What's new

The Infamous "Bones in his Hat/Red Dragon Fatality" Discussion

I'd like to put this issue to rest once and for all, but I haven't had the time to accurately research it yet so I thought I'd ask for some help.

Currently, MAME data lists the 4.2(?) bootleg of Mortal Kombat II as having a "Bones in his hat" fatality, and a "Red Dragon" fatality for Kung Lao and Liu Kang respectively. Not a single person in existence has ever claimed to see either of these, nor is there any documented proof. So we either need to find out how to do them, or remove them from the MAME database's changelist.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if they did exist, Johnny getting full time red shadow moves could have involved changing a related value that would theoretically change Liu Kang's dragon as well under certain conditions - I imagine the "Bones in his Hat" fatality would require more work than seemingly necessary, however.

bulldawg said:
Ive often wondered about this aswell.
I don't know about Red Dragon but some guy told me that he saw a Kang's Dragon glitchy fatality like this and i have recreated it in the photoshop so that everyone could see what he meant

Reverse Dragon's Fatality

This is actually just a myth, i mean MAME.... hah
ALL GLITCHES have been FOUND FINALLY damn!
But i found new nice Glitch about Kintaro's Teleport stomp though LOL! I'll show this shit in my next video, coming soon... LOOK AT THIS SHIT, Cage is stuck!

LOL, awesome comon.

When MK2 first came out on the SNES I had a computer game magazine with moves lists for MK2. This included fatalities. I'm sure they had printed a combination for kung lao and a bones in hat fatality but I could never get it to work. The magazine was always a bit dodgy on the info they gave so it doesn't surprise me that it was a load of crap.