What's new

Strategy The great sweep

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I want to open an individual thread for Jade's sweep, because It's awesome!
As far as I know, it's her best anti-cross-up tool: It lowers her hitbox and moves her forward.
It is a great pressure tool: you can sweep and be right in your opponent's face.
On block, It is -1, which means you can easily block after a blocked sweep and poke'em, it's almost like df4.

Some uses on wake-up specials for the sweep:
- Jax - goes under all his wake-ups, you are at least neutral after going under overhead smash and dash punch.
- Johnny - (done from at least normal sweep distance) goes under both his shadow kicks, beats nutpunch, goes under flip kick.
- Kang - + flash kick beats his low fireball and parry, goes under bycicle and dragon kick.
- Kitana - beats all wake-ups (done to stay close to her, but you better just duck blocking against her and punish everything with uppercut).
- Kano - goes under straight ball, beats choke, evades upball.

If you are sweeping an opponent facing the screen the same way he does - you can dash over him afterwards. Just a nice oki setup.

Discuss this great tool.

Oh yeah, and it is a great normal move overall, like her uppercut, but this is another story...

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Holy shit, -1? That's godlike for that style of sweep.

You can be uppercutted while doing sweep that's why i'm realy disappointed of this move. Anyway it still makes you invulnerable to many attacks like Kano's X-Ray 8D

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Her sweep is good except it can be parried by Cyber Sub-Zero which I find very irritating. I just D4~Ex Boomerang him *Mad!*

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You can be uppercutted while doing sweep that's why i'm realy disappointed of this move. Anyway it still makes you invulnerable to many attacks like Kano's X-Ray 8D
I don't think many people are just going to uppercut as you sweep, though.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think jade would have a combo with a sweep, such as 12(b4).
It would be kick ass if jade also had 122 as overhead on last hit, and 0 frames on block.

Those things along would fix some of her shit.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
There might be a patch that Paulo is working on in his free time, we just have to hope he isn't oblivious to jade.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
i knew this for a while, best thing is it also goes underneath reptiles acid balls which is a very good mixup instead of using glow to bait a dash and punish. Nightwolf also has a sweep similar thats low and goes forward too

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Some uses on wake-up specials for the sweep:
- Jax - goes under all his wake-ups, you are at least neutral after going under overhead smash and dash punch.
- Johnny - (done from at least normal sweep distance) goes under both his shadow kicks, beats nutpunch, goes under flip kick.
- Kang - + flash kick beats his low fireball and parry, goes under bycicle and dragon kick.
- Kitana - beats all wake-ups (done to stay close to her, but you better just duck blocking against her and punish everything with uppercut).
- Kano - goes under straight ball, beats choke, evades upball.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
If you are sweeping an opponent facing the screen the same way he does - you can dash over him afterwards. Just a nice oki setup.