What's new

Strategy The Importance of the 10f punisher into Launcher

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Just to remind out there on every living Skarlet player, that:
1~rd~:exus is your faster punisher because the startup is 10f.

- You can get very good damage from full combo, you can reset but i would advice go for full combos (you can get 40% from it and 36% at the minimum from full combos).
- You can punish moves that are -12 on block.
- You can Punish moves that in certain situations you would only get 114 or 112 to hit.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Honestly, i found more reliable f4 (like some of you advised). Standing one was total failure for me though am used to standing 1's as AA.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If only it hid mid...
Honestly, i found more reliable f4 (like some of you advised). Standing one was total failure for me though am used to standing 1's as AA.
lol, you guys cry a lot hahaha.

if you catch them on their recovery frames there is no way they'll crouch, i've been punishing the most uncommon nearly safe on block stuff this game has with it with no problem, specially:
KL low hat on block
Reptile's Dash
Jax Dash punch (Duck, stand up and punish before he recovers)
Jax, F4~Ovehead Smash
Ermac's Tkp
Dumbstrings that F4 or B1 can't punish
Kabal's NDC's Game lol
Skarlet's teleport

Saltea Moonspell

All I had in mind that standing one not as good as it seems on surface - we got the 10f move but i feel like the hitbox is really small on it. Its not like AA with Shang, Jax, Cage or other characters. I'd say it is very close to CSZ's standing one. Though It one big advantage over f4 - its safe in a way that if opponent teleports in the air to the other side (Cyrax) we can still react. If the f4 whiffs we are fucked.

I agree with you on the other things you said Ed :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
All I had in mind that standing one not as good as it seems on surface - we got the 10f move but i feel like the hitbox is really small on it. Its not like AA with Shang, Jax, Cage or other characters. I'd say it is very close to CSZ's standing one. Though It one big advantage over f4 - its safe in a way that if opponent teleports in the air to the other side (Cyrax) we can still react. If the f4 whiffs we are fucked.
All Skarlet GOOD AA's have to be used on read, this implies U3, Uppercut, F4 and iaD, all others that we use on reaction are pure shit IMO.

RedRaptor10 says he can use D1 with no problem, i honestly the only Skarlet player i've seen using this consistently was Mosp sometime ago, now i don't even know if he still uses.
Maybe its because Red plays online so he must have master this move better, i hardly hit someone with d1 on crossup unless they jump at point blank range.

Standing 1 sucks for AA, but is fast, so mastering at all cost is required, other than that, i rather punish moves that i can punish on read than use 114~EDC~blockstring which would be around 20% where you could get at least 43% and win the round or match, without counting that the full combo itself is meter building and should build exactly 41% of meter for 1 bar, with 1 blocked string once they get back up your spent meter is regained like nothing.

Mosp

Noob
All Skarlet GOOD AA's have to be used on read, this implies U3, Uppercut, F4 and iaD, all others that we use on reaction are pure shit IMO.

RedRaptor10 says he can use D1 with no problem, i honestly the only Skarlet player i've seen using this consistently was Mosp sometime ago, now i don't even know if he still uses.
Maybe its because Red plays online so he must have master this move better, i hardly hit someone with d1 on crossup unless they jump at point blank range.

Standing 1 sucks for AA, but is fast, so mastering at all cost is required, other than that, i rather punish moves that i can punish on read than use 114~EDC~blockstring which would be around 20% where you could get at least 43% and win the round or match, without counting that the full combo itself is meter building and should build exactly 41% of meter for 1 bar, with 1 blocked string once they get back up your spent meter is regained like nothing.
I still use d1 but I occasionally mix it up with other things depending on where they are jumping from.

Saltea Moonspell

Shit, I have never really needed a d1 as AA (playing other char) but I guess with Skarlet this might be the only reliable AA (poke).
I will try to adopt it to gameplay.

AssassiN

Noob
I don't really like using D1 as an AA except with Jax, his D1 is legendary combined with his low hitbox.
Sticking with uppercut for now I guess.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I love how Eddy Wang posts great info about punishing fast recovering attacks like Reptiles dash with a full combo instead of just 112/114 into chip, which is something high level players need to be doing, and instead the replies are all about d1 anti air.

Please Skarlet players, cause an upset already so everyone can see how stupidly good this character is. This character is slept on far too heavily!

AssassiN

Noob
I love how Eddy Wang posts great info about punishing fast recovering attacks like Reptiles dash with a full combo instead of just 112/114 into chip, which is something high level players need to be doing, and instead the replies are all about d1 anti air.

Please Skarlet players, cause an upset already so everyone can see how stupidly good this character is. This character is slept on far too heavily!
A beautysleep takes a long time.
The only people sleeping on this character are the non-tournament players.
Tournament players know damn well that Skarlet is a top character and are just waiting for someone to arrive to win a few tournaments.

We appreciate Eddy Wang's posts or we'd know a lot less about this character. A lot of Skarlet mains know about the 10-frame full combo punisher, it's just that if you do manage to screw up(you inputted the 1 too late) that you'll be punished for trying to punish.
It's not hitconfirmable at all.

ryublaze

Noob

Yeah most Skarlet players know about this stuff. What AssassiN[be] already said. The thing is is that her 10f punisher requires meter when she can punish Reptile's dash with 2,1 instead but 2,1 is 2 frames slower so it really depends on how fast you are at reacting and which punisher you want to use. The 10f punisher is good vs. Kung Lao's low hat.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think will make a video to show why this is really important, i just figure a bunch of stuff that only 10f punisher can punish

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Actually 2 is 12f, so no.

But there is some stuffs where you would easely get the 21~rd for meterless damage, and others only 1~rd~ex us should work.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
A beautysleep takes a long time.
The only people sleeping on this character are the non-tournament players.
Tournament players know damn well that Skarlet is a top character and are just waiting for someone to arrive to win a few tournaments.

We appreciate Eddy Wang's posts or we'd know a lot less about this character. A lot of Skarlet mains know about the 10-frame full combo punisher, it's just that if you do manage to screw up(you inputted the 1 too late) that you'll be punished for trying to punish.
It's not hitconfirmable at all.
Best times i see for this is like Eddy Wang said ducking punishing high strings/specials;

Duck kitanas cutter second hit, stand up 1 punish it
Jax dash punch same thing
All of Sonya's strings
Kabal using bad NDC strings..

AssassiN

Noob
Best times i see for this is like Eddy Wang said ducking punishing high strings/specials;

Duck kitanas cutter second hit, stand up 1 punish it
Jax dash punch same thing
All of Sonya's strings
Kabal using bad NDC strings..
Kitana's cutter and Jax' dash punch gets punished by 212.
Don't know enough about the Sonya MU to know where the 10 frame punisher would come in handy.
I'd rather poke out of Kabal's NDC pressure instead or armor instead of trying a 10 frame punisher with that 9 frame F4 Kabal has.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Kitana's cutter and Jax' dash punch gets punished by 212.
Don't know enough about the Sonya MU to know where the 10 frame punisher would come in handy.
I'd rather poke out of Kabal's NDC pressure instead or armor instead of trying a 10 frame punisher with that 9 frame F4 Kabal has.
u no crazy enough;)

Sonya's 21b4 can be 10f punished on reaction once you crouch block the second hit will whiff, and she can't link that into cartwheel.

AssassiN

Noob
u no crazy enough;)

Sonya's 21b4 can be 10f punished on reaction once you crouch block the second hit will whiff, and she can't link that into cartwheel.
I go for downslashes, just like you! :p
To be fair, if she had an 8 or 9 frame normal, I'd use it. But checking out the frame-data she has to be on the frame.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I go for downslashes, just like you! :p
To be fair, if she had an 8 or 9 frame normal, I'd use it. But checking out the frame-data she has to be on the frame.
:p, when i play skarlet i'm on the frame 97% of the time, just give me a brand new stiff D-pad