinking about all the options that might be possible to help develope any tech I work with.
Also sometimes I try to explain different situations as alot of tech can change from different situations, and of course finally because of more casual players trying to learn a character may need more explanation, in either case enjoy.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
i think the only good times to use armor are with the plan to land xray or to finish out the round
THIS GUY GETS IT.
The armour is easily a trash move mid match, you're bound to be giving someone a free combo without ending in X-ray or being full screen against a certain amount of the cast while launching Machetes (which kind of negates having the armour though)

infamy23

FireBeard
I don't want to sh*t on your efforts but there is already 3 threads on this exact same topic. Not to mention most of the stuff you've claimed in this video are incorrect.

Nobody with a brain is going to wake up slide when they can clearly see that you've activated Killing Machine, so your X-Ray setup will only work on complete noobs or people who know absolutely nothing about Jason.

And you stated numerous times that his charge is the only way to combo safely into the cooldown. But there has been at least 2 videos posted here showing that you can combo into EXBF2 and you are completely safe to every reversal in the game (away from the corner of course).

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I don't want to sh*t on your efforts but there is already 3 threads on this exact same topic. Not to mention most of the stuff you've claimed in this video are incorrect.

Nobody with a brain is going to wake up slide when they can clearly see that you've activated Killing Machine, so your X-Ray setup will only work on complete noobs or people who know absolutely nothing about Jason.

And you stated numerous times that his charge is the only way to combo safely into the cooldown. But there has been at least 2 videos posted here showing that you can combo into EXBF2 and you are completely safe to every reversal in the game (away from the corner of course).
I know there are threads, but this is a complete guide on it.
I'm sorry you couldn't pick up on the text above the video but I did say things change and I did briefly mention in the video that people wont just wake up always so you'd have to run in or sit back it's up to you, having armour just allows you to run up to them free of charge so it's no hastle don't worry, a good player will find a way to force this upon his opponent he wont just give up because he didn't get to punish a wakeup.

I'd like to see those videos because i've seen no one do that? like you can legit not be punished for falling asleep for a solid 3 seconds or so.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy

Never mind I found it, yeah I kind of went over this stuff, the combo like that wouldn't really work in all situations as you would drag them over using the first part of the setup leaving them too close to the corner to get the distance from that anyway and next to that the guy didn't even have reversal on.
Not sure if i'm missing one where they have it on but in the situation I explained you'd be in the corner so you couldn't really get that distance before you fell asleep i'm afraid :(

infamy23

FireBeard
I know there are threads, but this is a complete guide on it.
I'm sorry you couldn't pick up on the text above the video but I did say things change and I did briefly mention in the video that people wont just wake up always so you'd have to run in or sit back it's up to you, having armour just allows you to run up to them free of charge so it's no hastle don't worry, a good player will find a way to force this upon his opponent he wont just give up because he didn't get to punish a wakeup.

I'd like to see those videos because i've seen no one do that? like you can legit not be punished for falling asleep for a solid 3 seconds or so.
The problem here is that you're talking as if there's a chance that someone will do a wakeup in this situation. What I'm telling you is that there is zero chance of that happening. As soon as the charge hits your opponent, he will visually confirm that you've activated Killing Machine and he will not do a wakeup because he knows it will be absorbed.

After you accept this fact, you have to ask yourself, why would you ever activate Killing Machine in this situation, when you know you will be punished?

Staying at full screen throwing machetes will not work either, because this is a flat 7 second buff, and your opponent will just count to 6 and then jump over the last machete and destroy you with a full combo.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
The problem here is that you're talking as if there's a chance that someone will do a wakeup in this situation. What I'm telling you is that there is zero chance of that happening. As soon as the charge hits your opponent, he will visually confirm that you've activated Killing Machine and he will not do a wakeup because he knows it will be absorbed.

After you accept this fact, you have to ask yourself, why would you ever activate Killing Machine in this situation, when you know you will be punished?

Staying at full screen throwing machetes will not work either, because this is a flat 7 second buff, and your opponent will just count to 6 and then jump over the last machete and destroy you with a full combo.
There's always a chance at everything, nothing is certain in life my friend, if we're talking tournament players even those guys choke and make some silly mistakes, in any case you don't even need to bait any wakeups you now have free armour to simply charge them if you're confident to catch them you can definitely land your X-Ray from most strings and get something from it, or like i said just back away, yeah your opponent could count out each second and sometimes you have to accept it, if anyone elses tech using this move is viable but mine isn't there's a problem with your judgement.
You need to open up and accept that shit happens, it may or may not work how in you intended it too, but it's now out there for people to learn and for people to attempt once in a while.

Your main problem is you're saying "a good player wont" but you're forgetting a good player will hunt down his opponent when he can, just because you didn't get it free doesn't mean you can't still get something worth while from it, I've already said in the video that the armour on your special moves does alot for you anyway and that the special move "Killing Machine" isn't all that great if that makes this easier for you, don't fret about what your opponent can do and worry about what you should do when doing this.

infamy23

FireBeard
Well, it's clear that you don't actually want to discuss this tech, since you are refusing to listen to reason.

All I can say is, go ahead and try that stuff against anyone who isn't a noob.

If I'm playing reptile, and a Jason player hits me with BF3xxDD4, I am not pressing a button for the next 7 seconds. The only "shit" that is gonna happen, is you are going to eat a huge combo for activating that move in such a silly situation.

kevkopdx

Noob
Well, it's clear that you don't actually want to discuss this tech, since you are refusing to listen to reason.

If I'm playing reptile, and a Jason player hits me with BF3xxDD4, I am not pressing a button for the next 7 seconds. The only "shit" that is gonna happen, is you are going to eat a huge combo for activating that move in such a silly situation.
lol at that last sentence and agree with everything

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Well

I get to walk up to you then I'm just saying you're too negative, you defend everyone else who activates it pretty much the same way but mine is pointless hmmm

Hey guys.

I noticed that if i do Pursuit, and then do Armor a bit later, as soon as the Pursuit ends, jasons armor ends at the same time, even if 7 seconds didn't pass.
It's the same the other way around.

I was playing around with the setups, nice to see your finds!

infamy23

FireBeard
Well

I get to walk up to you then I'm just saying you're too negative, you defend everyone else who activates it pretty much the same way but mine is pointless hmmm
Ah I see why I've offended you.

Nah bro, none of us have figured out a way to activate this move safely. The video I posted earlier today was just to show that you can combo into the cooldown safely. I'm not defending anyone or trying to insult you, I'm just pointing out that we've already gone over this stuff in the other threads, and everyone has pretty much agreed that it's not worth the massive risk that you're taking.

My personal feelings on this move, is that you should only use it in the corner, by somehow comboing into DD4 and setting up a 50/50. I haven't discovered a good way to do it yet, but when someone does figure it out, you'd be using the buff to remove all possibility of an armored wakeup, creating a true 50/50 that leads into 40-50% damage.

Even then, it would only be worth it if you have 3 bars for X-Ray, or if you know the following combo after the 50/50 would kill your opponent. Any other situation and it's not worth the risk.

Maybe someone will find an amazing way to utilize this. I hope so. But that's why we have these discussions.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Yeah
Ah I see why I've offended you.

Nah bro, none of us have figured out a way to activate this move safely. The video I posted earlier today was just to show that you can combo into the cooldown safely. I'm not defending anyone or trying to insult you, I'm just pointing out that we've already gone over this stuff in the other threads, and everyone has pretty much agreed that it's not worth the massive risk that you're taking.

My personal feelings on this move, is that you should only use it in the corner, by somehow comboing into DD4 and setting up a 50/50. I haven't discovered a good way to do it yet, but when someone does figure it out, you'd be using the buff to remove all possibility of an armored wakeup, creating a true 50/50 that leads into 40-50% damage.

Even then, it would only be worth it if you have 3 bars for X-Ray, or if you know the following combo after the 50/50 would kill your opponent. Any other situation and it's not worth the risk.

Maybe someone will find an amazing way to utilize this. I hope so. But that's why we have these discussions.
yeah that is fair enough someone in another thread said that it's really only good as a finisher and I agree it's pretty much the only time I attempted to use it

I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere but if someone combo breaks while armored up Jason will lose his armor

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Doesn't look like Kenshi can punish you when you fall asleep even mid command grab. (Relentless)

Last edited: