What's new

Video/Tutorial THe Flash Block Infinite and Safe Trait set up.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
There doesnt really seem to be constant pressure in this game . You can't just chip someone out like Cage you have to just take your safe 50/50 and be done. That's probably why normals do like zero chip. If you think about it, LK is only -5 so unless superman has full meter you have a safe combo starter that option selects into a MB combo. So it's pretty fair i guess

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
There doesnt really seem to be constant pressure in this game . You can't just chip someone out like Cage you have to just take your safe 50/50 and be done. That's probably why normals do like zero chip. If you think about it, LK is only -5 so unless superman has full meter you have a safe combo starter that option selects into a MB combo. So it's pretty fair i guess
yeah and whats sad is we are all stuck in the MK9 times and even SF players are counter poking in this game.......why?..... d1's do 0.07% my strategy now is if they start mashing d1 i'll let them until they start doing something unsafe, this will work online for sure, in high level play you just need to watch mix ups really, but defense can be OP, am testing WW shield stance turtle style, time out people not doing specials on block, and once they do an unsafe move, punish, if they throw...tech it, its easy. i'll record matches of WW turtle style tomorrow with results of the experiments.

R

Rottenmilk

Zyphox I'm a really good flash player, and I've won 3 local tournaments just using flash. really trying to push to a major.
Tom Brady is right. Zoning is entirely different in this game, you can block and dash. Easily. With flash, using trait for block jailing is not a good idea, they can block escape and destroy the trait. In my findings, what works better in a game for Flash is to use his trait for his 50% one bars, or to use it full screen, and going for his RMS low hitter into headbutts. its generally used for 50/50s. Chip damage was the most BROKEN thing about MK9. And I am glad they didn't make it insane. SFXT, SFIV, and tekkens Chip damage is in resemblance of Injustice GAU chip damage. the lower chip damage leads to better balancing. Imagine if Kabals block infinte did less chip. Free trait for 3% chip damage is not good. as for that, yes chip damage should be generally low. I think personally supermans lasers need to maybe 2-3% chip not 5%. As for the "standing vortex" you found, is excellent.
Theres no need for a block infinite! you can MENTALLY destroy your opponent with it, after B22, and they're mashing jab, you can lightning kick cancel dash back, and punish their poke for a F2. doesn't work on all characters with quick recovery, but a majority of the cast, and its a 50/50 going for an over head. Even if they block the D1D2 followed up by his B22, you can go for flashes overhead MB and just reset it. You can continue with B22 and go straight into ground pound, nuetral jump what ever. you're +3 for gods sake!
I think you are underestimating the mix up games of Flash, but I really appreciate what you are trying to do for the flash community. Flash can duck under projecticles with RMS. for example, Aquamans trident throw can be RMS ducked, and you can run at him, cancel run and you are in his face, while hes on the verge of almost completing his recovery frames. getting in with flash is not a problem, not to mention alot of his knockdowns are untechables, and if I were you, i would use MB Ground pound every chance you possibly can get on knock downs, Destroying their wake up options is a must. The goal of flash is to make them waste meter on push blocking. keep up the good work Zyphox, and Do not let these trolls on TYM get you except the respectable few, And Tom brady had words of wisdom, and what he said was right, keep pushing bro. btw, on what brady said about Rush down for getting nerfed. Hes right, Play flash right on rush down, he will make you cry. playing flash right means No wake up attacks, and forcing push blocks and being scared of when he will go high low. And untechable knock downs. Keeping flash out is hard.

Reactions: SLy
R

Rottenmilk

Zyphox

Push blocking Flash while in trait knocks him out of trait... yup... now enjoy almost 20 seconds of cool down.. so... who got punished for that block inf in reality?

and your push block punish was a bad example...

1. You wouldn't push block until Flash is in trait, so to punish my push block attempt you used trait AND 2 bars.

2. You have no clue at what point in your block inf that I am gonna push block. meaning, you can actually spend trait AND 2 bars and get nothing.

This is ONLY good when the opponent has no meter, otherwise its not practical.

Also, the rush down in this game is better than the zoning. You are mistaken in your statement. If normals built meter like specials then half the cast your kill you while locking you down and building ridiculous meter.
I wouldn't even say this is good if he has no meter, wasting trait for 6-8% chip isn't worth it. going for 50/50s or hit confirming into combos and using trait for his 50%ers is much more smartly spent.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Rush down is really good in this game what you need to worry about is thoes pesky Un grabable frames We grapplers hate

I thought that too red, but I realized we had a bunch of safe strings that lead to scary ass mix ups: b2/b22/f213. You won't get free pressure, but if you're smart/patient, Flash can just dominate. That's why I think this game is superbly balanced.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
thats because our keep away right now is in its early stages, but anyway i don't struggle with zoning, it just seems so dumb that i pressure my opponent and they can sit there an block everything and eat 30 hits on block and only lose 6% health.......
If your opponents block that many attacks successfully, you probably aren't mixing them up properly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lulzlou

Noob
Rush down isn't about chip damage in this game. You actually need to figure out ways to open your opponent up. This is NOT MK. Relying on chip damage wont get you far. From what I seen with Flash, Nightwing's Staff rushdown alone is far better than Flash's rushdown.

Zyphox

Zyphox I'm a really good flash player, and I've won 3 local tournaments just using flash. really trying to push to a major.
Tom Brady is right. Zoning is entirely different in this game, you can block and dash. Easily. With flash, using trait for block jailing is not a good idea, they can block escape and destroy the trait. In my findings, what works better in a game for Flash is to use his trait for his 50% one bars, or to use it full screen, and going for his RMS low hitter into headbutts. its generally used for 50/50s. Chip damage was the most BROKEN thing about MK9. And I am glad they didn't make it insane. SFXT, SFIV, and tekkens Chip damage is in resemblance of Injustice GAU chip damage. the lower chip damage leads to better balancing. Imagine if Kabals block infinte did less chip. Free trait for 3% chip damage is not good. as for that, yes chip damage should be generally low. I think personally supermans lasers need to maybe 2-3% chip not 5%. As for the "standing vortex" you found, is excellent.
Theres no need for a block infinite! you can MENTALLY destroy your opponent with it, after B22, and they're mashing jab, you can lightning kick cancel dash back, and punish their poke for a F2. doesn't work on all characters with quick recovery, but a majority of the cast, and its a 50/50 going for an over head. Even if they block the D1D2 followed up by his B22, you can go for flashes overhead MB and just reset it. You can continue with B22 and go straight into ground pound, nuetral jump what ever. you're +3 for gods sake!
I think you are underestimating the mix up games of Flash, but I really appreciate what you are trying to do for the flash community. Flash can duck under projecticles with RMS. for example, Aquamans trident throw can be RMS ducked, and you can run at him, cancel run and you are in his face, while hes on the verge of almost completing his recovery frames. getting in with flash is not a problem, not to mention alot of his knockdowns are untechables, and if I were you, i would use MB Ground pound every chance you possibly can get on knock downs, Destroying their wake up options is a must. The goal of flash is to make them waste meter on push blocking. keep up the good work Zyphox, and Do not let these trolls on TYM get you except the respectable few, And Tom brady had words of wisdom, and what he said was right, keep pushing bro. btw, on what brady said about Rush down for getting nerfed. Hes right, Play flash right on rush down, he will make you cry. playing flash right means No wake up attacks, and forcing push blocks and being scared of when he will go high low. And untechable knock downs. Keeping flash out is hard.
thank you for the words, just to let you know i already do all of these things, i have sets up just waiting for the tournaments am going to in the next few weeks, two of them i think are literally unblockable or you'd have to be a jedi or lucky to guess what side am on, but this is besides the point, i just don't like that zoning builds more meter and does more chip damage by almost 1000% ........ thats kind of ridiculous, have you played a green arrow that only does that low shot that pushes him back? by the time you get in on him with flash has armored b3, all these meter burn specials that he could use.........

R

Rottenmilk

thank you for the words, just to let you know i already do all of these things, i have sets up just waiting for the tournaments am going to in the next few weeks, two of them i think are literally unblockable or you'd have to be a jedi or lucky to guess what side am on, but this is besides the point, i just don't like that zoning builds more meter and does more chip damage by almost 1000% ........ thats kind of ridiculous, have you played a green arrow that only does that low shot that pushes him back? by the time you get in on him with flash has armored b3, all these meter burn specials that he could use.........
Green arrow needs that, he has ridiculously low combo damage. What makes him good is his undodgeable resets from his super, he kind of needs that you know, and he doesn't have very many frame traps either. And yes. I actually have a running man stance cancel of a combo chain that gives me a bit of an advantage in matches, and it gives GOOOOOD spacing, its a perfect free jump in. I haven't seen anyone block it. it might be a gimmick, but its not really a poke punishable gimmick. btw i found the ultimate mind game with flash lmao if they get up from a knock down, alot of them expect overheads, so i do a D1D2, then they expect another overhead, i do D1D2 again, than the over head and I get a free combo. I swear this works for me and its funny.

Zyphox

Green arrow needs that, he has ridiculously low combo damage. What makes him good is his undodgeable resets from his super, he kind of needs that you know, and he doesn't have very many frame traps either. And yes. I actually have a running man stance cancel of a combo chain that gives me a bit of an advantage in matches, and it gives GOOOOOD spacing, its a perfect free jump in. I haven't seen anyone block it. it might be a gimmick, but its not really a poke punishable gimmick. btw i found the ultimate mind game with flash lmao if they get up from a knock down, alot of them expect overheads, so i do a D1D2, then they expect another overhead, i do D1D2 again, than the over head and I get a free combo. I swear this works for me and its funny.
the flash on every knockdown from a lightning charge can sonic pound for free or MB sonic pound for +11 on block or a free trait just like this video, and on hit you can either do another lightning charge and repeat or trait up and do a trait combo, end it in lightning charge and do another sonic pound with or without meterburn, if regular is blocked you are still safe and can back dash to punish any attempted punishes or d1d2 to keep them guessing. that my friend is a mind game :)

DARKazen

Noob
thats because our keep away right now is in its early stages, but anyway i don't struggle with zoning, it just seems so dumb that i pressure my opponent and they can sit there an block everything and eat 30 hits on block and only lose 6% health.......
Nightwing db3MB in staff stance. It does retarded amounts of chip, and the MB makes it unpunishable. Sure you have to spend a meter for it, but you keep them locked down in the corner and it enhances your rushdown as well as making them afraid to sit and block. Not that it helps flash any, but just saying there are characters who capitalize on chip damage rather well, even without zoning.

Zyphox

Nightwing db3MB in staff stance. It does retarded amounts of chip, and the MB makes it unpunishable. Sure you have to spend a meter for it, but you keep them locked down in the corner and it enhances your rushdown as well as making them afraid to sit and block. Not that it helps flash any, but just saying there are characters who capitalize on chip damage rather well, even without zoning.
yeah because its a special move, and specials do chip, thats why fireballs do the chip in the first place, so nightwing has safe specials that multi hit and safe on block for a bar, and he's a good zoner too. the flash cant even get away with a LK in high level play, they can beat any follow up, or bait a backdash so he's just stuck blocking after that. they should had let the MB lightning kick also be blocked that and be like -2 to get some chip damage in for the flash and break any armored move more easily.

I crush the locals with that!

This is a touchy subject tho.... If flash had amazing chip and meter build he would be unstoppable. Its good the way it is. He is a 50/50 character like vanilla cammy. It is what it is.

Xenrail

Noob
After a blocked f213, you're +10, your sweep comes out in 11 frames and your overhead comes out in 12 or close to it. Think about that.
too bad the recovery on 3 is horrendous and you push them away on block
Rottenmilk said:
Green arrow needs that, he has ridiculously low combo damage. What makes him good is his undodgeable resets from his super, he kind of needs that you know, and he doesn't have very many frame traps either. And yes. I actually have a running man stance cancel of a combo chain that gives me a bit of an advantage in matches, and it gives GOOOOOD spacing, its a perfect free jump in. I haven't seen anyone block it. it might be a gimmick, but its not really a poke punishable gimmick. btw i found the ultimate mind game with flash lmao if they get up from a knock down, alot of them expect overheads, so i do a D1D2, then they expect another overhead, i do D1D2 again, than the over head and I get a free combo. I swear this works for me and its funny
Why, his frozen arrow gives him resets up the ass

Xenrail

Noob
Maybe you need more exp? People try to play keep away all the time vs me, I have no issue vs it. It is in no way "easier" or too string.
Just saw your match vs slip's death stroke. Looks like you ate a lot of bullets and this was post nerf. I bet you're eating your words now. Now imagine if you we're playing the flash who has no real counter play for projectile
Game here for the interested http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LSgT_25rWSw