What's new

The History Of Mortal Kombat - Episode 01 - The Beginning

ded

Elder God
Unfortunately, although the video is not professional, it will take at least a month for Episode 02, but it WILL be released LOL

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Ded always, ALWAYS delivers.

And as for the NOOB Boon comment, in the end he's just giving you views! let him talk shit ajajajaja

It doesn't matter, take your time, but please keep doing these videos :)

ded

Elder God
Hey guys, a lot of people have informed me that Ed Boon continues to critisize my work on The History of Mortal Kombat Series. After his comment on Episode 01, I was advised by a lot of people, including Gambid, to ignore him. However, a few guys have informed me that another tweet from February 04th is critisizing the entire series.

quote: noobde: @_Karried_ No. That thing is RIDDLED with incorrect info. They needed a SERIOUS editor / fact checker. (4. Feb)

This comes from the man in charge of games such as MKA and MKVSDCU, who ignored the opinion of the fans for more than a decade. Midway sold and profitted on the backs of the fans for years. His comments might have been a lot different if the series were released during the MKDA - MKVSDCU era.

Unlike his comments that completely lack explaination, I can back up the series with ... SOLID FACTS.

Episode 01:

- Ed Boon, stated, "Mortal Kombat started out with four people in 1991”. That’s what we call a small team.
- They tried to license Van Dam, but that didn’t’ work. (GamePro Isse 58) However, a versus game where the main characters are 1,2,3…. But the opponents are like 10 or more is called beat 'em up, not a fighting game. For example – Pit Fighter is also beat 'em up.
- The Blocking in (99% of the) fighting games until MK1 was performed by pressing away. MK1 popularized the Block button. An obvious fact that does not need proving.
- They got inspired by Pit Fighter and Street Fighter (GamePro Issue 76 – page 40). Would you think they did not get a lesson from Pit Fighter’s glitchy gameplay?
- The characters: Originally there were going to be only six characters in the game, but the President of Williams told them to expand the roster and they added Sonya for 6 weeks. (Ed Boon: GamePro Issue 76 – Page 40). She adopted the story of a character named Stryker. Confirmed by Boon himself during the years.
- The original story can be seen on Tobias' MK1 artwork shown in the video (Taken from his twitter posts). No need to prove anything here…
- Cage’s similarity to Van Dam in Bloodsport is obvious. His original name was Michael Grimm. Source: Tobias' MK1 artwork
- Liu Kang as the main hero is confirmed in Tobias' MK1 artwork. The story of Yoshitsune Minamoto (which we didn’t go deep) was changed into Liu Kang’s one and we directly focused on Liu Kang’s bio. Even the original first sketch of Liu Kang is bald, but the actor obviously has hair on his head….source: Tobias MK1 artwork
- Kitsune character’s details can be seen on Tobias' MK1 artwork.
- The explained gameplay is a fact on its own and does not need to be explained.
- Revision 2.0 has been dumped for years, and there is no Reptile in it. Which makes 3.0 the revision in which he appeared.
- The ERMACS drama – will be explained in additional post
- We never said MK was the reason ESRB was created. It was one of reasons, alongside other violent games such as Night Trap.
- Home ports having gameplay similar to Revision 3.0 is obvious. Almost every single infinite from that revision worked in the amiga, pc, genesis, sega cd and some – even in the SNES versions of the game. Gameboy, Gamegear and Master System does not count.
- The version in MAT and MKAK is NOT Revision 5.0. One of the specific issues in 4.0 and 4.0 T-Unit is when you beat the game and it shows the actors who portrayed the characters in the game. It shows the p2 version of the character you have used in the game. This is NOT present in revision 5.0 t-unit. I suggest that they could have used also regular 4.0 revision, but this is more than rusty job and to me, sounds like an absurd…