What's new

The EVO 2024 MK1 Predictions Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's that time again.. EVO week!! The pools have been released, so we can get a look at who'll be matched up against who in the first rounds.

Who do you think will take it all?
Who do you think has a good chance to upset a heavy favorite?
Who do you think will make Top 8?

EVO 2024 MK1 Pools

Some notable players: SonicFox, Nicolas, Scorpionprocs, JavierMK, Rewind, Dyloch, Pulse, Semij, El Cucuy, Grr, DexyDawg, KillerXinok, KingGambler, DJT, 2EZ, Vyletz, Hayatei, Konqueror, MK_Azerbaijan, BigDaddyG

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Its pretty cool that seeming all of the LATAM big names are coming. I know numbers aren't what people quite want, but I think there's at least something to be said for the big names in the scene being willing to travel for big tournaments that aren't part of pro tour. What notable player isn't there who is US based? Only ones I can think of, albeit big names, are Xombat and Ninja.

Hard to bet against Sonic after what he displayed at FK, interested to see if he has a solution to Homelander.

Eldriken

Life was wasted on you.
My prediction? Homelander and Johnny. Lots of them. With a not-so-surprising over abundance of Khameleon as well.

rifraf

Noob
SonicFox seemed like an unstoppable force during Final Kombat. I will be extremely surprised if that's not the case during EVO. He was THAT good.