What's new

The Gamers Edge - May 14th, 2011 - LI Local Tournament - MK9/SSF4/MVC3/UMK3 - Valley Stream, NY

Noob
What's up guys. I've been working on a local place on Long Island to get some local competition going for us Long Islanders and anyone else who wants to come compete.

When/Where:

Saturday, May 14th, 2011

The Gamers Edge
413 Rockaway Ave.
Valley Stream, NY 11581
(516) 792-6965

Setup @ noon - casuals till 3
Tournaments to start at 3pm

$10 door (venue) fee

Games and entry fees:

Mortal Kombat - $5

Super Street Fighter 4 - $5

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - $5

Ultimate MK3 - $5

Rules:

Mortal Kombat 9(PS3)
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches, 3/5 Grand Finals
Double Elimination
Kratos Banned
Kratos Stage Banned
Street Stage Banned
Sonya Military stance trap banned
Parry Glitch banned
Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees.

Super Street Fighter IV(PS3)
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches, 3/5 Grand Finals
Double Elimination
All available in-game button macros are legal.
Prizes are 70/20/10 of entry fees

Marvel vs Capcom 3(PS3)
1 Round Matches
2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Finals
Double Elimination

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3(PC with sticks and pads provided)
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Matches, 3/5 Matches Finals, 4/7 Matches Grand Finals
Double Elimination

Some information about The Gamers Edge:
http://thegamersedgerepair.com/

Noob
awesome guys! Glad to hear it! Jim, I'll let you know if we need anything. PM me and I'll get you my phone number so we can talk about anything needed.

You should schedule it for a different day then the $21,000 PDP tournament!

As a Long Islander I'd certainly attend if it wasn't for the conflict in schedule.

Noob
To be honest, not many people from LI are going to the $21k tournament... but I will be running more of these, most likely on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, so you'll definitely be able to make it to future ones.

Missing Vegas just wasn't an option for me, MK, gambling, crazy noteriety and and easy 10K were just too much to pass up. Look forward to seeing you at one of the future LI events.

spyk

Noob
Imma try to come out, coming from NJ, so we'll see, but I would love to come out and meet up with some strong competition.

Noob
Imma try to come out, coming from NJ, so we'll see, but I would love to come out and meet up with some strong competition.
That would be great. Currently, we're hearing that we're gonna have some big names there:

Shock
Summoning
REO
LI Joe
SweetJohnnyCage

Finally! A local scene, ill definitely be supporting this. I also do videography among other things so hit me up if you need to as well... knight7.com

Noob
Yeah, we'll definitely be in contact. It would be great to get some ambient video and some recordings done at the tournament.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
You know phil Im coming to this! I get out of work @ 3:00 so ima make it there asap! I needs to get my mk on! XD

Noob
Ill be there coming out from PA with friend and brother. you guys should post on srk more people would see it.
That's awesome that you'll be coming so far... looking forward to seeing you again.

After this tournament, I will definitely be promoting my tournaments on SRK as well.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I will be there, as long as the cab fare isn't a fortune. I will be in NYC most of this weekend for my brother's graduation, but I will actually be staying in Jersey for the trip.

Noob
Dreamcatcher... wow... gonna be great to finally meet you. We have people coming from NJ... so pm me your cell number and I'll talk to you and see if we can work out some kind of ride.

I'm stoked to see stuff finally happening on LI! I only found out about this yesterday, so I may not be able to attend. If you continue these, count me in for basically all of them going forward. I'm only about 5 minutes away from the venue, so I'll do whatever I can to support these events.

Paul Santoro

Pro Gamer / Commentator
hahahahaha i am from Long Island, i guess well just have to see wether im there or not tmrw. and if im any good ;)