What's new

The Flash: Official Trailer

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Dude, I respect your opinion on the show but you just CANT say it has ok acting, its just the worst fucking thing about it.
I can say it's okay, because I think it is.

Colton Haynes isn't very good at all, but the others are fine and get better as the show goes on too, imo. It's not a problem.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I can say it's okay, because I think it is.

Colton Haynes isn't very good at all, but the others are fine and get better as the show goes on too, imo. It's not a problem.
Not a fan of him either...

But I really like the dude that plays deathstroke. I think he's pretty good.

Good point. If I were a huge Green Arrow fan I'd probably suck it up for a few more episodes, but seeing as how he's one of my least favorite DC characters the drive really isn't there to endure. If it were awesome I'd probably change my opinion on the character and enjoy myself, but it just feels like Smallville 2.0. Smallville was awesome when I was 14. That's about it.
Yeah, I don't disagree with that sentiment. Acting and writing is moderately better, but only just so. The big advantage Arrow has is that there's less risk of the writers putting themselves in a corner like what happened in season 3 of Smallville where they basically had to start coming up with excuses to reset the status quo and explain why Clark wasn't Superman yet. Smallville was a guilty pleasure for me up until that point, and then I just gave up.

How the hell is ANYONE going to watch a superhero show and NOT expect some cheese?
I'd be much more open to the cheese if the show wasn't doing everything it possibly could to ape Batman and be super grim dark. If they'd given Ollie more of a sense of humor and tried to be a bit more fun with the material it would be a lot less distracting.

So many Arrow haters I remember when Arrow first released no one gave a shit about the show because everyone thought Oliver was just a random character and non important, and now everyone loves the show!

Woot!
I *will* admit that whatever problems I have with the show and its interpretation of Green Arrow....it is pretty awesome that the show has turned Ollie from a C-lister that nobody but a few hardcore DC fanboys ever gave a damn about into a household name. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if, in an alternate universe where DC didn't have the incentive to promote that show, Ollie didn't even make the cut into this game. Now....I wouldn't be surprised if he's a mainstay in big DC universe properties for the conceivable future. I just hope they let us keep grizzled old cynic ollie for most of them though. Its bad enough we lost him in the comics :(

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Don't like that he's on the younger side love everything else (Weather Wizard bit was awesome). More importantly are the connotations for a DC TV verse. Those effects were awesome for TV quality, so we may be getting bigger an better DC shows. And this is nice cause we won't get the Marvel movie issue where the world's gonna blow up and Captain America won't ask the guys he was friend's with for help.

Would be cool if the cross network shows could have ties (Constantine and Gotham are the two I remember) but don't know if contracts between companies are a problem

Yoaks

A spaceman
Why should I have to force myself to watch more episodes in hopes that it will improve? It's not like Arrow is the only action show on TV and I have to just suck it up until it "gets good." What if I go all the way to season 2 and it still sucks? Then I've wasted hours and hours on something I've hated since day one. This would be a logical course of action if there weren't hundreds of shows that are only one click away, all of which I can choose to follow regularly depending on if I like them or not. I seriously don't see how the show has any value outside of comic novelty.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I tried it out and the acting is just too bad.. It's hard to watch a show like this after watching shows like breaking bad, the sopranos, mad men, house of cards, game of thrones, true detective, the newsroom, etc... The quality just doesn't cut it.. Btw I recommend house of cards, it's amaaaaaazing!!

Yoaks

A spaceman
Yeah, I don't disagree with that sentiment. Acting and writing is moderately better, but only just so. The big advantage Arrow has is that there's less risk of the writers putting themselves in a corner like what happened in season 3 of Smallville where they basically had to start coming up with excuses to reset the status quo and explain why Clark wasn't Superman yet. Smallville was a guilty pleasure for me up until that point, and then I just gave up.

I'd be much more open to the cheese if the show wasn't doing everything it possibly could to ape Batman and be super grim dark. If they'd given Ollie more of a sense of humor and tried to be a bit more fun with the material it would be a lot less distracting.
Thats the main reason why I'm not watching the show. Green isn't suppose to be "Batman"! He's suppose to be the comic relief!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
also for anyone hating on the flash, IDGAF if its your opinion you will hear a mouth full from me, be wary about posting your opinions while am around i will take NO HATE, you all have been warned, try me suckas.