What's new

The future meta of MK1 revealed? Kameo punishing > Main punishing?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

Some interesting post coming out on X that showing people doing full a combo punish, not to a unsafe string, or a flawless block to a combo starter ot something... but to a Kameo... effectively neutralising that kameo. In this case Serena but I've seen them for a lot of others. This could be why NRS made the perplexing decision to allow kameo to change when the opponent changes characters after a loss. The game is all about kameos. They do so much for your main... so working out the punishes to the kameos, creates a vulnerability to ANY main that uses it.

I think this (and the growth of flawless block execution) will end up a big part of the meta as more and more Kameo punishes get found. Giving people these great counter choices, of not only neutralising the kamo, but a counter kamo choice to turn that into different combos.

Last edited:
While it’s neat it’s specific to the sarenna kameo due to how her daggers work. Don’t see this applying to anyone else

Jynks

While it’s neat it’s specific to the sarenna kameo due to how her daggers work. Don’t see this applying to anyone else
this is just a serena thing... but all Kameos will have things that can be punished... or at least most of them. I'll try and find the other ones, but I have seen many posted already.

Jynks

Cool stuff. Noone gonna do sareena on block in tornament though
yeah, good point... but I think that while this site has a focus on the compeditive scene, it really is more of a casual place now. Most users here do not enter competitions at all. I think that super high level play is not something that is as important as dealing with the shit I see in KL. That is the meta that interests me, as that is the meta I actually have to play in.

Last edited: