What's new

The Injustice 2 Growing Pains Thread (ONLINE/OFFLINE)

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
So by now, we should all know the ins and outs of controller settings, and "Negative Edge" and "Input Shortcuts" and blah, blah, blah... If you don't know what I'm talking about, check, because it affects your control over your character. Also, If you're playing online the delay (however small) WILL screw up your timings and confirms!

However; This thread isn't (mostly) about that. This thread is about what we need to improve, what we need to practice more, and what we kick ourselves for doing. This is "growing pains" people. Personal screw ups that we have to get past to "GIT GUD", and the salt that follows every road bump.

Let me give you some examples:

I play Atrocitus alright? If I have trait online and cat out, I have to press the trait button when I've caught someone with blood puddle, and then I get a combo. But I can't press it right away! I have to wait until the opponent is at the very tippy-top of their blood-nado ascent, then press the trait button for blood-ball, and THEN combo. If I do it too early I'll drop it.

If I don't have trait online, and I want to combo from blood-nado, I gotta meter burn it and B3. But sometimes I'll meter burn it, forgetting that I have the dumb cat out already, and burning a bar for no reason. OR, I'll meter burn and trait ball at the same time, burning a bar AND DROPPING the friggin' combo!

Other times I make simple mental mistakes, like traiting up full screen away from Aquaman, or 3/4 of the screen away from Black Adam, and I get punished severely!

Feel free to share your screw-ups and don't be shy. It's like that Michael Jackson song "You are not alone".

Please correct me if I am wrong. But I was playing vs Darkseid, and I kept blocking lasers, and dashing in. (You know, like vs superman)

But I think his frame data is different. I kept eating lasers every dash. Had to start walking instead. (maybe internet lag, but it happened so consistently I felt like I was doing something wrong)

CantingSoup

In the two online matches I played, I noticed my self trying to spam Cold's S1 which is 9 frames. I can also use the help on how to set up my lab sessions correctly (normals, specials, combos, trait, and defense against the opponent). I will turn off input and button shortcuts, so that should help with execution.

Last edited:

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I keep playing Injustice 2 like it's MKXL: Stagger your opponent, catch him tapping, mix him up with throws, chip damage, etc. So far, people online just mash through the staggers with D2. Getting used to the pushback and lower throw reach is also a hard adjustment for me. I'm a rushdown fool at heart, but, I enjoy the stagger, pressure, and plus frame mindgames, and I'm having some difficulty adjusting to Injustice 2 pressure.

I keep playing Injustice 2 like it's MKXL: Stagger your opponent, catch him tapping, mix him up with throws, chip damage, etc. So far, people online just mash through the staggers with D2. Getting used to the pushback and lower throw reach is also a hard adjustment for me. I'm a rushdown fool at heart, but, I enjoy the stagger, pressure, and plus frame mindgames, and I'm having some difficulty adjusting to Injustice 2 pressure.
Yeah, i've definitely tried to end juggles with holds, like this was mk.