What's new

The "I played Black Adam before he was cool" thread

Calling it now. In the current state of the game, Black Adam is the biggest sleeper. I believe he is top 5 right now. Get in now to avoid being called a band wagoner when the whistle on the Black Adam hype train blows!

Why?

If you are here, you know why...

Black Adam and sleeper don't go in the same sentence.

Anyone who doesn't think this character is top 3-5 is an idiot considering how much he has.
I'm with you on the sleeper thing, just kind of referencing how this forum is kind of a ghost town right now compared to others. Maybe a poor choice of words.

As to the comment on the tools, that's exactly why I didn't bother breaking anything down, lol

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Calling it now. In the current state of the game, Black Adam is the biggest sleeper. I believe he is top 5 right now. Get in now to avoid being called a band wagoner when the whistle on the Black Adam hype train blows!

Why?

If you are here, you know why...
everyone playing him is already being called a band wagoner tho

Been dive kicking with my boy since Injustice 1, and still leaving big ass boot prints (like Tupac said) when I ride on my enemies!

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Adam has always been cool, even after he got nerfed in Inj1 lol, it seems like history will repeat itself again.

Been playing him since Vanilla Injustice 1. Could never seem to let him ago even after the nerfs. He's just that fun of a character to hang on to. Until Starfire......maybe....lol.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Black Adam was my first character in IJ1, actually my favorite DC Villain (I know he's more of an anti-hero sometimes).

But anyway, I do have to admit that I kinda hate that I'm falling back on him in Injustice 2, I'm learning Black Canary, Robin and Braniac on the side, but Black Adam is still my go to guy to clear stuff like Multiverse.

Though him being top 5, I don't know, he does a lot of damage, but he also has no lows, and even if you try to trick your opponent with an overhead into lightning strike, the lightning strike's startup is so obvious and slow it can be blocked on reaction.
He's also quite easily punishable, and his new string while having good spacing, starts with a high so you can just duck it.

He does well for me in online versus and ranked, but I don't think he has the tools to make it to the top where the pro's play as I feel there are better choices.

The only thing that really bothers me though is the lightning colour, kinda wish they kept it yellow, or perhaps like with GL have the shader he's wearing adjust the colour of his lightning.

Rizz091

Noob
He's looking strong initially but everyone thought Bison was the best character in the game week 1 of SFV. Tier lists won't even be relevant for at least 2 months or so. There's so much to discover.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I was on the bandwagon as soon as on my 2nd or 3rd combo try in the lab I did that 51% 1 bar combo f12 4 f12 mbdb3 b3 ji3 f12 1+3 nonsense. Got me super hard.

He's looking strong initially but everyone thought Bison was the best character in the game week 1 of SFV. Tier lists won't even be relevant for at least 2 months or so. There's so much to discover.
I really hope paulo thinks the same way, I have a feeling they're gonna start nerfing just like how they nerfed bojitsu kung jin in 1 month. That was such a bad call, bojutsu wouldn't have been top tier even if they didn't nerf him.