What's new

The Injustice 2 Gameplay World Premiere Trailer

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
i hope we get more reveals soon, dont know if this is a relevant number but my gamefly shows Injustice 2 available for rent on 12-31-2017 which im sure is a later date than release, but could give a general estimation date of when "if we dont have one yet."
The "12/31/___" date is always the placeholder date when they haven't got an official one. It will most likely be out in April, as that is their pattern. MK9, Injustice:GAU and MKX all had the "12/31/___" release date until there was an official one.

Last edited:
Looks lush - cannot wait. Thinking of swapping MKX out now for IGAU, I'm that indifferent towards MKX. Does IGAU still have a decent player base on PS4?

The latest generation of NR games have all hit in May (I think..) - but hoping this one might come a little sooner. Sooner the better anyway. Looking good!

TamedLizard

Buff George
Yeah about that Super Girl teleport....

Not sure if it's mentioned or not, but could that just be a parry?

This game is about to be hell for MK players with b2b and multiple side switching specials if that is not a parry lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDM

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual

This game is about to be hell for MK players with b2b and multiple side switching specials if that is not a parry lol.
Looks pretty clear to me that she used the telepunch in the neutral. So I'm sure it's just basically like Scorpion's.

I don't think it's necessarily going to be a problem. Just needs to be fully punishable. It's all in the frame data.

But if back-to-block is in fact what we have, then yeah, telepunch is basically going to be another form of mixup.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Looks pretty clear to me that she used the telepunch in the neutral. So I'm sure it's just basically like Scorpion's.

I don't think it's necessarily going to be a problem. Just needs to be fully punishable. It's all in the frame data.

But if back-to-block is in fact what we have, then yeah, telepunch is basically going to be another form of mixup.
Only watched the trailer once but just watched it again. I think you're right. Definitely looks like a special. I thought I remembered her teleporting when that projectile entered her collision region, hence parry, but I see now she teleported before the projectile even reaches her side of the screen.

E3 can't come soon enough. This trailer was good and all, but I'm dying to know more about this gear system and how it's implemented. As well as which mechanics carried over from IGAU and MKX. Like run or dash, walk speeds, unblockable(?) interactables, b2b/r2?, ect.

Stages look more similar to MKX than IGAU to me. Pertaining to size, anyway.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Hopefully they keep the down to block low in both directions mechanic, it was really cool and assuming its unsafe, wouldnt even make it an issue

JDM

Noob
That supergirl teleport really worries me. Holyyy shit you'd think they would have learned...

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele

That does not look like a parry to me, it looks like a teleport attack.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh shit haha
Yeah, you don't see a lot of b2b games that have teleports that are also attacks for that reason. Scorpion was a huge problem when he was released for Injustice, before they nerfed him into oblivion. You could hold "down" and it counted as blocking both left and right, but it was a pain in the ass.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
The "12/31/___" date is always the placeholder date when they haven't got an official one. It will most likely be out in April, as that is their pattern. MK9, Injustice:GAU and MKX all had the "12/31/___" release date until there was an official one.
sounds legit :)

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Because IGAU uses back-to-block instead of a block button. If a teleport switches sides then obviously "back" becomes forward very quickly, making it potentially hard to block a telepunch.
this is what i hated, the B2B just got on my nerves, and it was to unnatural to me.