What's new

The Final Round 17 Schedule, Updates and Hype Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's up at last.

Apparently Pools 1+2 are either done or close to it.

Last edited:
Well, let's just say it's hard to do much worse. I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be a dick, but this line of thinking is faulty. Nobody's saying Shock doesn't try. Nobody's saying he doesn't do a lot for the community. Nobody's saying he does this on purpose. We're just saying this is getting almost embarrassing. If you screw something up EVERY TIME, then something is really wrong.

I agree 100%. Don't say you are going to stream something at 2pm when in reality you really have no clue if you are gonna hit that time or not. Instead, say that you are going to try and stream at 2pm, but you are not sure if it will work out or not. But when you watch 100 tourneys in a row that are late, it does get annoying and sad. The people that stream the other games are able to stream consistently without problems, it obviously isn't that hard. How many times now has Pig saved the day?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Well, let's just say it's hard to do much worse. I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be a dick, but this line of thinking is faulty. Nobody's saying Shock doesn't try. Nobody's saying he doesn't do a lot for the community. Nobody's saying he does this on purpose. We're just saying this is getting almost embarrassing. If you screw something up EVERY TIME, then something is really wrong.
The difference between KN events and others is that the other events have consistent locations and already know what they have to do. The Big E events have changed hotels 3 times over the past couple years. So even if they're promised an internet line, they don't know how good the hotel's internet really is, which is why they get 4G backups, and shit happens with that too like at NEC. At a place like SCR or CEO they can go in and do whatever worked the previous time. IIRC KN hasn't streamed FR before and couldn't have been prepared for the fact that their 4G card wouldn't get service in the area, but they still found a way to stream, which we should be thankful for. When something that happens that's not their fault, even if it's something that's happened before with them, it doesn't somehow imply that it becomes their fault.

coolwhip

Noob
The difference between KN events and others is that the other events have consistent locations and already know what they have to do. The Big E events have changed hotels 3 times over the past couple years. So even if they're promised an internet line, they don't know how good the hotel's internet really is, which is why they get 4G backups, and shit happens with that too like at NEC. At a place like SCR or CEO they can go in and do whatever worked the previous time. IIRC KN hasn't streamed FR before and couldn't have been prepared for the fact that their 4G card wouldn't get service in the area, but they still found a way to stream, which we should be thankful for. When something that happens that's not their fault, even if it's something that's happened before with them, it doesn't somehow imply that it becomes their fault.
I guess they have the worst luck in the world then.

When was the location finalized for FR?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
When was the location finalized for FR?
What I mean is that I'm pretty sure KN hasn't streamed FR before because it's so far away, so they wouldn't have known if what they had would work. Plus I think we used to get an internet line in MK there (I could be wrong about that though).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
1) The same is true for Anime, but their stream is always up.

2) Doesn't that make a case for just letting Pig stream FR?

I love everybody in KN as people -- but maybe the best thing is for them to focus on running the tournament and let someone else take care of the stream/internet. Then they can do what they do best, and someone else can focus their attention on the stream.

What I mean is that I'm pretty sure KN hasn't streamed FR before because it's so far away, so they wouldn't have known if what they had would work. Plus I think we used to get an internet line in MK there (I could be wrong about that though).
All I'm saying is that it's not like the location was finalized this week, so there was plenty of time to scout the location which just seems like a common sense thing to do.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
1) The same is true for Anime, but their stream is always up.

2) Doesn't that make a case for just letting Pig stream FR?
I can't comment on the anime thing because I don't know about it. But as far as letting Pig stream, there's more to it than just a stream. For major tournaments they like having graphics and the right equipment that Pig might not have.

All I'm saying is that it's not like the location was finalized this week, so there was plenty of time to scout the location which just seems like a common sense thing to do.
It's pretty unreasonable to have them go test the location when it's 15 hours away. The thing is that they planned on using their 4G card, which is expected to work at a hotel in a major city like Atlanta. You can't always account for that not working. It's like going outside in NYC and having a reasonable expectation your iPhone will get service.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I can't comment on the anime thing because I don't know about it. But as far as letting Pig stream, there's more to it than just a stream. For major tournaments they like having graphics and the right equipment that Pig might not have.

It's pretty unreasonable to have them go test the location when it's 15 hours away. The thing is that they planned on using their 4G card, which is expected to work at a hotel in a major city like Atlanta. You can't always account for that not working. It's like going outside in NYC and having a reasonable expectation your iPhone will get service.
I had the right equipment 2012 and 2013 fr

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
What's going on exactly at the moment? Where are we right now? Pools? Top 16? I just got on stream saw Pig playing.. what's going on?!!

So get creative,

They couldn't have a local scout the location? Calls couldn't have been made ahead of time? No back up plan in place? I mean that's the entire point of back ups, for when thing unexpectedly don't work. The likelihood of things going wrong is irrelevant with regards to having a back up plan in the first place. Come on man.

Last edited: